main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should we start a Fresno Fan Force?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by donsolo, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    Whatever you get set up for flyers at Edwards, gimme some to pass around at Sigy 'cause I'm sure there will be some people interested over there to (if not, it will be a really boring wait in line).

And I think "Join the Fresno Fan Force and together we will rule the Central Valley!" is a great slogan for this... since it seems that we're a majority in Fresno but have people scattered around the valley. Plus I can't think of anything good myself.

Also, I thought it'd be a good idea to have a small website with a simple web address to put on the flyers, so it's easier to remember us... (something like fresno@theforce.net if possible would be great, or maybe fresnofanforce.com ...) and it would basicly be a link to these forums, the fan force mainpage, a brief intro to the group, and probably a link to Kenny's site and anyone else who may have one online... What do y'all think?

2. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    I was thinking "Join us. It is your destiny."

3. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    I like both of the slogans, either one will be a draw, shall we vote on one???

4. aero-

May 4, 2002
    if we're seriously going to start doing this, we should have some official polls :D

5. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Yeah, fire those polls up!!

6. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Let's gather up the "official" slogans, then, and someone can put a poll up!

7. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    how about:

"Friends of the Elvis Trooper"

"I know the Elvis Trooper...honest"

"I slept with the Elvis Trooper and all I got with this lousy flyer"

8. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    I keed, I keed....really I am not that full of myself, honest.

9. Rabbit4x

Rabbit4x Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    I like the idea, since I hardly know any SW fans around Fresno.

Buut what does a FanForce do?

There's a group of collectors on the Rs.com boards who meets up once a month to talk SW. Theres also the Kentucky Collectors Club and Ohio Collecots Club who meets once a month to showcase collections, talk SW, and generally have a good time.

But, anyways., Im up for the idea of a Fanforce.

10. aero-

May 4, 2002
    a fanforce does the same thing. we gather to talk star wars, plan convention appearances, charity appearances for those of us who costume, we also plan events and parties, what not. basically, we just have a load of fun which is mostly centered around our mutual love of everything star wars.

plus, it's a great way to make really good friends.

11. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    "Join us - It is your destiny" would be good for the flyers, seeing as we're trying to get it started. So realy, I think we can use both... have teh flyer say "Help Start the Fresno Fan Force... it is your destiny!" then whatever else we want to say and end with "Join us, and together we can rule the Central Valley!"

eh? or am I pushing it...

12. Bladion

Bladion Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    So, with T-minus 6 days and change before we start lining up, what's the deal with the Fresno Fan Force? Any definite ideas?

13. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    There doesn't realy seem to be much of a driving force in here... I mean, all of us are willing to participate but noone is pushing very hard... :(

14. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I've tried organizing our meeting style/order at the lineup next week (Which would require us all being near one another in line), and no one is really giving ideas.

15. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    yeah, I think we're all too lazy to organize it. bummer

16. aero-

May 4, 2002
    i made a flyer for us to use...be sure to ask permission to send them out..

it was quick and i busted it out on my way to take the kids to see hitchhiker's guide.

i made them to fit on 1/2 of a page landscape...you can put two of them on a page and it would be faster to print.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jedster/flyer.pdf

17. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    Great work! I think I'll be printing a few of those out... maybe 4 to a page though, that's a lotta ink

18. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    That looks great, certainly polished enough for what were trying to do, which is start a FF. What do you guys think? Great job, You guys should pass them out on the 19th....

19. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Nice work, aero!

Too bad we're struggling to put together a meeting, or else we'd be on our way! :(

20. aero-

May 4, 2002
    i couldn't find my way around fresno to save my life. we should all meet up somewhere cool, somewhere that wouldn't mind a bunch of nerds getting together...

we had atomic comics in phoenix hook us up with space for a while. it was pretty nifty getting together for a meeting inside a comic shop. plus it was great publicity for the owner to have a bunch of guys in costume show up once a month.

what about heroes? something like that? we could make it right around Collectible Con or whatever show that is june 10th...that way we can all make it to fresno and have a good time too..

21. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    I think that is an excellent idea for our next meeting aero . We could meet at Hero's Comics and that would count for our third meeting! [face_dancing]

Any new recruits that we get from the line-up/passing out of flyers at the midnight showings that come to this board we can just inform of the meeting here.

I have a friend on the Defender's thread( rhonderoo is her screen name) that is the VP of the Memphis FanForce. I asked her about starting one and this was her advice to me. Just thought you guys might be curious...

All you have to do is have three "meetings" of three (I think) or more people to be a Force. They can be at resteraunts at someone's house, or in line for the movie . You guys already have a board, have a "meet up" at a resteraunt maybe before the movie for the ones you have now and start the ball rolling, you may have time for two or three. Flyers are a good idea. Just make sure you pass the out in line under the table, our theaters don't allow soliciting, yours may not mind. But if you are just handing people a piece of paper, maybe they won't mind. Maye you could even have a table there. If you can get a group together, maybe do something opening day with one of the radio stations. The news will be out too.

For a president, you would just elect one if you don't have anyone that wants the job. It can be very involved or less involved. It depends on what you want out of your group and what your folks are like. You'll need a name like Fresno Rogue Squadron or Fresno Imperial Something or other. Ours is Suspicious Mind Trick...

Hope that helps, let me know if you want me to come to your board and answer any questions. JediRacer is your Regional RSA and can help you guys get started. He's over any president you elect.

So anyway, I have PMed ya'll about the line-up meeting at Edward's. I hope I can find everyone! I might have to bring a megaphone or something :p !

-AnakinsLuv

22. Rabbit4x

Rabbit4x Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    If we do vote for a president, I would nomiante AnakinsLuv, since she's been the driving force behind get ting this project off the ground.

More fans!

23. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    Yeah, she get's my vote too... we may get this going after all!

I went ahead and registered FresnoFanForce.com and it redirects to these forums... so it will be much easier for people to remember it if they hear it (plus $6 a year is nothin really ;))

24. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Hmmm... think I'll make up some flyers as well when I have the time - probably this weekend after I work on some art stuff I gotta do. ^-^

25. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I would have zero issue with AnakinsLuv getting the nomination. She has done nearly all the work on the organizing. Keep up the good work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.