main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Should we start a petition?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by TheAngryOne, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAngryOne

TheAngryOne Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2014
    I'm sure we've all heard Disney's decision regarding the EU by now. I'm wondering if you guys think we should start a petition to change their mind. I'm not sure we could totally reverse their decision, but we could get them thinking about how this bothers people. I'm not much of a writer, but I have made a rough draft for what could be the beginning.

Since Splinter of the Mind's Eye was first published in 1978, millions of people have been following the Skywalkers in their non-movie adventures. From weddings to funerals, births to battle, Jedi to Sith, we've been with these characters through so much. We've laughed. We've cried. We've done both at the same time. Many of us connect with these characters better than real people. They're the family you can always go home to.

Now that's all changing. We'll still have them with us, but there'll be no new adventures for some of them. The characters who really got people talking are now non-canon. Revan, Mara Jade, and Galen Marek to name a few.

Thoughts? The three names at the end aren't meant to be names that really fit the bill. Based of my few discussions with other people on the EU, Revan and Mara seem to be faves. Galen was random.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    That's a fine beginning and a fine idea. =D= However, personally, I'm relieved Mara is now a 'Legend' though considering fandom support I doubt she'll stay that way entirely but will the Mara fans like what she becomes if she's changed, I wonder?

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    We already have an ongoing discussion regarding the state of Disney/The EU/Legends. Locking now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.