main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Should we petition for more Prequel Era content from Disney?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jesta', Jan 30, 2017.

1. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    And I thought I was alone! Reverse psychology basically sum's up what users are doing on this thread. Now to your other point, about 30 years later there are still Tie Fighters and Stormtroopers, the EU did the same thing too. Sure Tie Fighters were phased out relatively quick, but Stormtrooper armor didn't even change 130 years after ROTJ!

Also, I only get used/pre purchased SW merchandise whenever I can. It's usually cheaper (Although it ended up costing me more for Rogue One on Blu-ray) and Di$ney doesn't get my money.

2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Its all a matter of patience, Some fans are correct there is A LOT of PT-Clone War media, but Disney so far has not created their own thing from what George sold them. First Order is basically The Empire Jr and that Resistance thing is basically the Rebellion Jr. They could have created two totally new factions that are nothing like the Rebellion, Republic, Separatist or Empire or they could have combined a few elements from the 4 factions. What is stopping them from having 2 factions where both have armored soldiers? Why cant both factions have droids in their ranks? Be creative, mix it up. Blue was a dominant color during the Republic days. Wasnt the Rebellion trying to restore the Republic? Why is the Resistance wearing green and brown again? Why is the First Order troopers armor white? Why not gray? Why not red or green/camo? The X Wing pilot wearing the same uniform as the Rebellion pilots? Huge opportunity missed by Disney. They have all that talent at LFL and they just made bootleg versions of what George already made in the OT. I think the reason we want more PT is because we are seeing TOO MUCH OT in the new series. If Disney would have created 2 completely new factions at war in these new films, I would probably support them and see it as an official 3rd era, but right now its just OT Jr and that hurts it.

3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    To be fair what is there left to explore about the Prequel era? i mean obviously we probably can't expect any film to be set around the time of episode 1 to 3 unless its about something new and different and isn't just filler movie of an episode of clone wars.

I also don't think we will see a film set between 4 and 6 either unless its about someone other the luke,han and Co.

I think what setting it in between 3 and 4 does is gives it a 20 year transition period that you can explore a huge amount of time with.

4. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Overall you can't please everyone and i think Disney and the producers likely know that so one way or another there will always be someone who won't be happy.

Its like when they make the boba fett or bounty hunter movie they will probably either get Temuera Morrison to voice him or depending on when its set if they want a slightly younger sounding boba fett they may get someone else but they will likely have a New Zealand accent because he would be a younger Temuera Morrison.

Now i have seen someone on a forum say that disney shouldn't hold closely to continuity and should just cast anyone to play boba fett but truth be told you can't do that and i am willing to bet Disney won't do that either.

You won't please everyone.

5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Agreed, Daxon101, everyone will not be pleased. But I have confidence Disney-and even moreso on this topic: Lucasfilm-will pay much attention to continuity. They've already proven that several times over the last few years. Regarding Boba Fett specifically, they proved their intentions for Boba Fett by specifically getting Temura Morrison to voice Boba in Battlefront-which is canon.

IMO there's plenty that could be explored during the PT. I mean there was a 10 year period between TPM and AOTC. And during that time (especially early on) the state of the Republic hadn't really grown to the point of turmoil it was towards the events of AOTC. The spinoff doesn't necessarily need to focus on certain favorite characters all the time, like Obi-Wan or Han Solo. Maybe we could see something involving two Jedi (maybe even some fan-favorites we've never seen onscreen before), and a discovery they make that leads them on some adventure. Then in that film all the things about the deception of the Sith and failing state of the galaxy could be going on in the background. Or perhaps a film focusing on a separate turn of events, like a civil war on Mandalore or...something. It's a wide period of time, and a vast galaxy! I'm sure there's plenty they could do with it!

At any rate, I don't feel the spinoffs should be limited to the era between ROTS and ANH. I think eventually people will tire of that over time...

What I really hope though is that they go back thousands of years-the ever talked about KOTOR era...

Mostly Handless likes this.
  6. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016

The first Battlefront game is canon? i know the new one is meant to be but i thought the first one wasn't

Either way i agree the fact that even got Temura Morrison to do his voice for that game does say alot

There are alot of nostalgic OT fans who probably still have a hard time accepting Temura Morrisons voice being the official voice of boba fett.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  7. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    You must be joking.

Without the PT Rebels isn't Rebels anymore than the new movies, books or comics could exist as they are without them.

Subtext Mining and DARTH_BELO like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Ashoka, Rex, Hondo, The Last Battle episode, Maul, Saw, Cham Syndulla, etc.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  9. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Clone wars is obviously based on the PT and rebels has kept it no secret that it's a sequel show to clone wars with as many elements they can bring back from it.

There is always a tie o the prequels in rebels.

10. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    There's plenty of PT era content coming out soon. The Darth Vader comic in June, the Darth Maul mini-series, Battlefront 2, and Rebels are all related to the PT.

black_saber likes this.
  11. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    You got your four movies and TV show. That's more than enough. now go away....................

12. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The prequel era is not being ignored and will continue to be explored. It is merely taking a backseat to the Sequel Trilogy after a decade in the forefront.

black_saber and TheMoldyCrow like this.
  13. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    A few things.........

1. Pre-TPM. Not talking about young Yoda or to far in the past to the ToR era. Stories about younger Dooku, Mace Windu, the master apprentice relationship Dooku had with Qui-gon Jinn, and the relationship between Jinn and Obiwan. Could also explore earlier backstories to villians such as Palpatine and Jango Fett, etc.

2. 10 yrs between TPM and AoTC. Canon wise we just have 1 comic mini in that period. While some might find it boring since its "peace time", it can give Disney the opportunity to exploring more of the Old Jedi Order and also the background of the soon to be CIS and the villains working for them. Get to flesh out more of Dooku and Ventress and Jango Fett. A good period to see more of jedi Anakin, give darth vader focus a break. But really a great time to see the Jedi be defenders of the innocent, not burdened down by a horrible war. It's also a bonus for new jedi characters instead of dropping them into clone wars material because they have more time before the likely death via the war.

3. While the war only lasted 3 years, and we already got a 6 season show on it, the clone wars period still has room for more stories because the war was so vast. Many film Jedi didn't get much screen time in the series, and of course some new Jedi characters that appeared in the show weren't put on "stage" much. Add that to other aspects of the war that didn't get much development, such as Republic Commandos or more of the perspective of the CIS (we still don't have a canon Grevious origin story), etc. Fresh stories in this familiar era can be presented.

14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yep. And we have plenty of pre-existing content.

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  15. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Pre-TPM movie is what I'd be most interested to see. Probably the only way they'll get me to the theater once Hamill is done.

CoolyFett likes this.
  16. TheMoldyCrow

Jun 16, 2015
    When you say "Pre-TPM", what are you talking about? Cause if you mean thousands of years before TPM, then I'd be all over that.

17. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Star Wars: Rogue None.

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  18. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002

Nope, if not a direct lead-in, then maybe ten or twenty years prior at the most. Close enough to get another dose of that TPM flavor--the Jedi still in their heyday, heavily populated Republic worlds like Naboo and Corsucant, beautiful ships, etc.

19. TheMoldyCrow

Jun 16, 2015
    Eh, I can't see them doing that. I can't think of any events prior to TPM that I would be interested in seeing. If they do a PT era movie, I would much rather see something between TPM and AOTC, or during the Clone Wars.

CoolyFett likes this.
  20. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah George started Episode One when he did for a reason: not much was happening just beforehand. I suppose you could make a TV series called the Young Obi-Wan Chronicles and cast a young actor to play Kenobi as a youngling.

But Episode One went far enough back into that era for me.

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  21. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I'll be surprised if any of the near term SW films don't either tie into major saga events (ala Rogue One) or major saga characters (ala Han Solo). Anything else may be seen as a risky hard sell

CoolyFett and TheMoldyCrow like this.
  22. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002

Yeah, I know it won't happen, but nonetheless it's what I'd like to see. I've love a whole movie with the tone and feel of the Coruscant scenes from TPM. Far more interesting to me than more stuff about Death Stars, masked Dark siders, and other of the more expected starting points for the current and future Star Wars projects.

23. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    If they ever make a Darth Plagueis miniseries...

24. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I suspect that in due time, all the Saga eras will get their fill, so no, I don't really see a need for a petition. Especially since they're in the middle of what they consider a trilogy of Star Wars Stories. Just let them finish that and then, I'm sure they'll move on to other time periods.

25. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    At some point they will probably touch on the Darth Plagueis stuff again because the book isn't canon now but the character likely still is so whether they make it into a film or another book/comic, who knows.

The Darth Plagueis novel was fairly popular i hear.