main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should TCW Come Back?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Narutakikun, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Now you're just being naive :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    le sigh

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    They won't kill Ahsoka until the end of the show, if ever...it's been said the show started with her and will end with her. We'll definitely see her next season and beyond. She may even return to the order.

they really need to clean up that Maul thing.

What's to clean up? Sidious has him clearly under his thumb. He'll be following his orders or he'll get slaughtered.

4. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    The reason I want this series to continue, because I would be fine with this being the last appearance of Ahsoka it leaves tons of potential for the future, is I want to see the Clones redeemed. Can I picture Rex or Fives carrying out Order 66 after everything we've seen them go through? No way. Even Cody at this point it's hard to wrap your head around. One of the writers told me there is a clone centered arc coming up, to me if this show is called The Clone Wars we need to resolve how those guys that have been so noble up till now can shoot Jedi in the back.

5. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I hate to tell you this, but there's really not all that much. We're a few months at most away from RoTS as Season 5 ends.

07jonesj likes this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Tell ya what. TCW can get canned if my selfish ass can get a spin off that is nothing but Rex and Fives to finish out their stories.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  7. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Now that would be an alternative I could live with [face_dancing].

8. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I personally am confused by the timeline in TCW. The only reason I knew it was progressing was when the clones changed their helmets. I always refer back to the Simpsons, they are on season 20+ and Bart hasn't aged. The same could be said about TCW. At the end of season 5 we could be 5 months away from ROTS or maybe 12. If we get one episode a week for 26 weeks, it doesn't have to necessarily equal 26 weeks in the SW universe.

So what are we saying here? Is season 6 (if there is one) the last season because it will run right up to ROTS? In that case there isn't a reason to even hope for more TCW? Should we fight for more TCW? It also seems like Disney may just put it on life support just to carry it over until 2015 and EP7.

The more I think about it, the more bummed I get..

9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Got an official source for that statement? :cool:

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  10. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Bart and Lisa and even maggie are shown aged in some episodes. But the audience did not like that much and they decided to let them stay kids. I think its better. A grown up Bart is just a Looser at best. He and milhouse or that ralph idiot still share an appartement, while Lisa is becoming first female President of the Untited States. LOL

For TCW Season 6 i think it will be the last season. It needs to end at the beginning of ROTS. TCWs ending scene should be Obi Wan and Anakin entering their jedi starfighters to rescue the chancelor.

After that they can easily rebrand the show and go on with some dark times stories.

11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think they should finish up quickly and get the potential Dark Times show rolling.

I think the whole fake war has been milked as much as possible (it barely even featured in S5) and it is now time to move on.

12. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I think 70% of the next season should be used into lining up the events of ROTS. So heavy clone involvement, and more of Obi-wan and Anakin working together. I would also be in favor of honoring the Labyrinth of Evil EU. I also think they need to tie up the endings of Rex and Wolfee. Wolfee can just meet a sad death, but I think they should do a good story arc of Rex defecting or ending up MIA. Just a TINY bit should be of Anakin and Obi-Wan "getting over Ahsoka". As the season progresses they should be shown distancing themselves more from her memory (and Rexs) by getting tied up with more and more war issues.

20% of the season should be used tying up Maul and Palpatine. I know a lot of fans are in favor of EVERYONE dying (Rex, Ahsoka, Maul). I'm somewhere in the Maul dies camp because since he's not mentioned in ROTS and he was such a villain, I don't think he can wander the Galaxy unchecked post TCW/ROTS.

10% Should be used setting the foundation of Ahsoka finding her NEW way and setting her up for a series (or at least EU) beyond TCW/ROTS.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  13. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Next season will show mauldalore beeing invaded from clonetroopers, eliminating potencial military enemy for the new empire.

It will show maybe a trade between Republic and Confederacy. About Poggle the lesser and the rest of the CIS Leaders.

Next Season will show growing differences and misstrust between Tyrannus and Sidious. Maybe Tyrannus will try to deceive his master like the good Sith Lord he is.

Next Season will show starting of the construction of the Death Star.

Next Season will show single Clones beginning to officially rebell against their jedi generals because of incompetence.

next season will show how catastrophic the war is for the CIS worlds economies. They will have to attack coruscant in despair because they cant afford this war any longer.

next season will show desperate jedi council trying to hold up against a rising imperial front inside of the senate and republic army.

and way moar..

phatdude1138 likes this.
  14. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I'm firmly standing in the camp that TCW should NOT end with the opening crawl like the micro series did. It needs to last until the END of THE CLONE WARS...Order 66, mission to mustafar. And if they do choose to go that route, then there is a LOT more story to tell. IMO, the events of ROTS deserve at least 300 minutes. ROTS was about 120 and I felt that because of that, the film failed to capitalize on the enormity of the characters' changes with such a limited timespan. Here we have an entire government and hundreds of characters in TCW who will be present for these epic changes in the GFFA and there needs to be time to flush out how they're feeling, what they're doing...how it impacts more than just Palpatine and Anakin (which is how I see the ROTS film. Sure we see snippets of other characters but I just feel that ROTS - as good of a story as it was - failed in character portrayal because they had to rush through everything in 120 minutes.

TCW has a bigger cast with plenty of characters who are not featured in ROTS and I think the best thing to do is to give the more important characters well-written and well-executed arcs during this huge change in the galaxy. With each episode being around 20 minutes and a well-told character arc (like Ahsoka's) takes about 3-4 episodes...theres about 4 or 5 characters that I really want to see experience the end of the war...that brings you to around 300 hours or anywhere from 15-20 episodes....TCW needs to devote one full season to the events which take place offscreen during ROTS, IMO.

EDIT: Just wanted to add this - I think Season 6 should focus around Obi-wan and Anakin's relationship becoming more chummy again as Obi fills the void that Anakin now feels...IMO, a TCW take on the events of LOE would be perfect for season 6...then season 7 would focus on the end of the war and Order 66, etc. Two more seasons. thats what i want.

15. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I have to agree and disagree at the same time. I believe TCW should end with the events leading right up until the ROTS. I even like the idea that someone else posted that the final scene of TCW is Anakin and Obi-Wan hopping in their fighters to go and rescue Palpatine. I could image that scene where everything is so chaotic that they actually have a jovial, almost "who cares attitude" as they take off. They've been though so much and it would explain the opening of ROTS where it is just another day in the life of TCW. I also am a fan of using the Labyrinth of Evil story as it had a pretty good story. This way EU isn't bulldozed.

The part I agree on is TCW should continue, just switch names for the following season to like "Darktimes" or "Imperial Wars" or whatever. Then on this show they basically switch to all the characters and places you mention and run parallel with ROTS. This way of course continuity is preserved. Again this is basically just TCW format (maybe a different style intro), just dealing with different situations. This is where all these side stories and characters can shine.

Of course being an Ahsoka supporter, this is where she "breaks out" and starts doing her good deeds, trying to right the wrongs of the galaxy. Meeting up with other characters. ROTS and OT stories and characters should be limited, but for fun they can pass ways in an episode or too.

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    They are apparently working on TCW S6 (and this season was cut 2 eps shorter than usual) which makes me think that it will come back. But stranger, parent-company / network shenanigans have happened. If this is the final episode ever, it's a great ending. Still wondering what happened to Maul and all that and there are ton of threads you can pick up, but if you look at TCW = Ashoka's story then, yeah, game over.

But we're gonna get S6, I just wonder what format it's going to be distributed from.

17. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    I think you guys are expecting too much from this series. All of the greatest stories in this war have sadly already been told in the movies. This is an episodic narrative of the "continuing adventures of the Clone Wars."

It's not going to resolve the wars and it's not going to tell the end of the story of a large majority of the characters involved. It's not going to show major stuff like various Jedi dying or Palpatine going evil or Anakin falling or anything...it can only hint at such things. Only the characters created solely for the show are really going to have any sort of resolution.

In the end, I saw one the creators say "the show started with Ahsoka and will end with her." When her story will end, so will this show and this will likely happen before the Clone Wars end.

18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Before this last arc, I'd have said yes:

1) Clones are not resolved enough. While Krell's arc gave us some indications that clones could be capable of executing the jedi, it's still not enough
    2) Maul's alive and Sidious has other uses for him. This has to be wrapped up first.
    3) Asajj is also running around and not really resolved
    4) Same with Mother Talzin

However, they could not have Ahsoka return and I'd be fine with it. They could also just not return and I'd probably be fine with it. Ahsoka's story pretty much had a perfect ending. If she never returned in the series again, that would be fine as her story is nice and ambiguous at this point. Season 6 will unfortunately have to ruin that ambiguity and show us where Ahsoka is. Worse, I fear she'll eventually return to the Order for the sake of plot convenience. Think of all those game changing shows where a major change is reversed in 4-5 episodes. That's what I see happening with Ahsoka in Season 6.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The 5th season is often where shows aimed at TCW's age group retool.

20. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Retool?

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Change things up, is what I should have said. D'oh. -Smacks own head against wall.-

22. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Those are some high expectations... That I'm sure Filoni cannot live up to. [face_sigh]

23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I so wish this was true, but I Younglings and droid arcs are much more important I guess

24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    That's true and I agree with it, but the problem is there is only a 3 (or 5 if they retcon it) year gap up to RotS, the idea we can do 100 more episodes etc is nonsense and would really take the audience out of the show, but I guess as long as Filnoi can sequeeze that last drop of money out of it who cares right.

As for Ahsoka's fate there are other threads on that, but Filoni has said he want's to keep her alive while Lucas want's to kill her off, personally I am with Lucas with that one but that's another thread.

Like I said earlier as a shelf life I think the show has 2 more seasons max. Anything else should be started over with a different show.

25. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    What I would like to see in the future of TCW is the events of RoTS retold from Ahsoka's point of view - being outside the Jedi Order, and watching Order 66 happen, the Empire being proclaimed, and Vader being revealed to the world from her own vantage point.

But it won't happen. The truth is, Disney is going to dump the prequel-timeline stories so it can focus on the future. There was enough already finished for Season 6 of TCW that we'll see a few more stories released - as likely in some sort of direct-to-video format as on TV - but then it's going to go poof. Whether it's fair or not, Disney sees the prequel era as damaged goods, and won't sink any significant amount of further money into telling its stories. They'll wrap up production on the few TCW stories that are far enough along that it would be more bother to shelve than to finish them, and then that'll be it.

No, I don't have an official source for that. But that's what's going to happen.

The best I can hope for out of that - and I do hope this - is that substantially the same group of people will be kept around to do a new show set in or leading up to the sequel era. If they're going to bring back Harrison, Mark, and Carrie, then the sequels will have to be set 30 years or so after RoTJ, which means there will be a lot to fill in between the OT and the ST. There's a great opportunity to do a series that fills in that gap, and the TCW team would be just the people to do it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.