main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should the Sith return?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lonewolf89, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinje_Gawa

Sinje_Gawa Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2001
    Wow... I was all prepared to make a response when there was this divergence in the Force. Now we're talking about Luke and Kyp. What was the question again?

Oh, should the Sith return? Well, I think that the Sith are always going to be a part of Jedi history and they should always be taken into consideration by the Jedi. A new Sith order would be a little repetitive though... an occasional failed resurgence of the Sith or a reminder of what the Sith are to keep the Jedi mindful of the true will of the Force is welcome, but not a full-on return of the Sith.

On the sideboard debate of Luke and Kyp... what's the point? That's like debating who was the biggest trouble maker - Lucy Ricardo or Ethel Mertz? Put them together and nothing good will come of it. In the words of Ricky Ricardo, they've both got a lot of 'esplainin' to do'. I just keep hoping a real Jedi will come along to play the part of Ricky. I'm getting a little sick of the Jedi equivalent of Lucy in the chocolate factory... cranking up the controls and hoping if she can eat enough chocolates, no one will notice how much she screwed up. That's Luke, that's Kyp. Luke Skywalker and Kyp Durron have about as much to do with actual Jedi ethics as the Exxon Valdez had to do with the cause of environmentalism... they both show that there's a lot of hard work to be done before things can be set right. They're both screw-ups.

2. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    I have no access to Gamer, bar mail orders. If someone could give me a basic overview...?

Personally, I'd be more than happy to see the Sith return, with Lumiya & Maarek being the master & apprentice, some details on the Sith Knights (See Galactic Battlegrounds.), possibly a Shadow Academy of some sort, Pellaeon Grand Admiral of the fleet, some sort of Chiss involvment, Korriban, & an eclipse star destroyer. But that's just me.

:D

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'd more interested to see the New Jedi attempting to remove the baneful influence of the ancient Sith:

These guys after all: Created Exar Kun, who caused havoc for Luke; aided Palpatine in Dark Empire and corrupted the Jensaauri, never mind a load of other stuff we probably don't know about.

I'd love to see Luke lead a trip to Korriban to confront the Dark Lords in their mausoleum.

Jedi Ben

4. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    Yup.

Another think that would look good in a comic TPB would be a large mass of Jedi & Sith clashing together. Like, not three on four & two Darkside Adepts getting shot up by a floating lump of metal, but a few dozen on each side just smashing into each other.

5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ain't that been done though Terranix in J v S?

A shoddy comic with so-so art and a title out of the WWF!

It'd be intriging to see Luke and co attempt to fight and defeat a group of Sith Lords who have been dead for millenia, whose spirits remain malevolently active and who, in their day, ruled for centuries.

This is perhaps a darkness beyond that of the Emperor and the Vong, for it ruled for ages and those rulers still endure.

Jedi Ben

6. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    This is why I left J v S out of the equation. It hardly counted. Pfft. The art was nearly as thrown-together as the ''photographic realism'' of Teranishi (I'm sorry, but Union was a crap story with crap art. I think I like it even LESS than Vader's ''Quest''.). But that's just my opinion. I did enjoy it though, being a part of the continuin Sith War thingy.

As to the Dark Lords, yeah, creepy, but I've heard it said that Palapatine was a convergance of the Dark Side itself, making him a demon, pretty much.

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yep, DE proposed that idea, Palpatine as a SW Satan, evil incarnate.

Yet, also in DE, Palpatine visits the dark lords on Korriban (it was the one good bit in the stinker that was Empire's End) and they seem quite dismissive of his 20 year domination of the galaxy, which could well be explored further. Why were they so contemptous of Palpatine? Unless they had done much worse?

Jedi Ben

8. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    So, what about this Vong-Lumiya confrontation? Overview, please?

9. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    2 vong "hero characters" enter a base in the imperial sector, to destroy the cache of pollen there. After having set the destruction of the labs, Lumiya entered to take some pollen for her own use for some as yet unknown diobolical scheme. They have a confrontation, and somehow escape her wrath. They escape to there ships and had to fight there way past a fleet blocking there way. There outcome is unknown.

10. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Elite_Guard...
    "a dangerous road is driving through the East St. Louis, IL projects at midnight without a shotgun in hte glove compartment..."

Yeah, but there's also a some good str... errrr... gent... errr... entertainment facilities around East St. Louis. :)

RNolan,
    It's impossible to "reintigrate" Marvel when they've never not been a part of things. :)

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    marvel has always been a part of WEG(In alot of small ways scattered throughout the books).

12. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    To clarify, what's her current status as far as the Empire is concerned?

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Well she was infiltrating a imperial lab complex. She "may be" roguing right now, in deep hiding.

14. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Yeah, it's unknown. But then again, for true Sith Lords, a government - even one at a galactic scale like the Empire - has always been merely a tool to achieve an end. So, it's of little significance if she's working with/for/over the Empire, since the Empire is insignificant to the power a Dark Lord of the Sith has at their disposal.

15. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    Well sure, Vader might've said that, but he bottled out on Jazbina when he was the one faced with a planet.

But yeah, the civilisations the Sith hold in their thrall do tend to be means to an end. Still, I'd sooner see her ruling the Empire than some obscure cult.

Whilst we're on the subject, what's the word been on the Prophets of the Darside? The real ones, I mean. To be honest, I know nothing whatsoever about them, other than a comment made by Valiento when I was asking about Maarek Stele.

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Still in hiding.

Maarek as I may of mentioned is still working for the empire though, most likely in command of the 181st.(but we did see him with couple of wingman, and issuing orders to another ship flying through an area of imperial space.)

17. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Yeah, I know Abel said that the future's open with Maarek and that whole confusion with "SA."

But, I certainly hope they don't go the "Sith Acolyte" route as opposed to the "Starfighter Ace" route.

I just never saw Maarek as a Sith (although I recognize the whole Secret Order involvement is a strong case for it), and I'm glad Abel didn't either, as he confirmed he intended the "SA" abbreviation to be Starfighter Ace, not Sith Acolyte.

But, who knows what the future brings.

18. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    What about the word on the False Prophets?

If I remember correctly, the Supreme Prophet, High Prophet Jedgar & some other Prophet with a mechanical implant in his eye & a name beggining with ''g'' were still trapped in the Lost City of the Jedi at the end of the Trioculus saga.

19. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    died down there without life support, which they blew up.

20. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    Silly them. Where is this ''chronicled''?

21. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    Whilst I'm asking off topic, in fact, what's the status of the Inquisition?

22. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Where is it chronicled? In the last book of GODV of course.

The prophet's stormtroopers blew up the life support.

And Heroes blew up the escape tube.

23. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    Ah. That's reading between the lines a bit, though. SPIN seemed to think they were alive.

24. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes, they would still be alive for awhile.

But without life support, which they blew up they would run out of air given time.

25. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    & the Inquisition?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.