main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shouldn't the "Small Screen Star Wars" forum go under EU

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheWookiee, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    As it corrently stands, this forum is attached to the "Star Wars films" category, which I don't think it belongs. I propose that this section of the Jedi Council forums be moved into the "Beyond the Movies: The Expanded Universe" section. But, if there is a good reason to leave this forum where it is, then I won't have a problem with it.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I like it where it is. It is related to audio/visual contents, not written, which makes me think it fits better in the films than EU forums.

3. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    But, it IS part of the EU. It may be live-action, but that doesn't make it any higher than the text-based EU. The Lucasfilm policy, as you probably know, is that everything outside of the films is EU. That is why I feel that this section should be moved. I think the "Star Wars films" section should be devoted to just that.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Though I personally agree it should be filed under the EU category given the LFL policy, it was decided back when this forum was created to file it under the films category since vistors to the site would more often be coming here for the films and forthcoming TV shows with both being more mainstream audio/visual mediums.

And to play devil's advocate, it also, in the long run, probably helps support the film forums more as well since, as time goes by, the forums that draw the largest amount of users will be Literature, SSSW, Games, JCC and the upcoming SFAF forums. Grouping SSSW under the EU banner would place 3 of those 5 under EU and 2 elsewhere, with none under the films banner. In other words, keeping it under the films banner potential provides incentive for users to visit the film forums.

5. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    =D= Good answer! I can accept that!

6. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    SFAF? Science-fiction and fantasy?

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
Thread Status: