main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should TCW Come Back?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Narutakikun, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The show should come back if there is reason to bring it back, releasing something just to service the fans is a bad idea and will likely produce a poor product. There is enough material unresolved to do a 6th series, but if Filoni & co had a set plan and have done the stories they want to do and resolved them as they wanted I don't see why they should go any further with it.

rumblewagon likes this.
  2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    LOL!!!!!! How long has disney owned Lucasfilm now? Quite a while....

They recently recorded new episodes according to voice-actor twitter accounts. If Disney was planning for them to "wrap up production for the few TCW stories that are far enough along that it would be more bother to shelve than to finish them" then why did the voice-actors record dialogue for new episodes just recently which is practically the first thing they do prior to animating?

You are very wrong on your assertions.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Pablo had confirmed that there were definitely more Clone Wars stories, but that where (presumably hinting that it won't be CN) and WHEN have yet to be revealed. The WHERE has been something we've been speculating on, in regards to a possible move to Disney XD. The WHEN however could be in reference to a different time slot, or might mean that Season 6 might be postponed.

4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Correct, they have the unresolved issues of Maul, Barriss, and Bo-Katan. I could watch an entire season on Bo-Katan although that may be too much of a good thing.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  5. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    First, Disney knew about the buyout long before we did, and so has had more time to make its plans. Second, they're a big Hollywood megacorporation - they make big decisions, and do it in a timely manner.

How specific did they get about what they were recording? Not very, would be my guess. For all I know, they could be re-recording some dialog as part of the process of editing some episodes together as movies for a DVD release.

Or it could just mean that we'll get those last few stories on a direct-to-video release. Both Filoni and Uncle Pablo have been saying similar things, and their statements have had lots of weasel words in them. "More" Clone Wars stories? How much more? A lot? Not a lot? Released in some form? How? On broadcast TV? On Blu-ray? On iTunes? On the website? It's already March. I think if they had a bunch of good news to tell us, they would have. Their inspecificness bodes ill. I have a bad feeling about this.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I agree with every sentence of this post.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Star Wars is too big a brand to simply shelve huge finished chunks of it, esp. considering they have some S6 stuff and that fancy animation studio kicking around. It'll get released, somehow, somewhere, but I'm guessing a bit of a gap. Maybe early 2014.

8. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    One last thought before I turn in for the night.

Let's setup a completely fictional "real life" situation for Dave Filoni. Lets say Uncle George says "Dave, you have complete creative control over TCW, do whatever". Disney says "Dave, make TCW go as long as you want, we'll put it on a network for as LONG as you want". Lastly Ashley meets with Dave and says "I really want to be Ashoka still because she's an inspirational character to young girls and boys alike" (and Dave agrees).

So now what does he do?! He still has to EVENTUALY end TCW. We know he's going in that direction anyway. I mean even the clones eventually switched over their helmets to ROTS versions. If we assume the timeline is AT BEST 12 more months from the events of ROTS, can he do 5 more seasons?!?! There is point where it has to end even in this perfect situation I just fabricated.

Sadly I think they are going to tie up any arcs, kill off Rex and Wolfee, then end it. I think Ahsoka may make a very limited appearances (if any), but she'll live.

The real question is "life after TCW?", I don't mean us, I mean Dave. Does he hit the road packing? OR Does he reinvent another SW animated show? I don't even know if that's his decision to make?

I wonder if as fans we have any say? Can we flood Disney and Lucasfilm with letters explaining we want more "animated SW series" based off of the characters in TCW? YES! And why not? I just think first we should unite in what we really want (no details) just yes or no, we want more "animated series" past TCW. Again we can't nitpic on character or plot details, but we can give a firm "we want" more answer. That is, if we really do..

BW2 likes this.
  9. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I don't understand half of your posts, I'll be frank.

BW2 and ImNotAStarWarsFanboy like this.
  11. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Thats better so.

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Serious question: is English your first language?

13. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Thats a bit personel question. i refuse to answer it here because of privacy. but i can say i am not using english in my daily life. so i appologize for maybe gramatical mumbo jumbo sometimes. Please ignore that and just answer "Yes, we understand you, good buoy."

That would be nice. I think you people are a nice and warm comunity. [:D][face_love]

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  14. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    What?

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Okay well that makes sense, thanks.

BW2 likes this.
  16. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Please Filoni more of Bo-Katan!!

Mia Mesharad, rumblewagon and Nubbs like this.
  17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    TCW better come back. I can't live off VII spoilers alone until 2015.

18. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Can you imagine TCW gone and instead we just have detours until 2015?

HORROR.

19. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I wonder if they can tie her story to Spar and the Mandalorian Protectors. That would be awesome to see onscreen.

20. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    While I think this was a nice way to conclude Ahsoka's story without tragedy and meld it into Revenge of the Sith and leaving us figuring she was absent because she walked away, the whole show doesn't yet feel close enough to ROTS. I'm not much of a Revenge of the Sith fan and felt Anakin's dark moodiness should have been at the beginning (war weary and more domineering in a bit of a take-no-prisoners way), and that would perfectly follow a disappointed Anakin who lost his padawan because of Jedi distrust and politics.
    Still, the show has an opportunity to divert in so many ways. There's no way they would drop Ahsoka, so it could show her doing other things without being a Jedi--what does a Jedi with Jedi abilities do after leaving the Order, especially a padawan youngling? How does the Jedi Council treat this? Anyway, there are some other aspects I would like to see explored, like maybe Anakin and Padme discussing the future of their relationship and having children, leading into the discomfort of Anakin when Padme told him her condition in RotS.
    However, again, as much as I like Filoni and what these guys can do, I hope some Star Warsy awesomeness is preserved for the upcoming movies and not all dumped into the show. Heck, maybe Lucas is ready to step away from the show too now.

21. DARTH_small_paw

DARTH_small_paw Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    In the latest episode of Rebel Force Radio Jimmy Mac makes reference to his sources reporting a work on seasons 6 and 7. Personally I think the more the better. As TCW goes on it just keeps fleshing out the prequel trilogy and adding much needed depth to the characters and situations. I would even like to see TCW extend thought ROTS and beyond.

phatdude1138 likes this.
  22. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    His exact quote was:
    "I happen to know that work has been going forward on both Season 7 and Season 8. Could we maybe even combine Season 7 and Season 8 and make it an hour long show?"

I agree 100% that it should continue on past TCW and ROTS.

23. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Are they seriously contemplating combining seasons 7 and 8 or was the question merely asked in jest? It would be great, although unlikely, to have an hour long show. The more the merrier!

24. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    No, that was just Jimmy Macs idea :( But I would dig that (and maybe a better time slot)

25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    It's still so surreal to me that they did work three seasons ahead and won't confirm that there will even be a 6th Season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.