main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should the TCW intro be changed?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes i like the synthetic SW theme, it fits, and sounds so similar to Movies theme of it :p

2. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Not similar enough...

3. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    Really, the intro would be infinitely improved if they replaced Tom Kane with another narrator. I understand that it's supposed to be throwback to WWII newsreels, but the end result is so damn hammy.

Drewton likes this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I like it, the very start of it has kinda a thud which is awesome with a good sound system. It builds my excitement for the episode I'm watching. Gets the job done for a title sequence.

5. Drewton

Jan 8, 2009
    I hear Filoni wants to change the opening narration, to excerpts of Ahsoka's diary.

6. Convor

Feb 25, 2011
    That would honestly be an improvement over Kane.

QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    And it will put a big smile on Filoni's face.

It absolutely does not even resemble John Williams' SW theme and it's like when a different composer tries but fails. In the temp board, I know that one guy and I discussed about if the theme is synthetic or not, and to me it sounds completely synthetic. I cannot even hear a single "organic" instrument in the theme.

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol, they should have Ashley do it Gargoyles style

"A long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Superstition and the lightsaber ruled. It was an age of war, it was a Galaxy divided... it was the age of clones! All is one and one is all. They betrayed the Jedi they had sworn to serve..."

Togruta likes this.
  9. Convor

Feb 25, 2011
    I think this is worth reposting (from the blu-ray.com review):

"Several times throughout Clone Wars, listeners will hear several familiar refrains, but the music has been subtly altered, the result an eye-rolling experience akin to, say, a singer taking the National Anthem and completely butchering the intended melody. The foundation is there, the nuances are not. It's not a bad score at all, really. It simply sounds out of place."

GGrievous likes this.
  10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

11. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    LOL Seerow

I don't mind the opening music and crawl.. Looks and sounds Star Warsy enough to me, and it lasts what.. 4 seconds? It's the narration stuff I'm not crazy about..

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I envy you. I always try to see the best, even in the episodes I hate, but there are still some episodes I hate.

You feel sorry that someone enjoys watching a television show? Peculiar...

Wow... Is that really called for, dude? Just when I start to have a less pessimistic view of this place... Would you like it if I asked you if you were brainless every time you said something I disagreed with? If mods don't cut this stuff off before it begins, they better prepare for this place to get really heated, really quick, it's inevitable.

QuangoFett likes this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think a better approach to the narration regarding episode arcs would be to include it in the first episode of the arc, then nix it for the remaining episodes. Think how better the Umbara arc would have been if they had done this instead.

Or, they could emulate the micro-series and do a "previously" segment, then the title card, with no narration, or narration during the "previously" segment. As for the fortune cookies, they can lose them for all I care.

And don't worry, Darth Vader, I liked about a full 3/4 of S4. That other 1/4, though- [face_sick]

14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Maybe I should stop sharing my own thoughts and opinions then? ;)

You really took my comment too seriously. [face_laugh] Never did I intend the comment to be harsh, but it seems that you saw it as that. It was a simple question.

And thanks for sharing about how you felt about my opinions.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Would you like me to stop speaking mine? ;) You draw the line in a most convenient place when it comes to that idea.

And it was a simple question, if you wouldn't take exception to me saying that to you without an emoticon to show it's a joke, that's good to know.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Are you guys having two separate arguments in two separate threads? I think it's time for some PMs, or coffee. [face_coffee]

17. Drewton

Jan 8, 2009
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    We're not allowed to PM, mod's rules. And I don't drink coffee. I just think there should be a minimum of civility here, and the TOS are supposed to ensure that.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    This thread has derailed a few times and it seems to be getting worse so this discussion seems to have gotten all the use we'll get out of it. If this thread derails again, its getting locked. Lets reframe from making comments the that insinuate the folks who watch and enjoy TCW are brainless. Thank you.

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I have a better meme for that. :p

Dark Lord Tarkas Well you could ignore my posts. You did take that comment seriously. As for the TCW intro, you were the guy I was referring to IIRC. No, I won't continue the discussion here. You know that you and I didn't agree with "TCW's intro is synthetic."

21. Dave Failoni

Dave Failoni Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2012
    EDIT: Good try.

22. Convor

Feb 25, 2011
    Ho boy.

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I love how The Clone Wars film actually has "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." before the logo, even if they just tweaked the show intro to have that before the logo and stop having the "fortune cookie" after it I think that would be a step in the right direction.

24. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I can easily separate the so-called "hammy" aspect of Tom Kane's narration from the seriousness of an episode. It's not like it continues throughout the show, and it is STAR WARS. We still might get goofy-sounding Battle Droids. No matter how serious an episode, I still see it as an amusing cartoon that looks neat.

25. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Why would they change it? That would cost money that is better spent on character models that get used once and then dumped into the recycle bin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.