main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Should there be a female alien as a main character in the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    A character like Ania Solo? Yes, Please!

Id be very happy with a female lead if well written/acted (my same requirment for male leads), but not alien. Sorry but keep the leads human for the vast bulk of the spin-off movies, and always in the Episodes. As to the sex of the character please change it up constantly, imho that means a female lead in the next Episodes is potentially a very good thing (we've had a 2 to 1 male to female leads thus far, and thats only if be gracious... so I'd be very happy with a lets say 2 to 1 female to male leads this time).

2. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    But then again, Ahsoka was one of the main characters in TCW...

3. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    They should be black too.

4. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I have nothing against a female leading character. Specially if she's taken from the EU, like Jaina or even Allana.

Ryus likes this.
  5. Kay Suhyun

Kay Suhyun Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2013
    It would be really great if we could see a truly alien creature as part of the main cast, not even humanoid.

darthbarracuda likes this.
  6. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    As long as it's an interesting character. who cares what gender the character is.

7. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Only if they do it correctly. If they portray it in a goofy, cartoon like character or one that acts like the anthropomorphic animals in the Disney cartoons...that's not OK...

8. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    There's one alien species for a female character I would love to see in Episode VII, VIII or IX.

Those pink skinned alien species you would see alot in the old Marvel Comics Star Wars.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    There will be a female Hoojib. She will replace Chewbacca as co-pilot of the Falcon. It will be amazing.

10. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    keep it male led, it has always been that way and I'm tired of all these demands to have more women. We don't cry out to make wonder woman have more men.

11. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    Yes, she should be a Togruta named Ahsoka. :)
    --------------------

you do realise that even Ahsoka "super-Jedi" Tano will probably have her false teeth stolen by some bounty hunter and she'll spend all of the entire EP VII trying to find them right?

plus having a walking stick and probably a slightly hunched back..

who am I kidding it's Ahsoka Tano, she will look not look a day over 20, and saves Luke multiple times from disaster

in that case I say NO thanks.

12. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    The new "big three" should be the daughter of either Han and Leia or Luke and (Mara or whoever), a female alien (I vote Twi'lek), and a male human. :)