main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should there have been interaction between C3PO and Vader?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthMarik, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMarik

DarthMarik Jedi Master

Sep 23, 2012
    A thought I've had for a few years if Annakin made C3PO shouldn't there have been some interaction between the two of them. I mean when you think about it aside from Yoda and Obi the droid was the only character with a connection to Vaders past and I would have liked to see Vader react to seeing his creation. I mean it stands to reason that the droid would have something of an impact on him perhaps a nostalgic reaction at the most.

2. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    One of the dumbest things in the prequels, & that's saying something. Best to pretend it never happened

3. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Well, I guess maybe he did? With Vader it's hard to tell because he obviously never shows a facial expression. I like to think that, at some point, he does have a moment of realization when he sees C3PO. What I'm not a great fan of however, is how little Obi Wan reacts to seeing R2D2 on Tatooine. The way he looks at him when he says "I don't remember owning any droids" kind of tells you that something is peculiar about R2...but that's it. I'd have been more surprised.

4. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    [​IMG]

No ... I ... am your maker.

5. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    *Scene: Bespin*

Vader: what has that Wookie got on his back? turn around fur ball (JEJ said this in Lion King)

Chewbacca turns*

Vader: 3PO? is that you old buddy old pal? if you could see me behind this mask i'm tearing up

3PO: oh, oh the maker!! master Annie!!! Padme thought there was still good in you before she died

Vader: Obi-Wan never told me what happened to my wife

3PO: I think perhaps we better get in doors

Vader: we are inside, but I will get you back together immediately

3PO: thank the maker!

Bale and Darth Vader like this.
  6. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    I recall reading a comic book relating of how young anakin found the remnants C3PO in a garbage on Tatooine and retrieved it to fix it. It was actually a nostalgic memory that Vader had about his past when he came across the head of C3PO. It was a nice little story.

7. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Vader would have nostalgia but C3P0 had his memory wiped along with R2 at the end of episode 3

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It was. The novel The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader, which shows snippets of his life, from arriving on Tatooine as a child, to being taught how to Force Ghost immediately after his death, and seeing Luke, references that comic in one scene.

9. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I think that was originally published in the short Star Wars Tales series, but it might have been republished from elsewhere.

It is called "Thank the Maker" and is in Volume 2 of the Star Wars Tales collection. Non of the Star Wars tales stuff is considered cannon although it is a fun read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.