main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Show of Hands

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by bustergundam, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bustergundam

bustergundam Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2004
    How many people will actually be sleeping at a movie theater?

2. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I don't think security is going to allow us to do that, Dave. Please give me a call and I will go over the details with you since you can't make it to the meeting.

Lisa

3. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    Lisa or Brent:

This afternoon Friday May 13, there was another shooting incident at the Quarry Market.

Two individuals were shot in the parking lot in front of Old Navy. Ironically, the person was shot by an off duty Constable doing security work and he also mangaed to shoot himself in the hand if you can believe that.

Both were Airlifed out.

Should we check once again to see how property management is going to react to this latest problem and if it will have any impact on us for Wedensday?

4. lordsinner

lordsinner Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Hey,

I heard about that. Sounds bad. We may need real lightsabers there with us and the force to help us keep the peace. We'd make better security than the Quarry people would have. Maybe we should assign several of our members as security. Just a thought.

Good Luck,
    Lord Sinner

5. thx1067

thx1067 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2003
    I was assured by the theater manager that there will be police/security present. I will be speaking to her on Saturday afternoon to discuss final details before our meeting at ATOMIC COMICS.

I went by the theater tonight and everything was calm. So there are NO problems. The incedent today involved a sheriff's deputy so it wasn't some random act of violence. He was doing his job.

BOTTOM LINE: the management of the Quarry shopping center does not want us spending the night (24 hours before the premier). Obvious insurance issues ( a previous law suit and millions of dollars later) mean that the security will run anyone off the property or have you arrested.

I will be visiting the shopping center property manager either on Saturday or Monday (depending on their availability). I will find out how early they would allow people on the property. So stand by and don't panic!

-Brent

6. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Awesome Job Brent, your leadership on this matter is well appreciated . . .

Still need to stomp on you for passing up the Skywalker Ranch Trip . . .

Oh well

TC-7012 - OUT !!!

7. bustergundam

bustergundam Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2004
    So is everything out the window? Can I still bring my TV and plug it in or will they serve me a fricking warrant? Needless to say The Quarry has gone from my favorite theater to my most hated theater. This will be the last time I ever see a movie there, and I will always think twice about supporting Regal entertainment group.

Bastards

8. thx1067

Nov 30, 2003
    I don't think this is a Regal Entertainment issue, this is a Riata property management one. The Theater's property ends at the front doors. Everything outside the doors is Riata territory.

I'll confer with them today.

-Brent

9. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    I think someone needs a serving of chill out . . .

Take Care

John

10. thx1067

Nov 30, 2003
    4 NOBLE TRUTHS BABY with a shot of . . .

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

11. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaatttttt?

12. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    Whats up with the time on this forum? You post something at 5:00 and it says three. What are we runnin on?

13. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    DUDE - you are SO SLOW . . .

14. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    I'm not slow. I just don't know why it does that.

15. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    I sense your presence and I sense the fact that the time is wrong. I'm not sure what else I sense. I'll let you know when I find out.

16. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I can field the time question for you. The boards are set for the Pacific time zone.

17. DancesWithWookies

DancesWithWookies Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2004
    Calm down, there will be peace on these boards.

We will see the movie, we will be under one roof as a order, we will get our midnight showing. Whilst the security will be doing their best to keep us safe, we should respect their wishes and take them into consideration.

18. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    Yeah Baby. Talk about rockin the night away.

Lord Sinner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.