main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Should there be a gay character in Episode VII Pt 2

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Esg, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I absolutely do not think that is a coincidence; I think strong females are important for Lucas. In the bonus material on the AOTC DVD, Natalie actually talks about that very subject of Lucas making females attractive yet strong, and how that is a great part of being in Star Wars.

Padme in ROTS was pregnant, I think that is why they lessened her heroics (hard to run, shoot and fight when you are carrying that much extra weight). The part of her dying for lost love was old-style, Shakespeare-esque tragic romanticism, I don't think that denotes weakness.

Yes, I don't know why these people are calling for the thread to be shut down, you may be right about that being homophobia.

2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Gay characters would be great & show that everyone can fit in in the Star Wars galaxy. Nothing wrong with two male bounty hunters having hot passions while seeking a bounty for one of the Hutt crime lords. It would be pretty cool to see, because I'm open minded.

3. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Gay characters would be great & show that everyone can fit in in the Star Wars galaxy. Nothing wrong with two male bounty hunters having hot passions while seeking a bounty for one of the Hutt crime lords. It would be pretty cool to see, because I'm open minded.

4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So anyone who doesn't want a gay romance/character in a star wars film, even for pretty good/legitimate reasons......is close minded? That's sort of insulting.

Well i'm glad.....that's just.....like.....your opinion man.....and not fact.

lord_eidolon likes this.
  5. sashlon1138

sashlon1138 Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    Yes, I'm fine with taking my kids to see a film that is a myth/fairy tale/morality play that has some challenging themes.

I'm fine with the fact that star wars contains stylised violence scenes, because those scenes are a part of the story, and often show the consequences of the choices made by the protagonist/antagonist characters.

I'm fine with moral and spiritual themes in the story even if they are on occasion challenging to young ones.

But the social agendas of special interest groups don't really belong in GFFA.

lord_eidolon likes this.
  6. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003

7. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    @ sashlon and starwarsfan Indeed. If anyone is close minded and insulting, it's coolyfett.

Now he's spamming the same message over and over.

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Yes CoolyFett.....we know you REALLY WANT gay characters with gay romance in star wars. But you don't have to state the same thing 3 times. We understand, no need to repeat yourself like a broken record.

9. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    um hey guy, like where did I say YOU were not openin minded? I never said that to you at all. The world has gay people in it, not sure why that would bother you. Please no more rude replies. I post in peace. Peace & love for all humans.

10. lord_eidolon

Feb 2, 2004
    If you feel that strongly about it, make a fan film.

11. sashlon1138

sashlon1138 Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    Agreed

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Inclusion of a gay character is not a "social agenda from a special interest group", any more than the inclusion of Leia, Mon Mothma and Padme as leaders, or Lando and Mace, were "social agendas from special interest groups."

And the insinuation that people who support the addition of gay characters, just want to see some hot gay sex, is extremely insulting and close-minded. As I've mentioned several times, gay people do far more with their lives than have sex. In fact, the most sex-obsessed people that I've met have been straight men (although that certainly does not mean that all straight men are sex-obsessed or that there is even a tendency there).

The attack on CoolyFett and yes, the repeated spamming of "He just supports this because he wants hot gay sex" (for the purpose of getting the thread shut down so you won't have to discuss this) is noted though.

Esg and Danzo like this.
  13. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    Wow, I'd hardly consider someone having their limbs sliced off and horribly catching fire whilst screaming in clear agony to be stylized violence. I honestly cannot understand how someone would consider that to be fine whilst the notion of two adults expressing their love is something that should be hidden.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. lord_eidolon

Feb 2, 2004
    Well it won't happen anyway, so get over it.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Now who's being rude? "Get over it"? Really?

Esg likes this.
  16. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Its called participation, nothing more, nothing less. Any fan that hates gay people is their business, no need to attack or bully me because I supoort the idea. Please take your anger elsewhere & allow the rest of us to speak on the matter without the internet bullying. We learned how to be kind in kindergarden. Peace.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Restarting locked topics without moderator permission is prohibited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.