main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Should there be Clone Troopers in Star Wars episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Javveline, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Javveline

Javveline Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2013
    Well, of course! now that the storm troopers are gone. The new Republic/form of government will need an army. So who else is there to turn to but the clone troopers? I have yet to know.[​IMG]

2. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    No, no clones or battle droids of any kind

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    But, what about a clone of a battle droid? :)

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    NO MORE CLONE WARS.

kthx

5. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Surely they must be dead by now?

No clone troopers. They became the Stormtroopers, no need to invalidate some of the best imagery in the saga just to redeem Temuera Morrison's face.

Also the new government already has an army. And a fleet. And an intelligence division. They don't need to turn to anyone.

6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    No Clones. Legions of Mandalorians.

7. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Clones are awesome but the Jango Fett clones are dead the DNA probably destroyed by episode 7 as it was starting to work badly in the Clone Wars (the series and as it is in the cinematic cannon) new clones are unlikely probably if we are to presume that there will be a new goverment under the rebellion "New Republic" it would probably be an envoled Rebellion soldier uniform.

8. Javveline

Javveline Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2013
    What is the army that the new government has, Outside of the rebellion. Or is that the army.
    Why don't they give the existing army some armor though. that would make some sense.
    [​IMG]

9. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    We don't know anything about the government, or governments, or lack of government, that the ST galaxy will be portrayed as.

10. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    The only clone that will be acceptable in my eyes are Boba Fett or Starkiller (if he's a clone)

11. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    No I don't think there'll be clone troopers in EPVII.

What did they have before they created the "grand army" of the Republic (which became the Empire)?

I get the impression they just had the Jedi as police.

If there's been no threat between EPVI and EPVII then I don't see why they would need an army.

Maybe return to a police force, obviously not Jedi, but I'm thinking they won't have an army on a galactic scale as such, different armies tied to different groups, governed by a galactic police force as the Jedi used to.

Or maybe no police force at all and just smaller armies. [face_thinking]

12. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    How about ragtag armies of volunteers that we can actually connect with?

13. Javveline

Javveline Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2013
    Well how about a legion of trooper that were lost during the clone wars (i.e. Able 17oh7) joins forces with the rebellion.
    This has been played out in quite a few stories

14. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Depends on the plot, but yeah, why not. Maybe from several hosts.

15. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    Probably not due to the previously mentioned fact that the Clonetroopers have been assimilated into the Stormtroopers legions and the vast majority have died off due to age and in battle. I could live with clones like Zahn had Thrawn use, but Republic or 'New Republic' Clonetroopers as a force should be no more.

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I think there are plenty of willing and able beings that want to join the military, so there is no need for clones. Battle droids are ok as long ad they aren't the stupid B-1 droids.

17. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
  18. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes there shall be clone troopers, if they don't tell how many. ;) Just joking. No, the New Republic can recruite normal people into the army and fleet, no need for clones.

19. HylianBowcaster

HylianBowcaster Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 6, 2011
    I would hope that by this point in Galactic history people would be a little more weary of clones after the whole Clone Wars fiasco.

Sith-Mullet likes this.
  20. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I don't want to see anymore battles comprised of disposable beings who's only purpose is to die in meaningless battles.

21. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    If the Empire remnants exist in the sequel trilogy then there will be storm troopers... but if the Empire is old history then probably cloning had been outlawed by the New Republic...

22. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I wouldn't mind seeing one or two of the Skiratas, maybe in a supposed Boba Fett film.
    Assuming any them exist/live in the continuity.

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It stands to reason that stormtroopers weren't clones. That would mean that the OT was a clone war too, and I don't think that was the case. They would have mentioned that little detail, anyway, if they were.

But creating and using genetically enhanced beings as soldiers is a possibility, though. I'm not sure if they've used that in a Star Wars story, yet, but I could be wrong.

24. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    The clone troopers advance into the dust of Geonosis as the Clone War begins. The Imperial March blares at the end of AOTC as the clones load into proto-Star Destroyers and Palpatine looks on smiling. Darth Vader leads clone troopers into the Jedi Temple. Order 66.

They didn't have to SAY anything.

The clone troopers become the Stormtroopers. Are all the Stormtroopers in the OT clones? No. But the clone troopers of the PT do become the Imperial Stormtroopers.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would like to see a variation of the stormtroopers but no clones. Maybe some old Imperial is trying to sell clone technology to some other baddies and some elite squadron of New Republic commandoes breaks it up. Something small like that would be okay for me but otherwise I don't think cloning should have that big of an impact on the story.