main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Show in Metropolis

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TKYTROOPER, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Hey this is a ways away but I wanted to get it out there especially for those of you working or wanting to have a costume. There is going to be a fairly good size show in Metropolis on Feb. 17th. and 18th. The guy putting it together has some some pretty good contacts. He is the manager for Margo Kidder. He says he has an in with Las Vegas Autographs also. The three S.W. people he named were Peter Mayhew, Jeromy Bulloch, and Aimme Allen. He is wanting as many (501st) or costumed people there as he can get. He is providing us with a free table so we will also be set up to promote the club. Sounds like a pretty big deal for the city of Metropolis apperently the City and Harrah's are behind it so it should be pretty good. The link is below but very little info is posted yet. So those working on costumes get to work.

http://www.metropolisshow.com/

2. LordTreyger

LordTreyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    I think this would be a fantastic way for us to promote the club and get some new blood in our cabaal.

I know a few of us talked on Saturday at Crash about this, but we need to use this show as a way to get new people interested in the Paducah Imperials. I know Chris said he wanted to run a mini's tournament and that's fine but we are about more than just mini's. We need to extend outward to encourage all Star Wars fans not just focus on small cliques within the SW community. If this show comes off like the promoter is saying this could be a yearly event and we could get some really good exposure and begin to grow as a group.

I'll bring this up again at the meeting on Thursday.

3. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    I"ve met the guy who's running this, he's a great guy. This sounds like a great way to spend the weekend.

4. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    MMMMMMMMM Amy Allen!

5. ice1138

Dec 15, 2005
    He stopped in work tonight, with 2 convention posters, highlighting Jeremy Bulloch. He told me that the only non SW guest so far is the lady who played as Ursa, (second in command to General Zod) from Supermans 1&2 is going to be there as well.

6. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    LordTreyger, I agree. We need to find someway to get our FanForce to grow, and this is a good oppertunity. Hopefully, the New Hope event on november 18 will be a step in the right direction. It's a new place that pulls in people from all over the world. I wish we could have meetings where we can talk about FanForce stuff.....We get sidetracked on Battlestar Galactica and never get back on the task at hand.....

7. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    You nailed that one right on the head, Rodan!

8. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005

Are we talking about a set monthly meeting again?, example: 3rd Thursday of each month pv

9. ice1138

Dec 15, 2005
    Something like that would be fine as far as I'm concerned, anyone else?

10. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    A set metting would be fine with me. I think set meeting would help with new members also. If we come across a potential member we can say exactly when our next meeting is.

11. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    a set date would be great and an agenda of stuff to go over durring every meeting. This way, new members would get to talk about the reason they joined, Star Wars. That is why we are all here, right? lol

12. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    What new members?

13. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    lol...sad....

14. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    We are going to make the 3rd Thursday of each month a set meeting night. We will meet at Michaels (sometimes other restaurants) at 6:30 to have dinner and discuss Star Wars and whatever. We will start this next month, see the schedule below for the next six months, and I will update the calendar on our site also. So mark your calendars, and tell others about it. pv

December 21st
    January 18th
    February 15th
    March 15th
    April 19th
    May 17th

15. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey Everyone,

Been watching around for new and exciting shows in the area.
    was checking out the Fanforce boards and saw this con coming up,

Id love to ride up and troop with you,

is there any more information on the show?
    the site looks kinda bare at the moment,but im sure thats temporary.

If this a "weekend" long event it might be a great opportunity to get some of the nashville ,clarksville and KY area 501st members up in that area so we can all hang out,

ill be sure to stop in more often,looks like your growing quite steadily,
    cya

Skip Curley
    501st Southern Outpost Garrison XO

16. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    since the show wants costumed folk,and im interested in coming up,I started an interest thread on the 501st forum,

http://highlandcitadel.com/501stso/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21956#21956

its in our general forum,which is open to anyone,or anyone interested in the 501st at least.
    those of you that are in both clubs come on over and join the discussion,
    I hope to get some of our members up there for the show,looks like a fun time for all,

skip

17. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    I plan on making this event and meeting several of the 501st members from the Paducah area. It sounds like fun, we should all have a blast. The Southern Outpost Garrison & Midwest Garrison plan on setting up a table.

18. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    Great to have you guys onboard. I was going to do an invite closer to the date but Skip found this thread and beat me to the punch. Looking forward to having you guys up, should have some new local recruits by then too.

19. s_r_skywalker

s_r_skywalker Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2006
    This is suppose to be a fun, diverse and enjoyable club, comprised of individuals who take pleasure in the Star Wars films and many other aspects of the Star Wars Universe. This doesn?t mean that all of our members are always going to be interested in every single event, gathering or cause that we as a group or an individual may work toward. The club doesn?t exclude our members from discussing other topics of their interests such as BSG, comic cons or even Buffy. There is always an agenda at every meeting and followed. Those interested may wish to refer to a thread dated 10/17/2006; in which ?monthly meetings? were discussed. Since there were only three posts; it appears there were no other issues pertaining to the subject. There?s no mystical force that controls my destiny or our conversations during meetings- So I encourage you, if anyone feels that the meetings are ?lacking? in the Star Wars themed subject matter, please feel free to speak up and share your thoughts or ideas. Furthermore; if you?re concerned about the rate of growth in which the club is developing, we welcome you to bring your new recruits to the next event. I'm out of it for a little while and everyone starts having delusions of grandeur!

20. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    Hmmm, the last time S_R_Skywalker posted something a giant **** storm started, batton down the hatches!

21. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    I think this is going to be great. It's about time the Paducah area had something like this and OMG.com start happening. I can't wait.

I think having the organized meetings is a great idea. It gives everyone a chance to schedual aroung it if they want to come. I have to say, finiding out about a meeting a few days in advance was a little hairy. But I understand thats how things had to work, and thats ok.

As far as our little band growing, I hear a lot of we's. What are wegoing to to about getting new members. What are wegoing to do about promoting the club? I personally don't believe that it is the clubs or the officers sole duty to promote new members. It also falls on the individual members. The members are the ones with the circle of friends that enjoy the same things. The members are the ones to bring friends with them to meetings. The members are the ones to spread the word. I myself have talked to people in the action figure isle at TRU. The checkout line in Walmart. Heck, I should be charging ad space to wear my PIMPS shirt cause it's the size of a frakkin billboard. Unfortunately, no one I've talked to has shown up. Doesn't mean I'm not trying. It just sounds to me that people are wanting to blame what they percieve as lack of growth on the club and not on their inactivity in promoting what they love. And bringing you girlfriend's sister or your brothers sisters uncles 2nd cousin from high school who watched Star Wars once on CBS when they premiered in on network tv and wanted to come because he thought Spock's ears were cool doesn't really count, but it's a step in the right direction. I think we have grown well in the past few months with the addition of Ed, William, Berry, and Bubba. We even have the "real" Boba Fett, CHewbacca, Darth Vader, and Darth Maul. Thats 8 additions in a year. For an area this size, I think thats huge.

Thats just my two cents

22. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    Now Valhalla has commented? Cripes this baby is going to be an F5, "The hand of God!" You know its bad if I have resorted to quoting Twister!!!!

23. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    LOL, that's good!

24. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Its the "Finger of God" isn't it? And if I'm correcting someone making a TWISTER refrence then make peace with whatever God(s) you worship...That was a BSG refrence:)

25. ozoneace1

ozoneace1 Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2006
    JUST ADDED 2 THE Metropolis Show RICHARD KIEL (JAWS) FRIM THE JAMES BOND MOVIES .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.