Sac, CA Should we all get together to see the movie Friday May 17th or Saturday May 25th?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master

star 5
    I'm thinking we'll get together as a group to see the movie quite a few times, but when should we first set?

The movie times aren't yet set, but I'm picturing Arden at around the 7:00 showing.

Let me know what everything thinks, and I'll do another thread to set it officially.

We could go to Leatherby's ice cream parlor afterwards to chat about the movie as good star wars fans can.

May 25th is during Memorial Day weekend, by the way.
  2. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm all for that Auntie.

In my condition, I am not sure I would be able to come down and wait in line with you and pacman and all the rest, but I would love to see it with the group. I am also working on the T-shirts. I like the icon with the stars in the background. When I get closer to having it all set up, I will start a thread concerning the T-shirt, such as sizes, names, and such.
  3. crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I?m in. LDV, you can show up around 11:00 for the 12:01, I will be more than willing to hold a place in line for you. I also plan on having chairs out you can sit in, and my office is next door if you need anything.
  4. Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well, my wife is due the week of the 27th, so May 16th will be my last night on the town (Sac-Town that is) ;) I'm sure SVRF will be watching AOTC numerous times during the summer, so I'll hook up with ya'll sometime then.

BTW: LDV, any way you could post a pick of the icon with the stars in the background?
  5. Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sac-Town: [link=http://www.geocities.com/jeremyguy2/fanforce.html]see it here[/link]. I also like the one with stars, though I made a version on plain black thinking that it might be a little cleaner on a black t-shirt. We can all discuss it more later when L_D_V makes an offical thread, I'm sure.

I can't make either of those dates...the 17th, I'll be prepping for finals the following week, as well as a recital in which I'm playing on the 18th. The 25th is grad weekend, and I'll be, well, busy. :) heheh....
  6. bright sith Jedi Knight

star 5
    I would personally prefer the week after next week because I would like to give prior notice to those who employ me, but I look forward to seeing it with the gang very much.
  7. Rattak_Sal-Solo Jedi Youngling

Sithspawn! Both dates are crummy for me since I have to play a show on both days. If the May 25th one was a matinee showing I could probably go, plus it would be cheaper for everyone. Maybe we could do it a couple different times also, just to give everyone a chance to join in on the fun. That T-shirt design is awesome! I might make my own crude version just for fun this weekend, just so I have something to wear to the midnite thing.
  8. fn_clone Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm up for either weekend since school will finally be over by then, but some others and I were probably going to plan to see it in San Francisco one of those weekends.

Also, I'll talk to my friend that works at the regal cinemas. I'm sure she can start getting us in free once the movie has been out for a little bit.
  9. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master

star 5
    The matinee idea is a great one, to save us all money. I'd love to see it all together as a group at least a few times, and then try and get together a group to see it in a digital theater in San Francisco.

Anyone else have thoughts on a matinee?
  10. bright sith Jedi Knight

star 5
    I could go to probably any matinee showing (including weekdays) as long as I know a week beforehand. What are some of Sac's best theaters? We should strive for those.
  11. fn_clone Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Sac's best theaters.....well, i think the Regal theaters have the largest screen, but i think i remember someone saying that UA Olympus Pointe has the best sound system though. I don't really know, they are pretty much all the same to me.
  12. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master

star 5
    In the past we've hoped to meet at the Arden theater. Everyone likes it, and it's more central for people.

Is that acceptable to everyone else?

It sounds like we can do May 25th, a matinee showing. Let me know now, if it's not a good plan.
  13. Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    i think i'm gonna be out... :(
  14. Rattak_Sal-Solo Jedi Youngling

The May 25 thing sounds great for me. Hey Elvish, do you need a ride or something? I can probly give ya one of you need it.
  15. pacman Jedi Youngling

star 1
    sounds like a plan to me! I'm gonna try to be there
  16. bright sith Jedi Knight

star 5
    If it's for that date, I'm pretty sure I can make it.
  17. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I'm down wit dat.

3 days and counting...[keanu]Whoaaa[/keanu]
  18. crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan

star 4
  19. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master

star 5
    **Let's officially plan for May 25th, an afternoon show at the Arden and Ethan theater.**

It looks like moviefone will announce the times for May 25th on Thursday. As soon as I can find a time to confirm, I'll start a new thread. Start thinking if we want to do something afterward like dinner at Dos Coyotes, coffee at the Howe and Arden Starbucks or ice cream at Leatherby's.
  20. Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    i dunno. i may be able to go (with an accepted ride) depending on:
    1. my mom lets me.
    2. when we're goin' to jeremyguy's grad.
    ... so we'll see, as the date comes closer. i may actually be able to get a ride from by friend vince, if he wants to go, cuz he lives down the street from me. we shall see!
  21. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master

star 5
    Cool, I hope you can make it. :)
  22. rogue1yg Jedi Youngling

Sorry. I won't be able to meet you all. I will be in San Jose for my sis graduation that weekend. Well, I guess I'll watch it in SJ in Digital. Darn.
  23. Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Elvish, you talking to Vince these days?
  24. Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    yeah, he started talking to me lately. mostly about Star Wars & video games.... well, mostly Star Wars.
  25. fn_clone Jedi Youngling

star 3
    the 25th....well, I already had some plans to see it in San Fransisco that day, but if those plans dont fall through, i'm there. I guess I'll give an official word closer to the date.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.