main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should spoiled people be allowed to post in "Non Spoilers" during the run up to EIII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Spaced, Jun 27, 2002.

?

Should spoiled people be allowed to post in "Non Spoilers" during the run up to EIII?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

57.5%
  3. don't care either way

2.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spaced

Spaced Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2002
  2. Spaced

Mar 21, 2002
    not sure what I think about this personally, but I know that in the run up to the release of AOTC, there were a lot of slip ups (unintentional), but maybe this time we should make a choice-spoiled or spoiler free, and have to stick to it(to a point-eg unspoiled can always become spoilt, but not the other way round) any thoughts?

3. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    As long as they stick to the NS rules, I don't really care :)

4. Spaced

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm thinking of times when people pretty much casually mentioned Jango's death, or were like-"a-ha-you won't be saying THAT when you've seen what I know happens", which sometimes would make it completely obvious what was being suggested

5. Darth_Sid_Vicious

Darth_Sid_Vicious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    i guess that might happen accidentally- but responsible people who know stuff will not go into the non spoiler section. people who are obnoxious and want to ruin it for others and get this buzz out of spoiling it for others will go in- nothing really to stop them- suppose a better non spoiler section patrolled by an increade in mods migh cut this down? a guess.

so really i think out of respect for non spoilers then people who know any spoilers should stay out of the non spoiler section- not out of the fact they shouldn't be there but just incase they say something that they dont think is spoiling but is. this way it avoids people accidentally letting things out altogether and probably getting in trouble- intentional or not. :) i know i wont go into non spoiler sections once i start to know stuff about Episode III.

6. Spaced

Mar 21, 2002
    why is no-one voting? we can discuss as well, but register your vote!!!

7. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    I'm thinking of times when people pretty much casually mentioned Jango's death, or were like-"a-ha-you won't be saying THAT when you've seen what I know happens"

Well, that'd be breaking the rules and the offenders would be dealt with

8. jedi4500

jedi4500 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    they shouldnt be allowed in, its like someone talking to u about a soccer game u taped for the world cup that u didnt see yet and them giving their opinion (not the score) when they know the result...

9. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    Let them post, but they have to follow the rules, just like everyone else.

10. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    stinrab: Unfortunately, you can only punish them *after* they spoil us. [face_plain]

I was spoiled WAY too much in the NSA section for AOTC, this shouldn't happen for EpIII.

11. Slave-2

Slave-2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2002
    They can post but don't do anything to rub them up the wrong way or they may feel inclined to drop a spoiler into the mix just to tick people off!

12. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I don't think there would be any real way to regulate who can and can't post here, plus as we know there are different levels to being spoiled. The only way to guarantee being 'spoiler free' is to avoid the larger forums (including this one) and the front page.

13. SaberSlinger

SaberSlinger Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Why not? As long as they don't spoil your innocent eyes, it shouldn't be an issue.

o]||||{ -------SaberSlinger-------

14. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I don't really care, but I say no...I've talked to many fine spoiled people who accidentally spilled something out when talking about the movie.

It's understandable, though. I mean, we're just speculating, and when you're talking to a spoiled person they've gotta go nuts because they know what's actually gonna happen and we could be way off. I can see how it gets frustrating.

Hence why they should just stick to their own board ;)

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I'm curious why they come in here even. Especially the guy who posted about Jango's beheading. That was fun to read. [face_plain]

16. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Yeah, the twit [face_plain]

The problem is, they post with a spoiler mindset, for example a Select picture, they know what is happening in the picture, so try to push all discussion in that direction. I don't mind if they post, as long as they do so with some thought... :)

17. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Right. Heck, even jasman hinted in one thread what Jar Jar's role in AOTC was, and he's an ADMIN. Look, if you're spoiled, post over there, we don't want any "hints".

BTW, Kaa, I'm assuming you read that guy's post about Jango? I know about 5 or 6 people read it. :(

18. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Yeah, I read that post. :mad:

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Essentially:

Sucked to be us. :D

20. Patches

Patches Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    I don't mind them posting, as long as they're careful not to spoil us.

21. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I was spoiled for AOTC. I visited this forum a couple times before AOTC came out, but I never posted. I knew I would give something away. I just came here to laugh at how little everyone knew. This time around, I plan on being spoiler-free. I hope I know as little about Episode 3 going into the theater as some of you did for AOTC.

22. young_padme

young_padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2002
    I think they should be able to as long as they follow the rules. ;)

23. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]yodajeff, good to have you in the NSA. ;) this will be fun[/color]

BTW, no spoiled people!!!

24. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Spoiled people really help clear out trolls and people who post fake spoilers.

They also spice up things without spoiling us. Let 'em come.

25. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I can't speak for any of the other mods/admins/managers/whatever, but I have no problem with Spoiled members posting here, to a point.

If a spoiled member starts to, uh, flaunt the fact that he is knows information that we don't know on a consistant basis, I will ask he or she to leave. There were far too many spoiled members who posted in this forum before AOTC came out who would enter a thread of speculation and post "I know the answer! :D" [face_plain]

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windy as a hurricane, unpredictable as a raincloud!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.