main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should TCW Come Back?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Narutakikun, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Hated this episode. Thought most of this season was pretty miserable. If they've run out of steam like that, then they need to end it. They could end it here, or possibly go another season. But with how inconsistent the show has been in quality, I don't think it can go for another 100 episodes, nor should it IMO. There are loose ends like Rex's fate, and whatever happened to Maul (he was spared to what end?). Also Talzin's fate and what her role with Maul was, the escape of the CIS leaders from custody, etc.

None of which is essential, I guess. The novels and comics can fill in those gaps.

I don't know. I liked seasons 1 and 2. I thought 3 ended well despite being terrible early on. Season 4 opened with some mediocre episodes but was one of the most consistently good in quality. But now I've endured 5, which for me was the worst by far. If they can raise the bar for season 6 and perhaps stop overreaching in the stories they want to tell, then I could maybe get on board for a S6. But if they were patting themselves on the back thinking that this is some of their best work yet, then I'm not too interested in going any further. Let what has been an overall good show end rather than beat it into the ground with season after season, overstaying its welcome and relying on filler.

Ashley Eckstein did a fantastic job this episode. The animation was brilliant. The story was absolutely abysmal and the show really needs to get an equivalent of Leland Chee (or even Chee himself) to overlook some of the crap they've been turning out. It's like they write and episode, then completely forget about it, resulting in episodes retreading the same ideas, characters learning lessons they've already learned, or characters just behaving in the most inconsistent ways.

I would say that if the show does come back, then S6 should be its last.

2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Does George have as much say anymore now that it's been sold. Though it would be extremely crass as well as stupid for Kennedy and Co simply to scrap it, specially since it seems to have got Lucas motivated again.

As for the Yoda thing I have not heard that, where did he say that as I thought it was his idea in the first place.
    TBH It sounded like a bad idea anyway, a small frog that talks in a strange voice, whether puppet or CGI ping pong ball is no way able to be the lead in a film. This show did 1 episode with Yoda as the lead and never again, for a reason.

3. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I agree the show needs to rap up all the various arcs up and tie into RotS as it should do.
    It could do it in 1 maybe 2 more seasons, then stop. All this BS about another 100 episodes is just that, besides there is only so long they can drag out the Clone War even if does get retconned from 3 to 5 years.
    At the moment it's the only Starwars show on, and that has the fan base interested. I think Disney will want to try different periods when the ST comes out anyway.

4. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Happy with the way it ended. Happy if they left it at that. Won't complain if they bring it back, though.

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    In Season 6, it'll be nice to see some more Anakin/Obi-Wan interaction now that Ahsoka is out of their stories (at least, it seems that way). How do you make this show seem like we're very close to ROTS? Put Anakin and Obi-Wan back together!

6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    The one singular reason they have to continue with TCW - Maul. Darth Maul still being alive is pretty major, and quite clearly not addressed in ROTS.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I just want to know what happens to Rex. ;.;

8. Darth_Poe

Darth_Poe Jedi Padawan

Feb 20, 2013
    I think that Season 6 will tie up loose ends and will show the after-affects of Ahsoka leaving the order with the final episode of the series leading up to the battle shown in the second episode of Vol.2 of the Micro-series.

9. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    After that finale? I would say an emphatic yes.

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I highly doubt this show will link up with the micro-series in any way.

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    It does in some ways by having Ventress at all. And JAT voicing Obi-Wan.

Darth_Poe likes this.
  12. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    If TCW was a stand-alone series, then I think a strong argument could be made for ending here. However, it's not, it's not even close.

Most critically, TCW needs to end in a way that not only fits with ROTS, but also does not imperil the general narrative of the Dark Times. As a result certain characters really, really need to either die or fully exit the active sphere of the universe (ie, by retiring to remote planets) to preserve the overall narrative. Ahsoka, as Darth Vader's former padawan is number one on the list. Ventress is number two and Maul three, and there are several TCW original characters, such as Cad Bane, who really desire their own finales.

Now the above is not necessarily true if TCW stops only to be replaced with a series (whether in TV or another medium) that leaps into the early Dark Times and addresses those issues but I don't really see that as in the cards, so it would be better for TCW to resolve its remaining major plot points before coming to a conclusion. I do think that should be relatively soon, I wouldn't push past season 7.

13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Kill Maul, release the Separatists, and we'll be fine. Skip the first, and TCW has greatly screwed up the larger narrative of the film saga (Not just the EU, the film saga itself). Maul should NOT be alive by the war's end.

14. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Honestly, I'm perpetually disheartened by SW releases, whether they're literary or visual. The Clone Wars keeps my attention because of my interest in the meta-narrative and it has introduced genuinely interesting story threads (Nightsisters, Death Watch, Ventress, Cad Bane, Tarkin, Ahsoka, Imperialization, Savage/Maul, etc.).

But I'll never be ceased to be amazed at how spectacularly the staff and crew piss away great opportunities. They need not sacrifice artistic quality to make a buck or to preserve the cool factor: there's a way to accomplish all the above. It's good that Filoni challenges George to a degree, but it seems like someone needs to challenge them both. Question them: "Are you sure we should go this route?" "Perhaps this way would be better?" "Couldn't we accomplish X and still do Y?"

I'd like another season or two of TCW, but we need to raise the game.

TaradosGon likes this.
  15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    "The Clone Wars" should return... END OF DISCUSSION!

Indeed... too many big things left undone.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  16. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    In a prefect world IMO the show would wrap up in season 6 dealing with Maul, the Battle of Coruscant, a few Skywalker and Kenobi adventures.

And then a Dark Times Show will replace it picking up with Ahsoka, Ventress etc.

klooney likes this.
  17. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    This. I feel like there are a lot of loose ends that need to be tied up, so ending it now wouldn't be smart. But at the same time, I'm a little bit tired of the Clone Wars (not the show). They should finish up to the events of Revenge of the Sith in the next season and then end it. Or if they're not gonna end it, then they should rename or rebrand the show for the events after Episode III.

Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That sums up my feelings. There are just to many lose ends in TCW right now for it to just end. Ok so Ahsoka is away from Anakin now but really very little has been resolved including her ultimate fate.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Still, I hope this dramatic change in the finale signifies that we're heading towards endgame now. Whether that takes one or two more seasons, we don't need any filler now.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, it will come back, i have faith

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    We're officially over halfway there, just another 100 episodes to go.

22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    **** no.

If this show wants to spin-off into a Dark Times show, fine. But The Clone Wars has a maximum of three seasons for me. I will not follow it past that line.

TaradosGon likes this.
  23. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I could go for another 100 if they abandon the multi-episode arcs and go back to the episodic format. That would give variety to the show, and would breath new life into it

24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Would we also have to go back to Season 1 quality? Ugh...

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Filoni, ever hear of priorities? Please focus and tie up the loose ends/finish the series...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.