main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should SW CCG be made into a PC Online Game?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by StarWJLC, Sep 22, 2001.

?

Should SW CCG be made into a PC Online Game?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes, because it would allow play with other people

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No, it would cheapen the game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, because it could get more people involved

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. No, online card games don't have the same feel

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Yes, it would be as awesome as the release of EP II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ahh...I don't really care you scruffy lookin fuzz ball

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWJLC

StarWJLC Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2001
  2. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I have no one to play with.

3. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Same here i fell the pain.

4. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
  5. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
  6. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    Yes, but not like Stark Trek CCG Online. Having ot pay real money for virtual cards, with no way to transfer your real cards into the virtual world, well that just plain sucks. It's especially a slap in the face to us longtime players, who have poured thousands of dollars into our collections over the years, and have to start collecting all over again. If Decipher wants to make money off it, they should release it as a packaged game in software stores, and make their money off software sales. New sets could be released as expansion packs, but later than the real cards, maybe around the time the subsequent set comes out. So for example, if it were out now, we'd get Reflections 3 and Online Coruscant at the same time. Decipher could even offer online playtesting sessions for upcoming expansions since their playtesters don't always seem to try to break the cards as much as they should (remember operatives? remember Hidden Base?), or special online preview cards, or whatever other special promotions they could dream up. This would also be very newbie-friendly, since everyone would have unlimited amounts of every card, so everyone's collections would be on equal footing.

7. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    Does anyone here use card table? I have it, but I only use it to "playtest" my decks against decks that use cards I don't have.

CGO has mentioned that they are going to be working on a virtual cards game. That would be cool. If they do eventually make it, I hope it will be like the apprentice program for Magic. (I have actually endorsed this on the boards previously)

The only problem here is that I only have the internet at work, and I would rarely get the time to play a full game.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Only if it was cross-platform, otherwise my wrath (immune to alter) would be unstoppable [face_batting]

9. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Well, I guess I'm the only one so far who has voted "no". I like card games. I like having something in my hand, shuffling, playing on a table, sitting across from a real person.

I like computer games, too, but it just isn't the same. It's like the difference between a theatrically released movie and a direct-to-video release. It's a different experience, and I prefer the experience of a real card game.

10. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    If I had more people to play the game with, I would agree with Artie.

11. Jedilane

Jedilane Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    Here is how I feel:

I have one person to play with in my home town (Houston), but my best friend, who plays SWCCG, lives in Plainview. I have wanted an online method of card playing for a long time.

There is the CardTable and DeckMaker combo, but it doesn't work that well. At least I can't get it to work. If someone could come up with a better version of these or maybe even if Decipher could sponser a free one, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Jedilane - Veteran Internet Junkie and SWCCG Addict

12. StarWJLC

Aug 13, 2001
    I always wished Decipher had done something like this: for each card one some part of the border or backside there would be a number or code. This code would apply to the star wars ccg pc game. You would log on to the net and "register your card" so you could then add that card to your deck for online play. Decipher wouldn't be at risk becuase to play online, you would need to buy the cards.

13. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    I live in a town with 90 people, 14 are kids. I am the only one who REALLY likes Star Wars.

14. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    >>>I always wished Decipher had done something like this: for each card one some part of the border or backside there would be a number or code. This code would apply to the star wars ccg pc game. You would log on to the net and "register your card" so you could then add that card to your deck for online play. Decipher wouldn't be at risk becuase to play online, you would need to buy the cards.

That would've been GREAT! Not only would you have to buy cards to get them for online, if the online game were to come out now, we'd be able to transfer our cards over for online play. I'm not a STCCG player, but I'd imagine it sucks if you played the game for a long time, and then they came out with the online cards and you had to effectively re-buy your entire colletion (and continue buying double as new cards came out).

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    the code thing wouldn't work because then people would just be sending whole lists of "CC Card UPC's" out to everyone.

16. StarWJLC

Aug 13, 2001
    If Decipher had a database it would work because once that particular copy of a card was registered it would be "locked" out. ex. no one Darth Vader would have the same code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.