main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should there be a challenge against Anakin and Padme's marriage?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Anakin was SERIOUSLY insecure and unstable and messed up at that point. Heavily hinted that Anakin was just making crap up because he was so unstable, in my point of view.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You're actually claiming to speak for "all independent women"? Quite presumptuous of you.

We never saw her pee either. I'll assume from that, that she had one hell of a bladder and didn't pee for 30 years or so.

She could, but I see no reason for her to do so, other than it suits you for the purpose of your fan fic, in which case...

As I said earlier, go for it if that makes you happy. I've seen worse pairings.

thesevegetables likes this.
  3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    That's totally different, so we can say Anakin also got other relationship just the existing EU didn't mention it?

So what's the problem? If she thinks Obi Wan's multiple relationship is wrong, then she should end this relationship. If she thinks that's not wrong, why couldn't her do the same? Anakin is young, handsome and passionate, he and his padawan also helped her before. That could remind her of the young Obi Wan.

4. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Satine has never indicated what she thinks of Obi-Wan's other relationships.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes, I agree with that, but that does not mean he could not grow feeling of other women. Actually it makes sense, if he once grew feeling of other women(not having sex with them, just feelings), he would understand how powerful and uncontrollable it is, that would make him suspect Padme might experienced the same thing.

6. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If one can excuse his awkward-as-hell lines in AOTC otherwise, I'd say he probably did. I'm not sure what your point is.

I, personally, don't want to see it.

You obviously do, and you like it in your fan fic, so let's just part ways.

thesevegetables likes this.
  8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    The poster's point is that Obi-Wan has aged and so Satine sees in Anakin what she ONCE saw in Obi-Wan. Being a passionate woman, and Obi-Wan having grown into a stiff-necked Jedi, she wants to rekindle the passion she once had, but now with the young stud-muffin Jedi. Anakin, being male, can't help feeling physically attracted to her although he is pledged to Padme, so he has to fight against his feelings to stay true to his wife.

/that's what I get, anyway.

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't think Satine is passionate, at least not in many ways, but since she once grew feeling of the young Obi Wan she could feel the same way for Anakin as well. I guess that's because she saw too many dirty politicians like Almec or warlords like most of the Mandalorians.

There could some events to let them work together and grow feelings through it.

10. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    You are correct that Satine could fall in love with Anakin - just as she could fall in love with anyone. I don't understand why she should, but I will give you that it is a possibility but a pretty long shot possibility.

I'm just not sure why you want Satine and Anakin paired, rather than creating your own new love interest for Anakin in your fanfic.

Seerow and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Because I like Satine a lot and think she's the only one who's good enough to let Anakin grow feelings. She also share some similarities with Padme. Anakin's love story could be better with some challenge.

12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Is there a Cupid in Star Wars? If not, there should be.

I guess the "Will of the Force" is the one true god of Star Wars, which would make Cupid superfluous. Still, I like to think that Cupid would have a better sense of humor.

13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Well I will say because of Lucas, SW movies' love story is not written well. Especially Anakin and Padme's development is quite vague.

14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Actually I can write a short story again base on your amazing post CT.

15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Lol what's funny is that its actually more belivable for Padme losing the will to live than what we got in RotS

16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I like it, it just should have more info about how the 2 women thought about this relationship.

17. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    They battle it out in a mudpit, but in the end, agree to share Anakin because 1/2 of him is better than 2 of anyone else.

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    No, I think Padme would break up with Anakin, not sure if she could accept Obi Wan since he was using her.

19. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Nah, Obi-Wan and Padme were using each other - Padme was thinking how much better sex was with a real man while Obi-Wan was gloating over how he was doing his padawan's wife and how everyone thought he was such a good Code-obeying Jedi.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Sure, that's nice.

21. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    ... I know I better keep away from this thread, but still:

1. Padme is Anakin's one true love. Changing that would make ROTS completely ridiculous. The OT probably too.
    2. Satine and Anakin? A pacifist and someone who loves to fight? No.
    3. Why should there be one more lovestory? We already have three, and I'm fine with that. TCW is not only about love.

anakinfansince1983 and Seerow like this.
  22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    1. Great love story should have challenge.
    2. Anakin likes peace, he just thought peace require power to ensure.

23. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    1. A challenge? Okay. A love triangle? No. "The Time Traveler's Wife" is also a great love story, even though there isn't a love triangle.
    2. Anakin surely likes peace overall, but still he wouldn't keep away from a fight. And Satine doesn't like to fight at all.

anakinfansince1983 and Seerow like this.
  24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    1. Without someone who's as good as Anakin/Padme, I don't see their love story being challenged well.
    2. He wants to become a hero, but he only view fight as a method to maintain peace and that's right. It's just a difference of method, not goal. Obi Wan also support fight and coups in the clone wars.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    *sigh*. I'm going to regret this...

Can I ask exactly why you think that the only valid challenge to a romantic relationship is a third person interfering? I'm not following that one at all. You do realize that there are a myriad of reasons that real-life couples have problems and/or break up, and without statistics in front of me, I'm still willing to bet that most of them do not involve a third person.

And please come up with something other than "it's a good storytelling device" or "well these classic love stories have a triangle." You used that one already. I'm challenging you to break through my stubborn mind and help me understand, as opposed to beating your opinion into my brain again. ;)

And ah, Valairy...I didn't know you had it in you. The sarcasm is strong with you my friend. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.