Should Short-Round make a return in Indy4?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by dolphin, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin Chosen One

star 4
    Obviously Short-Round is now a man but if they're looking to make a family reunion out of this film they should include him.

2. dolphin Chosen One

star 4
  3. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    If the plot point to include Short Round makes sense in the context of the movie, fine. But he shouldn't be put in just for the sake of it.

I don't think the Indy franchise need fall to the "Ever Decreasing Universe" syndrome as seen in the Star Wars Universe.
  4. malducin Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually it would be akin to those forced homages in films, especially those inspired by TV shows. Lost in Space anyone?
  5. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Every TV show movie has a "homage" like that. Yuck!

:cool: Mace Windy,
    yes, there is a draft in here!
  6. Kendu_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe Short-Round could be killed near the beginning like that guy in Temple of Doom, though this time it would spark a hatred and vengeance within Indy or something, which could be one of the reasons for him to try and stop the badguy.

I don't know, sounded good before I said it 8-}
  7. Space_Cadet Jedi Padawan

I always liked Short-Round. It kinda bugged me that they made no mention of him in The Last Crusade. Theoretically he should have been in Raiders too, since Temple of Doom is actually a prequal. Him and Indy had a very close relationship, and then it went caput? What did Indy do, put him in an orphanage? I hope he has a major part in Indy IV.
  8. Utility_Belt Jedi Youngling

i cant remember how i know this, but the guy who played short-round is now a stunt guy for asian tv shows!! i think he may have done some producing as well.
  9. Master Salty Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It would be cool to see Short-Round, but only if it makes sense in the context of the film.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.