main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should Short-Round make a return in Indy4?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by dolphin, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Obviously Short-Round is now a man but if they're looking to make a family reunion out of this film they should include him.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    anyone?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    If the plot point to include Short Round makes sense in the context of the movie, fine. But he shouldn't be put in just for the sake of it.

I don't think the Indy franchise need fall to the "Ever Decreasing Universe" syndrome as seen in the Star Wars Universe.

4. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Actually it would be akin to those forced homages in films, especially those inspired by TV shows. Lost in Space anyone?

5. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Every TV show movie has a "homage" like that. Yuck!

:cool: Mace Windy,
    yes, there is a draft in here!

6. Kendu_Knight

Kendu_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Maybe Short-Round could be killed near the beginning like that guy in Temple of Doom, though this time it would spark a hatred and vengeance within Indy or something, which could be one of the reasons for him to try and stop the badguy.

I don't know, sounded good before I said it 8-}

7. Space_Cadet

Space_Cadet Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2003
    I always liked Short-Round. It kinda bugged me that they made no mention of him in The Last Crusade. Theoretically he should have been in Raiders too, since Temple of Doom is actually a prequal. Him and Indy had a very close relationship, and then it went caput? What did Indy do, put him in an orphanage? I hope he has a major part in Indy IV.

8. Utility_Belt

Utility_Belt Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    i cant remember how i know this, but the guy who played short-round is now a stunt guy for asian tv shows!! i think he may have done some producing as well.

9. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    It would be cool to see Short-Round, but only if it makes sense in the context of the film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.