main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should TCW Come Back?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Narutakikun, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I just don't think they contractually say. "Seasons" are based off of "broadcast" seasons. If they have no place to broadcast, they technically can't call them "seasons" per say.

2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I though this thread was 'should TCW come back?', not 'will TCW come back?'.
    I've seen little to compel me to believe the show should return.

3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I've seen little to compel me that it shouldn't. ;)

Sgt Crowfield and QuangoFett like this.
  4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Furthermore, they've only made it through a few of the production run of Season 5... "the Wrong Jedi" was only the 11th episode produced for what they call the production run of Season 5. Of course the production run has always been way off from the broadcast run since it has something like 26 episodes each. They've been off ever since Season 2.

Question is, are the 7th and 8th seasons that Jimmy Mac mentioned referring to the broadcast run or the production run of those seasons? If its production, we could be talking 9 or 10 seasons! :confused:

5. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    -Waste of resources that could and should be spent on the ST
    -Increasingly poor, ill-conceived, ridculous and irrelevant plotlines
    -Lack of any good writers
    -Retreading of an era which was entered a decade ago, without end

6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Oh yes, we can't forget about those ridiculous and irrelevant plotlines. How dare they try to make this show interesting! How dare they attempt to give character development! How dare they, those incompetent fools attempt to show subtle changes in the nature of the Republic and the gradual shift towards imperialism, instead of just focusing on background characters no one really cares about besides a handful of EU readers! What is wrong with these idiots! :)

7. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Emphasis on the try here.

And seriously, background characters > Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan. The big three is over exposed, I'm not alone in that belief.
    Have you given serious thought to the idea that the show isn't what it used to be, isn't good anymore?

8. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Because I'd rather have ZERO new anything of Star Wars for 2 and a half years. And then those 2 hours of EP7 will hold me over for another 3 years.

Actually you know what was really fun!? Was having two Ewok movies between 1984 and 1985. Then we had the Droids and Ewoks cartoons up until the end of 1986. Wait for it, here is the REAL fun, we had NOTHING between 1987to 1997. A decade without Star Wars. Let me tell you those times were a real blast. I loved them.

Oh wait, that totally sucked!!! I lived in that era and it totally sucked. Like they say, you don't know what you are missing until it's gone. I've grown used to seeing Star Wars everywhere, knowing there is games, toys, 22+ half hour shows during the year. I'm sorry, I'm not going to be content with 3 year spans with NOTHING waiting for a 2 hour film.

Once you give something to the "people" it's hard to take it away from them...

9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I find that so many people want quantity and not quality in this thread disturbing.

10. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Why not both? ;)

QuangoFett likes this.
  11. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I take it you've never heard of the EU?

12. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    You mean the 37 Star Wars books on my shelves? I may have seen them once or twice.

But we all know EU is second when it comes to Lucasfilm creations. Since 2008 we've been getting a steady stream of visual media from them. I think that should be the norm along with EU being created. I understand peoples frustrations with EU being "steamrolled", I suffered it a few times, but in the end I prefer the media. Why? Because it can be enjoyed with friends all together at the same time. There's nothing like seeing an episode of TCW with the Star Warsy music, lightsaber duels, blasters, what armor troopers. All shared with friends once a week.

Star Wars was born a special effects "film", not a novel. Visuals, sounds AND story is in it's blood and should be kept that way. Preferably more than just every 3 years.

13. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    EDIT: Removed per user request.

Seerow likes this.
  14. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    EDIT per user request: disregard.

15. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    I think it should end with season 5, but I would hope we get a new cartoon on the Disney channel. I would of liked TCW a lot more if it were set in a different era with new characters, maybe between 1000 BBY and 32 BBY. I know the changes that have impacted the EU maybe be small for some, but it still bothers me how unnecessary they were. Then above all for me I thought it poorly told the story of the Clone Wars thus far, in my opinion they completely dropped the ball in displaying what I envisioned a epic conflict like the Clone Wars should be.

I freely admit it had some good moments, but I think its time for something completely new.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  16. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    After watching d-squad again....i must say i would be ok, if it ends here. practically it would be perfect for me. I hope Disney cans this.

Otherwise without Ahsoka, there is propably more d(umb)-sqaud awaiting us in season 6.

17. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    So far, I haven't heard a single ST rumor or fact that piqued my interest. Might be another TPM as far as I'm concerned, so I'd rather have it the other way around and make them use all the ST resources to continue TCW instead.

KenobiSkywalker and Seerow like this.
  18. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    No I don't want it to come back. I would MUCH rather have the Live Action series. If I can't have that, I would rather not have this ridiulous show which is so obviously non cannon it isn't even funny. Note, I do not mean to troll or ruin anyone's parade; it is BECAUSE I am a SW fan and like the movies and mythology a lot that I loathe this show. A couple of episodes are entertaining true, and I only watched those after reading reviews. I watched the Maul eps with a morbid fascination, like one watches a gruesome train crash. But I would much rather this show had never existed. It treads all over the movies, the real and only cannon.

I refuse to believe something as utterly ridiculous as the Mortis place, with it's shape shifting into gargoyles and whatever they want 'son' and 'daughter' exist. These so called higher beings that surpass Darth Sidious and Yoda in the power of the Force. I refuse to believe in Talzin and her ridiculous magicks and teleportation and constructing objects from scrap metal.

Now, if they intended some nobler purpose like using the revenue and popularity of this show to kickstart the Live Action show I could get behind it, but they are not. This show just doesn't generate that kind of money.

I can only hope Disney cancels this and focuses not only on the ST, but a live action series set in the Dark Times where we can sometimes see the PT cast.

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    short version, I want the show to come back, in either on TV format or a direct arc-by-arc DVD release or whatever, but the story needs to be wrapped up. Sith needs to fit the fan. If the come back and they still don't reach the events of Sith, the emotional payoff of pretty much all that was set up, I would be disappointed.

Then I would love for the same animation team to continue and make a series that takes place between Ep. 6 - Ep. 7. Give that one more of a deadline, skip ahead a few years every season. Give that about a 100 episode run. By that point the ST would be wrapping up and then who knows what the animation could go to.

I want to see more of Star Wars animation from Lucasfilm. But simply just making Clone Wars forever I think would be a waste of potential. I dig the show but I dig endings more.

20. TheMandalorian115

TheMandalorian115 Jedi Padawan

Mar 7, 2013
    Yes, I want to see Ahsoka die already.

GGrievous likes this.
  21. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    The live-action series probably isn't going to happen.

When it's TCW vs. the EU in the "What is canon?" category, TCW wins. In fact, the only thing higher than it in canon are the theatrical cuts of the six films.

What I'd really like to see, to be quite honest, would be the live-action series scripts given to Filoni to do as a TCW-style CGI series. Each one-hour episode could be broken down into two half-hour parts the way the 60s Batman TV series was. But as much as I'd like to see it, I doubt it will ever happen. My guess is that those scripts are going to gather dust on a shelf in the set for Mr. Gold's pawn shop for the foreseeable future.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  22. TheMandalorian115

TheMandalorian115 Jedi Padawan

Mar 7, 2013
    How dare you say such things?

23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I personally don't think there is much to the rumors that ABC will pick up the Live Action show. I think the rumors that Disney was gonna grab Hasbro as well have more truth to them. Thing is, what will replace TCW will almost certainly be a spiritual successor by Disney Toon Studios somewhere between an action show and the crack baby junk that dominated American television on these for kids cable networks. I suspect it would be inferior all around. Nah, don't throw the 2D Genndy series up to me, that's insulting to the Microseries which is no crack baby cartoon. And you guys know the ST gonna cannon the canon on another level from TCW. Get used to recons, alternate universes, and the word of god giving telling you how it fits.

QuangoFett and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  24. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Cute.

25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Needs more Katie Lucas dialogue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.