main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should TCW Come Back?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Narutakikun, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Not season 1 quality. Same episode quality, just a wider variety of stories.

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    They already tied up one. The big one. I'm sure the rest will be sorted out soonish.

3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I liked Season 4's model - 2 standalones, a duology, two trilogies and three 4-part story arcs. Still leans towards longer, more focused stories, but also avoids the audience becoming bored by using the same format constantly.

4. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I could live with that format. I would prefer the 4-parters to be reduced, though- four episode arcs should be exclusive to only the 'big' arcs, such as this last one, IMO.

Darthgoodguy and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  5. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I'm so in love with this show that I don't want it to be over, ever, no matter if it made much sense in SW history for TCW to continue for, say, 20 more seasons.
    I want TCW to come back because I love the artistic style, the animation and most of the original characters. I also love that it appeals to different age groups ... it was such a nerdgasm for an old SW geek to see her 9-year-old get hooked to Star Wars because of TCW, and this is what IMO makes the Jar Jar- and droid-centric episodes just as precious as the ones I prefer.

What I love most about TCW, though, are the clones. The first pictures of stormtroopers were what made me want to see ANH in the first place when I was 11, and this attitude towards Star Wars hasn't changed much in all those years. I was never really interested in the Jedi, neither in the movies nor the books. I preferred the more military-oriented novels by Zahn and Stackpole over the others and bought the Republic Commando game just because I had loved the first RC book. While the TCW novelization actually prevented me from watching the movie and the show for a rather long time, when I finally caught up with it, I was surprised in a very positive way due to the show's clone-centric episodes. I want the show to continue so I can see what becomes of Rex, Fives and Wolffe (and of Ventress).

BW2 likes this.
  6. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I would like the show to drop the 22 episode format and go with 12 episodes at 44 minutes a piece. When we got a two parter, it would make a 90 minute movie. This is my favorite show ever. I love it. But I do sometimes hate watching a story in 4 parts in 22 minute increments.

I hope this story and format never ends. I hope they do transition into something else.

I think Ahsoka will probably set up the Rebel Alliance. We've seen her partake in training the rebels on Onderon. It is somewhat likely that the Mandalorians are in a civil war now. Once Imperialism hits the entire galaxy, people like Bo-Katan and the Cadets Ahsoka trained are going to rebel. If they don't like an outsider ruling Mandalore, that won't change under Imperial rule. So essentially Ahsoka is going to have ties to all these disparate rebellions.

So it makes sense that once The Delegation of 2000 fails and Padme, Mon Mothma, and Bail Organa decide to rebellion is the way to go, they will find Ashoka. Padme doesn't even trust Anakin about that. Ahsoka maybe the only "Jedi" they can trust.

There is way too much to do for this to end now.

07jonesj likes this.
  7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    JasonW Please, oh Lords of Kobol, do not let this come to pass. We've already had this story told, from Lucas, in The Force Unleashed. If he's going to start overwriting his own stories, then I'll simply give up.

Ahsoka does not need to be involved in the Rebellion. She should not.

The 45-minute format, I agree with. Especially when they've gone all 4-parters.

Mia Mesharad and GGrievous like this.
  8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Yes, it definitely should, there are a ton of stories to tie up, Mandalore and Maul being two of the biggest.

Seerow likes this.
  9. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    oops wrong thread.

10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    BW2 That's funny, the Anakin I know is constantly defying rules and orders, always going on his own, risky path.

Anakin himself wanted to leave Tatooine and join the Jedi, Anakin chose to marry Padme in secret and then was going to leave the Jedi Order to settle on Naboo. Anakin chose to disarm Mace Windu in a moment of crisis, and in the end chose to defy Sidious and help his son. In the latest episode of this show, he chose to ignore the Council and go look, and attack, Asajj Ventress.

Anakin makes lots of decisions, they just aren't the best ones.

11. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Yes he acts. But he does not take decisions for his own life. Anakin did not wanted to leave his mother but did, he wanted to leave the jedi order but he did not achieve that, anakin disarming mace was a sign of despair, not a decision. And when he attacks sidious, thats also in despair. He runs around and tries to fix the problems cuased from the decisions of others.

12. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, as much as a good show ending episode Ahsoka leaving could've been, they really need to clean up that Maul thing.

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't feel Ahsoka's story is really resolved among other things TCW needs to address before it wraps up.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree. Ahsoka fans will want more closure for her, and who will provide that?

I can already see the fan fic world going nuts over it.

07jonesj and Seerow like this.
  15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Let's hope for a chain reaction: Once you kill off Ahsoka, you kill off the Ahsoka fan fic/art world. [face_sick]

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Morbid as it sounds. I'd much rather see Ahsoka's dead body at some point before the show ends than to know she could still be out there somewhere. If Ahsoka is never seen again and not actually in the Jedi order, I hate to say it but it increases the possibilities for where she could pop up again. I say this even though I've never expected the show would actually kill her off on screen.

I gotta say where the show has put Ahsoka sure as hell throws some monkey wrenches in various theories for what will happen to Rex. I often imagined him involved in an order 66 scene with her. It has me swinging back toward my old 'Rex falls on his own sword' idea.

17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    ROTS should have a special edition where every scene that Anakin & Obi-Wan are walking around the Jedi Temple, droid snipers are about to take them out, and Ahsoka keeps dealing with them. :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Based on the featurette, that sounds like what Dave is going for. :p

Seerow likes this.
  19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'd prefer another two seasons. At least that way we'll have some Star Wars to watch until Episode VII comes out.

I've been wondering, was Ahsoka supposed to be in the Clovis Arc?

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That was may favorite part of the latest commentary, bro. Along with learning the fade out ending isn't as big a deal as a certain someone made it out to be and was scaring the hell out of me with.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  21. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Should the show come back? Oh yes, there's many holes to fill and more stories to explore so keep 'em coming. The show has come a long way from the movie back in 2008.

phatdude1138 likes this.
  22. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Its interesting that Lucas wanted to kill Ahsoka. Filoni saying that now, after Lucas is gone shows to me, that Kennedy leaves it up to Filoni to kill her or not. I think George Lucas is now enjoying his retirement instead of caring about Characters like Ahsoka Tano. I think Lucas slowly closes the Star Wars chapter in his life. But of course he will always be the greatest fan.

phatdude1138 likes this.
  23. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I know I sound like a broken record (and I wasting valuable forum space) but I really believe Filoni has come into his own as the future of Star Wars. TCW started off so/so and is now going strong. I'm a die hard Lucas supporter, but I agree, he created this wonderful universe and if quality people like Filoni take over, good decisions could be made. I'm not saying "Lucas is tired", but maybe he is. Killing off Ahsoka was a "lazy way out". If Filoni really fought to keep her alive, then the best man won and the est decision made. Filoni saw the potential of many more stories with keeping Ahsoka alive.

Now in to my business theory why TCW should comeback:
    Disney bought Lucasfilm to generate revenue off the Star Wars BRAND. Why would they cancel a series already in motion so there is NO STAR WARS until 2015? I would assume they would keep it going until at least 2015 (two more seasons). Again, everything is in place, they have nothing new to do. Also Lucasfilm doesn't HAVE a network so they had to shop around and ended up on Cartoon Network. Since Disney owns several net works, they can also shoehorn it in anywhere, again minimal cost. Advertising. Disney is an advertising beast, TCW can get advertising more than what they got before. Again, why wouldn't Disney advertise it's new brand?

Same thing goes for Ahsoka. Killing her off kills off anyway to market her. I could totally see a Ahsoka inspired ride at Disneyland! ;) Ok, maybe not that much, but I don't think dead characters sell to people, especially kids.

Not just Ahsoka, why bring back Maul? Let's market these characters, BUT leave their stories in capable hands like Filoni's....

I would be shocked if TCW doesn't continue on, at least with something already in it's place (and we are not talking films every 3 years). It's been 3 decades since I've been a kid, and from what I know of what's on Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon or Disney channels, none of those shows compare to TCW in fandom, story or marketability.

Again I couldn't fathom Disney NOT marketing to kids with an on going series.

24. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    i think Filoni has now the Lucasfilm animation shows under his control. Until Abrams will bring back SW on the big screen Filoni will be the strong maker. He has now 2 years to convince Kathleen kennedy to keep up more quality SW animation series in the future. If he does good work and growing the young fanbase for Abrams, than i dont see a reason why Lucasfilm would end production of animation style Star Wars for TV.

25. Kal La Kai

Kal La Kai Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2013
    From a business standpoint I also agree that killing off Ahsoka would be a bad idea. But more so would be the fact that they would upset a lot of fans. TCW has a large fan base and that's partially because there something in this show that everyone can relate to. I definitely relate to Ahsoka in many ways and I'm sure many other female or even male fans relate to her and would hate to see her gone. She's a great character for the younger audience to relate to.

That's why I love this show so much. There's such a diverse cast of characters. From young to old, to good to evil. There's even the evil-good characters like Ventress.

There's too much story left to tell and thus I don't believe we've seen the end of TCW yet.

phatdude1138 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.