main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should The Phantom Menace have been a prologue, not Episode I?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by The Gatherer, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyRatt

FuzzyRatt Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2003
    Tarkin is truely one of the best SW Villians out there.

One I over look sometimes with all the force using villians in SW. In truth only Vader and The Emperor were more dangeress.

Tarkin didn't listen to good advice. 8-}

2. Lukecash

Lukecash Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Loco For Lucas

I believe, that Padme line, in refering to Obi-wans capture, was -"He's your friend." She isn't pointing out HER relationship with obi-wan that is important to , it is Anakin and Obi-wans.

Her motivation for going was actually very simple. Her love for Anakin. She has just seen Anakin suffer greatly because he did not head the call of a dying mother. Anakins reaction, killing the Tusken and his eventual terrible guilt at his actions were wreaking havoc with him. Another terrible blow, like loosing a man who was "Like a father to me". Of course, the importance of his mother was established in TPM.

Also, TPM provided Anakin with his two losses. One-He looses contact with a loving mother. Two-Qui-Gon, the only man who belived in him unconditionally. Obi-wan, Yoda and the rest of the Jedi Council had their doubts. It provided a reason of why Anakin latched onto Padme. She was the one who looked after him as well.

The Phantom Menance provides us with a look at the glory of the Old Republic as the sun set on her alloted time. (Something that was symbolically portayed as the night grew just previous to The Council first rejection of Anakin) It shows on how something like the Republic and democracy can be handed over to a Emperor. It provides a blueprint of how the Sith overcame such mighty warriors as the Jedi.

There are FAR too many moments in AOTC that would NOT have the same emotional effect- had Lucas not introduced them in TPM. He did not, re-introduced ANYONE in AOTC- everyone walked on with there scenes without an explination of who they were.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.