main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should there be a challenge against Anakin and Padme's marriage?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Slowpokeking We don't really talk about the same anymore, do we?

1. In my opinion there is no need for more challenges. Especially not if it's a love triangle. And those are not needed to prove a love story to be great.
    2. Satine doesn't even accept fighting as a method.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    1. Why? Anakin and Padme's love story is not well written, even Leia and Han got such challenge (a charming prince in one of the best EU books).
    2. Then she could change over events, without weapon and force there is no way you can keep peace. It's way too ideal.

3. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    We really don't talk about the same anymore...

1. Of course it is not very well written compared to others, but adding a challenge wouldn't make things different.
    2. If you really need weapons to keep peace is not the point. The point is that Satine is a pacifist and therefore would hardly fall in love with Anakin.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Fixed.

I'd add that the reason that sorry excuse for a book was so terrible is that Leia considered Fabio the Airhead a "challenge" for even a nanosecond.

5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    1. How?
    2. Satine could change because her way would never work. Also political belief is not decisive in romantic relationship.

6. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It's one of the best EU books, many elements from the prequel were from this book, and Isolder is a good challenge.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    OK. You've stated your opinion. What exactly am I supposed to do with it?

8. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    What do you mean with 'how'?

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Well I think add more challenge could help develop their relationship.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Are you avoiding my question about why a "challenge" absolutely must be a love triangle?

Just wondering.

Dathomir-Witch likes this.
  11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Let's keep our opinion since we won't agree on it?

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Because it's a romantic relationship, the most precise challenge is the challenge of another man/woman.

Many great love stories have such challenge.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I was hoping you would avoid the "many great love stories" argument and use another one, as I really don't care what "many great love stories" have since romances are not my preferred reading material.

Ironically, this may be the one thing we have agreed on.

And FWIW, you can post your Anakin/Satine fan fic on these boards or fanfiction.net and will probably get readers without having to sell all of us on the idea of including it in TCW series.

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    :D

And slowpokeking, where (if you have) posted this fic?

15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
  16. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    This thread does seem to have gone into a rather bizarre fanon direction, but here's a new card to get into play:

Captain Typho is, canonically, secretly in love with Padme. What could TCW feasibly do with this that wouldn't undermine ROTS?

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Typho tells ex-Senator, now Chancellor Palpatine, hoping a scandal results and that Padme is "freed" from Anakin and turn to him for solace. Only Palps keeps it secret and uses the knowledge for his own ends. ROTS is not affected.

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Do you mind to tell me what do you think of the fanfic if you have time to read it?

19. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008

That devious Palpatine. Sometimes I don't think he even wants what is best for Anakin, I really don't.

I think it's bad etiquette RE - the rules to plug fanfiction in a non-appropriate thread. Just do what I do mate, and leave a handy link in your forum signature. If people are interested, they'll check it out and leave you comments and feedback :)

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Keep it as it is. Out of love for Padme, he guards her secret even from people who might demand it of him, and then chases down the Darth Vader who killed her (and allegedly, her husband).

21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Well he asked for link, we can do it through PM.

Personally I think it could more conflict to let Anakin grow feeling since it could be more dramatic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.