main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should the TCW intro be changed?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    You know, the whole quote of the day, and then that lame music and the title, "Star Wars the Clone Wars". Then we get a wannabe WW2 narrator who imo is annoying. Then the episode starts.

Do you think the TCW should be changed, or stay the way it is?

2. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    It should absolutely be changed IMO, but it's kind of late now.

Togruta likes this.
  3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It will be five seasons and a movie at the start of October so I think the boat has sailed on that one.

I do agree that maybe a normal recap or "previously" or "On the Clone Wars" segment at the start of an episode would be better. I like the fortune cookies and the music even if not as good as the original, has grown on me. It has to after 5 years of TCW...

4. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    That intro music IS indeed horrible.

5. Drewton

Jan 8, 2009
    And the narration is so cringeworthy, it always makes me think "why am I watching this again?".

Humble_Jedi likes this.
  6. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah the newsreel is just loltastic most of the time.

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Back at the start I thought the intro was ok, but I also kind of figured that it would be dropped for the more serious episodes so as not to detract from the tone being established. For the more light hearted adventures, I don't mind. But like when Rex is contemplating treason and the narrator chimes in with his upbeat summary, it's just stupid IMO.

JediMaster_1977 and Drewton like this.
  8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    If the intro is what bugs you most about TCW, you haven't been paying enough attention

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I love the intro and the music of it too

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  10. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Me too

Alexrd and Darth Vader like this.
  11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This. I feel it suits some episodes moreso than others. Case in point, it seemed really out of place in the Mortis and Umbara arcs. It just felt... phony somehow.

12. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I like it as it is. It's different, yet similar, which is what the show is. I also like the use of the blue "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...." text for the "fortune cookie", as some have called it. Recaps are annoying when watching several episodes at a time, and usually unnecessary because the show doesn't always relate with the previous episode.

13. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Changing it would be unnecessary.

Alexrd likes this.
  14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It should stay as it is. It's not only good, but it's also the trademark of the show, much like the Star Wars logo and opening crawl are the trademark of the movies.

Darth Vader and LordMortis315 like this.
  15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The TCW logo, music and "fortune cookie" do not bother me. The narrator however does, especially on certain episodes where it makes things feel 'phony' as Barriss_Coffee put it.

It ruins the tone of the more serious episodes and just does not make sense for others. Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Anakin can't wrap their heads around much that is happening in the Mortis arc, yet perky, annoying, WWII-style narrator knows.

If they must do a recap, then even if it were set up in the format of Anakin or Obi-Wan recounting events in a debrief or log entry format, it would preserve the tone better than a WWII style reel that is too upbeat for the slower, darker, or less action packed episodes.

I don't see it as a trademark. And even if it were, keeping something annoying/a poor choice (IMO) shouldn't remain out of a sense of "tradition" it should be kept because it works - and IMO the reel does not (or at least not for certain episodes).

Heero_Yuy and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  16. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I wouldn't be opposed to the fortune cookie if it wasn't so bad most of the time.

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    They just ran out of the clichés and now they have to come up with their own.

18. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011

19. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    ^ So much better.

20. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I've wanted it to change, maybe just have characters narrating what happened "previously on Star Wars: The Clone Wars.." or just showing clips of past episodes for the audience to catch up if necessary.. but I agree, it's way too late now.

21. Drewton

Jan 8, 2009
    THAT is how you do it.

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think it would be neat if TCW switch to a "cold open". That means they do a little tease at the beginning of the episode before jumping into the title sequence.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    They actually said they would do this originally. Too bad they didn't follow through.

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Amen! That is a great way to start...

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm kinda 50/50 on this topic. I love the crawling TCW logo, and I love how they use a little bit of John Williams since they almost NEVER do in the show, but I also feel the format could be better. I don't mind the pulp announcer at all since that's my thing, but even I think it feels awkward and way out of place for arcs like Umbara and Mortis that are really serious. And I like crawls. So I say, go back to the real JW opening instead of KK's remix, then after the logo crawl have the prologue for the story as a crawl after the logo instead of being spoken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.