main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Should we petition for more Prequel Era content from Disney?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jesta', Jan 30, 2017.

1. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I may have read it a time or two.

2. Prisic Duskleap

Prisic Duskleap Jedi Master star 3

Jul 24, 2014
    Sadly Disney seems to be stuck with wanting to only explore the OT era which is why my passion for this franchise has been pretty much killed. I knew this would happen though when Disney bought Star Wars but I had some faith that maybe they would take the franchise in new and interesting directions but I should've learned from the Marvel films that wasn't going to happen.

3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Id say with Disney setting alot of the spin off movies between 3 and 4 it allows for both PT and OT elements in there just like with what they did with rogue one by having jimmy smitt in the movie.

Admittedly its the empire era after episode 3 but a fair amount of what Ep 3 set up is still very much there.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Catalyst, Dark Disciple, Darth Maul comic, Yoda comic, etc, say hello.

5. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I think the question of "what actually is PT content?" is an interesting one.

Personally I'd put anything from the Rise of the Emperor through ROTJ as more OT content.

Anything from the end of ROTJ on is more ST content.

To me PT content would be obviously at least from TPM to ROTS... but honestly you could probably go back quite a bit further than TPM and still be in "the PT era". To be somewhat arbitrary... maybe if you went back to either the death of Plagieus or the birth of plapatine that could be the start of the "PT era".... (or hey.. .maybe go all the way back to the birth of yoda)

To use a real world analogy.... once WW2 ends that era of history is over and when we look back we pretty much think of anything after WW2 as the Cold War era. (and the era containing WW2 pretty much stars right after WW1 ends)

Jesta', CoolyFett and Darkslayer like this.
  6. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Personally my issue is with the PT not having enough recognition, not that it lacks content. It's time for the ST to have it's own culture and shine. The problem however, is with the ST having made many attempts in making it feel and taste like the OT, making the identity feel repetitious and muddy. By doing so, the ST truly does not have a beautiful face/body to look at in the mirror. Just a lot of reused dirt....

But hopefully TLJ will change that.

Anyways, no. The PT content wise, is fine. It is not fine as of reducing it's existence. I barely hear it..

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Really? Come on man. What if we gave you that kind of attitude?

Prisic Duskleap, Jesta' and CoolyFett like this.
  8. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Presumably TPM to ROTS is the Jedi Order era, everything after ROTS to ROTJ is the Empire era and anything after ROTJ is the New Order?

Its very possible we could see more content around the era of TPM in a time before even the Clone Wars.

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I would like to see Padme as queen/senator story. There is a 10 year gap between episode 1 and 2, if we can tell stories in the 3 year gap between episode 2 and 3 and between ANH and ESB then I'm sure there's a lot of different stories to tell there too.

CoolyFett and mes520 like this.
  10. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 15, 2017
    YES!!!!!!

11. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    We had 13 years of great Prequel Era content. I'm happy to see the focus shift for now to just before ANH and the Sequel Trilogy Era.

We're only two movies and one cartoon show into the this period of Star Wars - I think it's inevitable that we'll get more movies and shows set during the prequels soon enough. I'll wait patiently. Maybe the third Anthology film will be be about Obi-Wan. Even if it's not techinal prequel era, it's getting closer.

Darth Downunder and black_saber like this.
  12. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014

It was sarcasm.

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ah. It can be hard to tell on the internet sometimes, my bad :)

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  14. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002

I really liked cloak of deception and darth maul shadow hunter. Most of the prequel era novels including clone wars novels are more likely going to be canon again then old expanded universe post return of jedi novels when disney tossed it in the legends realm. Not saying old prequel novels are becoming canon again, just saying the chances of what is the best bet of likely hood.

15. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014

No worries. It's not always as easy to convey sarcasm as you think it is.

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Cool it.

Jesta' likes this.
  17. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    I'm now inclined to think some people on this thread are actually OT purists.

18. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    5 Great questions the "everything before ANH is PT" crowd still can't answer. Anyone else able to answer these questions?

Jesta' likes this.
  19. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I would LOVE a stand-alone movie re the origins of the Rebel Alliance!

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  20. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I would not be against that. That would be some time between 19BBY - 5BBY. The 5 Questions I put here if some one could pin point actual data on when these events occur in the universe. It definitely draw a line where the PT-Clone War-Republic ends and where the OT-Civil War-Empire begins.

21. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    At some point it would be cool to see more prequel era content. But as it's only a few years after an almost two-decade run of tons of prequel material (The PT, TCW, parts of Rebels, etc), it can wait. Let fans of other time periods have some cake first.

Chancellor Yoda and TheMoldyCrow like this.
  22. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Quite frankly guys, petitioning Lucasfilm (Disney isn't calling the shots here just cause they own them) isn't gonna help convince them to create more PT content. Vote with your wallets! Buy Battlefront 2 and the Darth Maul comics! That's the best way to get more of the PT era.

23. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
  24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016

This is true.

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  25. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Apparently they are gonna produce a mace windu comic now, is at true?