main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should there be a challenge against Anakin and Padme's marriage?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    And how was that love developed? Lucas didn't do a good job on it. Why can't he grow feeling for other women? It's not something you can control, only suppress it.

2. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Right - normal people have several relationships. But Anakin is not normal. He has a love that he destroyed a galaxy for. Most people won't and can't cause the death of millions for their wives. Anakin did. And to him, it was worth it.

Something that is undermined if he likes others besides Padme.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Welcome to the thread. Enjoy your stay.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I really should give up here but it's a bloody train wreck.

Again, what?

thesevegetables likes this.
  5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Siri_Tachi

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cerasi

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taria_Damsin

Not enough for Obi Wan? Especially Siri. Do you really think Satine wouldn't mind of these?

Well Anakin has what Obi Wan once had, passion of a young jedi, which attracted Satine at that time. Also he was willing to give up the Jedi way for his love.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    What do Obi-Wan's past romances have to do with whether Anakin would fall for Satine?

7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    That gives Satine a reason to leave him.

Satine share some similarity of Padme and she is also quite charismatic.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Satine leaves Obi-Wan for Anakin?

:oops::oops:

Okie day. If that's what makes you happy.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  9. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Are you going to leave someone because you are not their first boyfriend/girlfriend?
    UM, THAT REASON SUCKS? "I can't be with A because they had a boyfriend/girlfriend in the past who was confident and good looking like me?" Um, no.

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It's not normal people have several relationships, great love stories usually take challenge to show how great it is. Anakin's love story is not well written, it really needs more twists to further develop.

Like I said which one is better ?

"I only met one great girl who was attracted to me, the rest are either not close or don't care of me, then I married her."

OR

"I met several good girls and they admire me, but after struggle and struggle, I chose to be loyal to my wife."

11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Of course, you think Satine should still dream of their love could have a good end rather than totally end the relationship when there were so many romance of Obi Wan after he left her?

12. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Satine does not know that Obi-Wan will find people after her. Obi-Wan doesn't know. They can't see into the future.

13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Satine didn't develop relationship with others, why can't Obi Wan do the same?

And Obi Wan met Siri before he met Satine, the relationship with Taria happened in 21 BBY, after he met Satine again. You think that's good?

Anakin is younger, more passionate and take love more seriously, why not?

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Sure, why not?

I'm not even bothering with that one, assuming you've watched the movies.

But again, if it makes you happy to write Anakin/Satine fan fic, go for it. I've seen stranger pairings in fan fic.

15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Really? If a girl said she had feeling of you but at the same time she was having romantic relationship with 3-4 men. Will you still continue the relationship?

If that is acceptable for Obi Wan, I don't see any problem of Anakin.

I already wrote one actually.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If a guy said he had feelings for me and we were in that situation, I would evaluate what I wanted from the relationship and then decide. If I were looking for a monogamous relationship at the time, then no. If not, then again...sure, why not?

Beside the point though, as I don't think Obi-Wan was doing Satine and several other women at the same time. At the time of ROTS, he was 38 years old. That's time to have had relationships with multiple women.

As far as Obi-Wan and Anakin...Anakin was married, and thus had made a promise not to do any other women. Obi-Wan was not.

But again, beside the point.

But as I said, if, for whatever reason I still can't fathom (and probably won't, don't bother trying), it makes you happy to write Anakin/Satine, go for it.

17. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    And he was having not super involved, serious relationships, right? No way on Anakin and Padme's level, maybe more like Qui-Gon and Tahl's level.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't think Satine would approve it, she didn't develop any relationship with other men that means she thought it's wrong to do so. Nor would most of the independent women similar to Satine approve such thing.

Not just marriage, boyfriend/girlfriend relationship pretty much ensured you should not touch other boys/girls.

Even if Obi Wan could have 3-4 girls, why can't Satine have relationship with both Anakin and Obi Wan?

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Anakin is a hot badass......Slowpokeking, I'm starting to see your point.

It would be better for the Star Wars Saga if Anakin bangs Obi-Wan's ex girlfriend for a while before he gets tied down to a knocked up Padme. Then we can have a totally jealous and pissed off Obi-Wan plotting behind Anakin's back in ROTS, which leads to him hooking up with Padme and fathering Luke and Leia. On Mustafar, Anakin senses that Padme and Obi-Wan have formed the beast with two backs, the backosaurus, so he chokes a ***** for cheating on him, even though he cheating on her. Twenty years later, because Obi-Wan and Anakin were never friends (Remember?), Obi-Wan tells Luke that Darth Vader murdered Luke's father so he could get Luke all fired up to kill Vader. Then Darth Vader tells Luke he is his father, even though he's mistaken, and Obi-Wan goes along with it for some reason. At the end of the saga, Darth Vader is inspired to save his not-son by his not-son's faith in his not-father, redeeming Vader through the power of love between non-relatives.

Remember that scene in ROTS when Padme tells Anakin she's pregnant? Anakin was thinking "Damn, now I'm stuck with her, now I have to get rid of Satine. I'll probably **** her a few more times before the kids are born, though. Damn I'm such a hot badass." If he only knew the power of a paternity test.

And then when he has that vision of Padme dying, he was all like "It's cool, if she dies I have a spare".

When Anakin said "You're so beautiful" to a pregnant Padme because he's "so in love" with her, he was actually thinking about how fat she had gotten and how he'd rather be with a certain tall, thin blonde at the moment.

Remember when Obi-Wan and Anakin were joking with each other early in ROTS? Yeah, Obi-Wan secretly hated Anakin and wanted to kill him on the Invisible Hand.

Remember when Obi-Wan told Anakin he was proud of him? He was secretly thinking "I ****ed your wife" behind his forced smile.

Seerow, Slowpokeking, fett 4 and 2 others like this.
  20. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

"Independent women" are all monogamous? Or dislike sex? Or both?

Again...okie-day.

And who says she didn't develop relationships with other men? Has anything been written about her outside TCW series? If not, how do we know?

As far as your last statement...a promise that you will be monogamous means that you should be monogamous. Nothing else.

ETA: CT, I love you and your sarcasm sign.

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Well I don't like it since Obi Wan has no right to ask who Satine should be with. In the novelization Anakin did suspect Obi Wan was having relationship with Padme and that's why he was so angry in the end.

23. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    *is drowning in speculation*

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    No, they just prefer the man to be loyal with them.

We don't see her have any relationship nor did she mention any of them or think about ask for any of them's help when
    she was in the prison

If you think Satine got no problem of having more than 1 romantic relationship, why couldn't she have relationship with Anakin at the same time?

25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I'm not saying they have one, but Anakin indeed suspected that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.