Showing the true power of Anakin and Mace

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by yoshifett, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, COMMANDER but I have to disagree.

Kenobi may not be as powerful in raw strength but he makes up for it with his skill and defense.

I would say that Mace and Anakin couldn't beat him, but the rest I'd have to agree with you on that. Yoda, Sidious, and Dooku would probably get the best of Kenobi.

I would say that Anakin is unable to beat Obi-Wan's defense. Mace on the other hand was said to be the best swordsman on the Coucil but Kenobi's defense is the best there is. It would be an interesting duel between them.
  2. COMMANDER76 Jedi Master

star 4
    JH505

Even Sidious couldn't break Mace's defences.....what makes you think Kenobi stood a chance against one of the Big three when he cannot even get past Dooku? Yoda said Kenobi would die if he faced Sidious....yet Yoda told Mace to bring him in....doesn't that tell YOU something about the differences between the two men:confused:
  3. Ruthio Jedi Knight

star 2
    i dunno for Kenobi to beat Mace..he would need some sort of object to be a few inches from the exact spot of where he is when Macs knocks him down.he would then need to deliver a witty line, and then force grab that said object and win.
  4. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    These power arguments are getting ridiculous. I would prefer it if people just came out and said "This is my favorite character, he'd beat yours" rather than try to justify their opinion based on the films. People will twist and turn the events of the film to whatever they feel like.

If Obi-Wan's defense are so wonderful, why is Dooku easily able to deal with him not once, but twice? In AOTC, if it wasn't for Anakin, Dooku would have cut Obi-Wan in half. He was lying there with wounds, ready to die, his defense broken. Then in ROTS, he barely participates in the saber duel before being levitated by Dooku, choked and then tossed across the room.
  5. COMMANDER76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Spot on Ruthio...lol

Kenobi has the same chance of beating Mace that I have of beating him[face_thinking]
  6. Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm... COMMANDER I stand corrected. Thank you for helping me out.

Yes Mace did bring down Sidious, and Kenobi could not, but I think that Kenobi could have held his own against Dooku. People underate Obi-Wan's abilities too much. He was able to stop General Grievous and Anakin. Kenobi is a great fighter after all. He is the best at his style.
  7. COMMANDER76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I take nothing away from Master Kenobi......he beat Darth Maul and Grievous legit, but he only beats Anakin because Anakin makes a mistake and thats something I have to attribute more so to Anakin than Kenobi.

I can't use his victory over Anakin as a gateway to possibilities regarding characters with similiar power because NONE of those other characters will make near fatal mistakes.
  8. Ruthio Jedi Knight

star 2
    i for one never underate him i lOve kenobi, be he can lose battles. But, i dun mind hes not super powerful...hes like the adventurer of the prequels. Hes like indiana Jones, hes always wins buy outsmarting his oponents. He also has some of the best lines, and heck he even dies on his own terms. He let Vader kill him in ANH, and chose when he would die.;)
  9. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here's the thing, Obi-Wan's defenses are defeated TWICE by Dooku, and also by Jango Fett. Obi-Wan is great, he's just not the top Jedi in the order in terms of fighting. In other areas, he excels. His connection to the living force seems to be arguably the strongest in the saga. A lot of instances when people say Obi-Wan was "lucky" I think he was really just listening carefully to the force.

BEN: Remember, a Jedi can feel the Force flowing through him.

LUKE: You mean it controls your actions?

BEN: Partially. But it also obeys your commands.
  10. Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Master

star 4
    But we are talking ROTS timeline not AOTC. Obi-Wan learned alot from the last time he beat Dooku. And Jango Fett was just good, I have to give him that. But honestly, in ROTS Dooku was scarred of Obi-Wan's and Anakin's power and the only way to bring thewm down was to seperate them. His saber skills could not penetrate Kenobi's defenses but his use of the force could. He has the power of both the light side and the dark side. Kenobi only has knowledge of the light. Kenobi held his own against Dooku and could not be beaten by way of saber at Dooku's level in ROTS. Dooku hadn't advanced nearly enough to be able to penetrate Kenobi's defenses and he didn't think that Obi-Wan would advance this far. Kenobi nearly bested him.
  11. Chosen_One1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Kenobi nearly bested him.

Are you serious?? He barely lasted 10 seconds if that. He got thrown around twice and he didn't get up the second time.
  12. -maynard- Jedi Knight

star 3
    the novel says otherwise. dooku had to keep from laughing at the two jedi
  13. Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Master

star 4
    Not really. That was when they were just playing with him. Their other forms were just a ruse. They were toying with Dooku and Dooku was too stupid to realize that they were.
  14. DUGGY Jedi Youngling

star 4
    My ObiWan is tougher than your Mace Windu :p
  15. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did I read the parts in bold correctly? Obi-Wan learned a lot from the last time he beat Dooku??? When did he beat Dooku?

And secondly, Dooku absolutely penetrated Obi-Wan's defenses. If you can levitate your opponent in the air while force choking him and then toss him across the room and crush him with a walkway, I'd say you've penetrated his defenses, wouldn't you?
  16. COMMANDER76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't believe people are even entertaining the notion of Obi-Wan beating Mace, Sidious, Dooku, Yoda, or even a focused Anakin.

*Admiral Spock voice* "it's just not logical"
  17. -maynard- Jedi Knight

star 3
    they were masking their styles, but certainly were not toying with him. obi-wan nearly died and palpatine taught anakin to use his fear as anger instead of shrinking back. Dooku also tired and missed his opportunity.

if you see it differently, its a tought sell. i will say that stover makes things a little ambiguous. he seems to favor who ever he is talking about at the moment. he did the same in Shatterpoint
  18. -maynard- Jedi Knight

star 3
    my fellow fan boys are embarrassing me tonight
  19. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We're lucky the kenobi defense force has not discovered this thread!
  20. DUGGY Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Although, whether or Not ObiWan is up to the Level of Anakin, Mace , Yoda ,Dooku, or Sideous, or not. I still would not put it past the Lucky bugger to come out on top. but it would take luck .
  21. COMMANDER76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I rather admire their loyalty.....though it seems to know no bounds of reason

Luke: "So Ben....what were you like in your youth?":confused:
    Kenobi: "I was the most powerful Jedi in the entire Order"[face_cowboy]
    Luke: "Really?.....wow"[face_hypnotized]
    Kenobi: "I can't B.S you kid....I saw more floors than a rug";)
    L&K: "[face_laugh] "
  22. jedi_jacks Jedi Master

star 4
    whew, i dug up my old post.

i hav to say it at least once, great sig yoshifett! too funny!
    -----signature-----
    "Every single base, including your base, are now belong to us."
    "When the moderators learn what has transpired here they will ban us along with our socks."

whatta know, i said it more than once! :)

23. obigonkenobi Jedi Knight

This sounds good, but in human interactions, big decisions are often snap decisions. I think GL was correct to set up the situation as he did. It shows how sometimes a situation forces a course action that you can't take the time to think through. It adds to the drama that Anakin really wasn't in control. He made a snap decision, and then he had to live with it, because there was no going back. That makes Vader's plight all the more dark and sad.

Edit:
    As for Mace going out like a punk, well, he was up against a sith lord and the chosen one. I don't think GL wanted it to be pretty.
  24. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    DUGGY
    Posted:

yoshifett
    posted:

COMMANDER76

posted:

I can't believe people are even entertaining the notion of Obi-Wan beating Mace, Sidious, Dooku, Yoda, or even a focused Anakin.

*Admiral Spock voice* "it's just not logical"

We're lucky the kenobi defense force has not discovered this thread!

Amen to that. The Gusher's would have this thread overflowing with rivers of Obi-love.

I like the duel with Mace vs. Sidious, for me the thing that detracts is the way the posse got dumped. It seemed like it was forced together. Too many revisions, too little footage... led to a crappy edit./>/>/>/>/>
  25. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Guys, let's discuss the topics, not the fans.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.