main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should we create the Salt Lake City FanForce Book club?

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Jedi_Noghri, Feb 7, 2007.

?

Should we create the Salt Lake City FanForce Book club?

Poll closed Feb 28, 2007.
  1. That's a great idea, let's do it

77.8%
  2. Sounds lame, let's not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don't care but I feel like voting anyway

22.2%
  4. It's not for me but go ahead and have fun without me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    Some people have shown interest in the idea of having a book club for our group in which we can all read the same novels at the same time and discuss what we've read in a meeting. The meeting places are yet to be determined, depending on who wants to be in the group and where would be the most central location, thus cutting down on travel time for all involved. We can even make a thread where we can discuss the books but that's just not as fun as getting everyone together and having fun while we talk. I just wanted to make sure that there actually was interest before I went around saying that everyone was interested and I went and put the group together anyway.

At the meetings, we will be free to discuss any literature we want but it will likely only be Star Wars. It's really up to the group and the Book Club President. The only one big rule that we will enforce in the book club is that we don't discuss anything that would be considered to be spoilers for anyone. That means not ruining the ending of a book for someone in the group who has not yet read it. I've had this happen to me as I'm sure many others have and it totally sucks. I think we can all agree that this is a good policy to live by even without the club.

Anyway, cast your vote if you think you might like to join in the fun, or even if you don't like reading books and fun social interactions with people with the same interests as you.

2. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I've read so many books and still have a bunch I have yet to read. I'd love the opportunity to swap books with anybody that hasn't read what I have. We could list all the books we own. I'd be happy to lend out a book or three so that I could have a chance to read books that I don't have without having to go buy them. Just an idea.

3. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I like the idea as well. I have many of the Star Wars books, a few of the new ones I haven't picked up yet, course I haven't even gotten around to reading the newer books.

4. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    I still have several of Riley's books on long term loan.

5. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Well the results are in. Or I should say they were in at the end of last month? You asked for it and now you're gonna get it. We'll be setting up the Salt Lake City FanForce book club. We will be looking into several locations to meet and then we'll choose which book or books to start with and to make it official I'll start a book club thread where we can keep informed and updated on all the SLCFFBC stuff.

If no one has any objections, I have asked Riley aka Jedi_Angell to be the book club president. I figured he would be perfect for the job since he has a vast library of Star Wars novels and he is the one who got me into the Star Wars books in the first place. Huzzah Dude! :cool:

6. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    HUZZAH indeed.

7. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    so..... um yeah

8. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
  9. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    wrong thread. :oops:

10. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    well, we voted for it but it didn't seem to happen. All things in this group survive or die depending on the level of interest. I guess this one died.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.