main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Should the male skywalker line ever die out?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Gerdschroder, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
    Never said they mean nothing, but the Y is unique. Theoretically Leia's kids could have nothing of Anakin in them, or close to it. A son is guaranteed to always have something.

Gerdschroder likes this.
  2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Bringing real world science to such an extent in a space fantasy is not really necessary, in my view. I don't really think any brainstorm session about character personalities in the ST revolves around chromosomes.

Pro Scoundrel and Bob Octa like this.
  3. Gerdschroder

Gerdschroder Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2014
    Same goes for mtDNA which applies to women and their daughters. So best case scenario: Luke has sons and Leia daughters (and a couple of sons, so Han Solo is also covered ;) ). But I also think the first priority should be that Luke has at least one son to pass on the male Skywalker gene.

4. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    After these next three movies I want them to be done with the era and all the characters within EPS 1-9

I have no desire to see Luke/Leia's kids..kids...kids battling more an more contrived plot scenarios just so they can use those characters as a crutch

One of my favorite things about the Star Wars movies as is right now(1-6) is that these battles have huge stakes and long lasting consequences.........well when you keep tacking on more needless stories just to include Luke/Leia's kids.......those consequences or victories get cheapened.

It starts to become a running joke like how in comic books, they try an make a big deal about so and so dying, only to see em brought right back to life by crazier and crazier methods so that they can milk those characters names some more.

5. Bob Octa

Bob Octa Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2013
    For the record, sons also inherit their mitochondrial DNA from their mothers, and daughters inherit their second X chromo from their father.

Regardless, I don't see the why this is so important. I love Luke, the character, but I'm not emotionally invested in the legacy of his last name or who got which chromosome from whom.

6. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
  7. Gerdschroder

Gerdschroder Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2014
    I don't think they will revive Luke if he dies. He may appear s a Force ghost though. Having Luke have a son is not very crazy. Also Anakin was practically the son of the Force which should count for something, so his descendants being bigshots as well is pretty reasonable.

8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    i reckon about obi five kenobis

Gerdschroder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.