main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Showing the true power of Anakin and Mace

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by yoshifett, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Because some people are not that enlightened. That's all. I agree. Obi-Wan is chanceless against any of these five characters. As it happens, I have a list of the top 5 fighters in the movies, and it is exactly those five you mention here.

2. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    I concur . but for what it is worth the fight with ObiWan and Anakin was to be chanceless for Obi as well. and that had a different outcome. Anakin being focusless is no excuse.he is way more powerful than ObiWan, has been for years. period. ObiWan has gotten out of many chanceless scenarios time and time again. he's charmed and wiley , and that get's you places.

3. Juggernaut86

Juggernaut86 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    Anakin vs. Mace fight wouldve overshadowed every other fight in the movie

4. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    What do you base that on?

5. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005

I dissagree about Obi-wan being chanceless against Anakin, How would Obi-wan be chancless agaist Anakin, In the movie Obi-wan beat Anakin fair and sqaure, Yoda,Mace,Dooku,Palpatine may be more experianced then Obi-wan but Obi-wan is years more experianced then Anakin. Obi-wan did not beat Obi-wan because he trained him, Anakin uses a diffrent style, Hayden even sayes it on the dvd, Obi-wan won because he is a better fighter then Anakin,

I think that Anakin,Palpatine,Dooku,Yoda are more powerful then Mace,
    But if Anakin battled Mace, Mace would probilly win because he is more experianced.

6. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

The_Chibi_Kiriyama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    In the movie Obi-wan beat Anakin fair and sqaure

I disagree with that one line on so many different levels. So what you're saying is that just because Anakin made a brash decision by jumping over to the high ground instead of sticking to the shoreline Obi-Wan is somehow all-powerful due to the fact that he struck Anakin in the limbs? Mind you, it doesn't have to take a powerful Jedi to realize that when your opponent is that open it may not be the wisest course of action to let him get behind or in front of you. I just don't see how you can put so much faith in Kenobi's fighting skills. He held his own against Grievous in the first place because he blocked efficiently and made sound tactical judgement by rendering Grievous incapable of using four lightsabers against him. He simply repeated the same strategy, only altering it against Anakin by rendering him limb-less. And what did he do in ANH in his fight with Vader? More blocking, just long enough to see that Luke was still fine. All I see in his fighting is a very good defense and nothing more. Had he really locked horns with Anakin offensively I doubt he would have lasted as long as he did.

7. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

Anakin is more powerful but being more powerful does not make him the better fighter, Obi-wan is more experianced and being more experianced is not just Obi-wan being a jedi more longer then Anakin, Scince Obi-wan is more experianced it only makes sense that Obi-wan is a better fighter then Anakin.

8. Ruthio

Ruthio Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    ^yet Kenobi still has his lower half......

9. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

The_Chibi_Kiriyama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    ...I made that point about Obi-Wan having the upper hand in experience already. The blocking efficiency is a byporduct of his battle know-how. Again, my post implied this. What we seem to be forgetting in the last part of your post is that Dooku had even more experience than Obi-Wan and was still decapitated by the even-younger Anakin. However vast experience is between the duelists, experience means little in the heat of a Jedi duel when trying to determine the victor.

Because he survived. And Luke had a prosthetic hand because it was cut off by Vader. I'm not quite sure what this post is supposed to offer in terms of relevancy...

10. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

Anakin beat Dooku by using the dark side, He attcked so fast Dooku did not expect it.

11. camifladge2

camifladge2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2005

How is Obi-wan that weak, he beat Anakin fair and square. But not just by knowing all of his moves but by actually being more experienced. I don't know why all of you say that Obi-wan is the most weakest jedi. You guys are saying you are using George Lucas' quotes but you are not because I never saw George Lucas saying that stuff. The level rankings were just for Nick Gillard when he had to make the moves. There is no proof that Obi-wan is the most weakest jedi master.

12. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

=D= =D= =D= =D= [:D] I agree with your entire post, well said,
    You are right how can Obi-wan be the weakest main charcter, He was the only good guy to win in the end of episode 3, I see alot of posts saying that Obi-wan is the weakest and Obi-wan would get force choked and tossed every single time he battles stronger jedi but I dissagree and how would Obi-wan be chanceless against Anakin, Yoda said that Obi-wan "was not strong enough to fight the Emperor" so Yoda sent Obi-wan to fight Anakin so that means that Obi-wan is not chanceless at all, Even Yoda thinks so himself.

Anakin is way more talented then Mace but Mace would win because he is more experienced then Anakin.

13. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2005
    Yoshifett, I would have loved to seen that battle.

Mace and Anakin, that would have been an awesome fight!

14. Darth_Ambitious

Darth_Ambitious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2004
    Its sad that the video game ROTS makes Anakin's turn more believable than the film. In the game Anakin rlecuctantly stops Mace to save Palpatine but as the fight goes on he becomes engulfed in the dark side and makes the move to kill him. This makes his turn less sudden. In the film out of nowhere he cuts off Mace's hand which is lame

15. yaddidameen

yaddidameen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    quick comparison.

yoda vs sidious thread-pro yoda camp.

"official statements mean nothing. just because the OS, and lucas say sidious overpowered yoda doesn't make it fact. that isn't what was shown on film."

yet when i make the arguement that sidious allows mace to overpower him, i am asked to prove it. official statements say it is legit, but is that what is shown onscreen? i think it's obvious mace take's down sidious, but to a certain rather limited degree sidious allows this to happen.

bearing this in mind, i think anakin would defeat mace windu in more or less the same way he did in the video game.

i believe obi frans made a beautiful point about how anakin's mental state would have kept him from concentrating fully on the moment, but i disagree. i believe anakin's fear of losing padme would have led to an inner anger, the likes of which mace has never seen. this isn't depa on huruun kal, there is no dark jungle, no vast emptiness, no akk guards or kar vastor. this is anakin skywalker we're talking about, the chosen one. pure unbridled fury. anakin letting his years of frustration and anger towards the council out, letting the pain of losing his mother and killing the tusken kids flow into him, practically brimming with hate. hate for mace, for holding him back, keeping him from saving his wife padme. hate for the jedi, for attempting to overthrow the chancellor and the republic (at least in his eyes). if anyone has read the novels (i've read the entire LOE to dark lord trilogy, must read.) you see this anger and really come to understand the how's and why's of anakin's character.

16. Grand_Master_Jedi

Grand_Master_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    If "ALL" of Anakin's alleged fury could not even destroy Obi Wan Kenobi on Mustafar...(They basicly fought in hell ya know)...what makes you think its all of a sudden going to be enough to beat Mace Windu:confused:

If Anakin can't even destroy Kenobi...and is unfocused enough to lose to the man who can't last 30 seconds around Count Dooku upright...I don't see him "magicly" maturing in a Mace Windu duel against a superior opponent.

17. Darth-sennin

Darth-sennin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2001
    Anakin can not beat Obi-wan because Obi-wan is an instrument for dispensing devine justice. He's a tool that the force uses against Anakin to slow Anakin's rise to power, putting him in a better position to fufill his destiny. While Mace is stronger than Obi-wan, he does not have a special relationship with the force and can be destroyed by evil. If Anakin gives it his all, and uses the darkside, I feel that he would destroy Mace as he did Dooku.

To clarify, Obi-wan may not be able to beat Mace or other more powerful jedi, but due to his special relationship with the force, he's "granted" the strength to defeat evil beings more powerful then himself. What all this means in relation to Grand master's question is that Obi-wan's defeat over Anakin was nothing more (or less) than the will of the force, and not an accurate measure of either warrior's ability.

18. DS_Emp_Viper

DS_Emp_Viper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    I find that too be bull. Obi-wan defeated Anakin because he battled him like an idiot. If the "will of the force" always works why did it allow Anakin to go to the darkside? I'll tell you why, because the force didn't decide Anakins destiny, Anakin did.

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Anakin lost because he let his anger get out of control and became totally arrogant. His judgment was clouded and as such, he got spanked for it. If he was thinking clearly, he would've made a small jump or did a Force shove. Something than jumping up a hill and over Obi-wan. Against Mace, Anakin would have the advantage so long as he didn't make the same mistake that he does on Mustafar.

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I would argue that Obi-Wan was the *only* Jedi capable of defeating Anakin in ROTS.

Why?

Because he trained Anakin. And he stayed calm - these 2 factors led to his victory on Mustafar.

21. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003

And it isn't just his physical ability. Yes, Obi-Wan knows Anakin's moves because he trained him, but much more important than that, he's the only one that can get through to Anakin on a mental level. He won on Mustafar because he knew that Anakin would eventually make a mistake due to emotion. But Obi-Wan was still trying to talk sense into him, and if there was a chance that Anakin could be reasoned with then it's Obi-Wan alone who has that ability, and he knows it.

22. Grand_Master_Jedi

Grand_Master_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    If thats the case RS77...then how does Anakin absolutely and quickly destroy Dooku earlier when 1. Dooku is shown to have more skill than Obi Wan Kenobi and 2. Dooku didn't make any mistakes....he was just overpowered.

If Anakin can simply overpower Lord Tyranus in 30 seconds or less....how is a 7-10 minute all-out war with Kenobi on Mustafar even possible? At Anakin's power level and HIS knowledge of Kenobi's defense and counters....he should have enjoyed a bigger advantage than the Dooku duel.

I'm sorry but Anakin losing makes no sense then and it still doesn't now. The fight should have been over before the "jump" ever factored into the equation. People say, "well Kenobi knew Anakin's moves"....guess what? That goes both ways...and it means that Anakin knew his as well. When you fight a superior opponent that is younger/stronger/faster than you....you lose(at the very least you get injured....Kenobi wasn't touched with the lightsaber). Look at Bernard Hopkins....Roy Jones Jr.....the list goes on and on.

23. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    I think that Mace or Yoda could have defeated Anakin. The OS says Yoda is the most powerful practicioner of the light side, which means he must be stronger than Anakin. Lucas said Obi-Wan is more experienced but Anakin is more powerful. Mace and Yoda are superior to Obi-Wan in experience, and they are slightly more powerful than Anakin. I don't see how Anakin would stand a chance against Mace and Yoda if he could lose to Obi-Wan.

24. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    Perfectly said by Farrellg and G_M_J

25. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

I think both Yoda and Palpatine are both extremely more powerful,:)

Yes Obi-wan won against Anakin because he is more experianced and I think Anakin is just slightly more powerful.

Anakin being more powerful does not make him superior, Obi-wan is a Jedi master after all. Obi-wan is years more experianced then Anakin, Anakin only has been a jedi for 13 years. Having more experiance is better then having all that power that Anakin can not even control yet. They both look equely fast but Obi-wan is a better fighter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.