main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Showtime] Your favorite serial killer, Dexter!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBobbalot, Aug 13, 2008.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The show is fantastic. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. Season 1 and 2 can be viewed via Netflix streaming media and Season 3 is available for rent.

Season 4 started out slow, but ended fantastically. I don't think anyone knew where it was going to go. I can't wait for Season 5!

2. Scummy

Scummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Yes. I'd like to see Harry and Rita actively debating in Dexter's head. It would be really interesting, and I can see him completely losing it too. Though I also think he will (to a degree) revert back to how he was in Season 1. At least for a few episodes.

I agree. But I've been predicting Deb finding out every season for a while now.

That would be a really bad ending. I don't really want to see Dexter arrested, ever, but I understand if it is an unpreventable ending. But at the end of season 5? I can't see it being satisfying.

-sj loves kevin spacey[/quote]

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Uh-huh, that's what every serial killer says. :)

4. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    Damn...

Expect some barbie doll legs soon.

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I think a little bit, but the difference is he still has to find a way to take care of Harrison on his own. I predict he'll be in a custody battle over Cody and Astor with the grandparents. However, as I don't think he ever actually adopted the kids I kind of feel he might lose that one. Which will suck. But regardless, he still has his own kid. And how the hell is Dexter going to take care of a kid on his own? I definitely think Deb will help but it's not like she's great with kids either.

Also, I know I have also been predicting Deb will find out for years, but I think with what she's already found out this year, it's looking like more of a reality. Especially if Dexter does start to lose it.

Well, I just mean if this is indeed the last season. Right now it's still only contracted through next season. And considering they write each season all at once, Showtime will have to decide that in the next couple months.

I'm just saying if it does end, that seems like a possibility. Not that she would turn him in if she found out. But I think it would be a huge decision for her. Which is kind of why I hope there's more than one more season. I would like to see Deb have struggles of her own over what to do.

-sj loves kevin spacey[/quote][/quote]

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I FINALLY caught all of season 4, thank goodness for On Demand! :p

I think this was my favorite season yet. The last two shows were simply amazing. I've read the books and love them too, just in a different way. Michael C. Hall really brings Dexter to life. [face_love] I'm hoping they'll bring in the story line of Astor and Cody and their little "problem" in the future. I'm not sure they'll go there, but it would be great.

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wasn't it just fantastic? I still have to read the latest book. But again, I've you to thank for getting me into Dexter Kim! [:D]

8. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    One question, at what point did Arthur find the time to Kill Rita? Anyone able to guess?

And if it's the last season, Dexter should be caught. But I've a vague feeling that he may try and avoid shaming his family.

9. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Aaah. AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I hadn't seen any of Season 4 (no Showtime), and I have to wait for it to come out on DVD to get caught up. I opened this thread hoping that there might be info on the DVD release since it was recently upped.

Spoiler tags, man. HTR the text. SOMETHING!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH!!!!!

10. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    I'm sorry but you lose the right to complain about spoilers this long after the season ended. On the other hand, sorry you got spoiled on such a major shocker, broheim.

11. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    I'm kind of more curious as to how Dexter's dad showed up alive at Debra's door.

12. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Same thing happened to me due to wikipedia, so tough. :D

I is a jerk.

13. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    The thread hadn't been upped since the season ended (and I avoided the thread entirely while it was going on), so I thought there might be info about the DVD release, not plot discussion.

14. Darth Mulacki

Darth Mulacki Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 4, 1999
    Quix, dont worry, even though you been spoiled a little, season 4 is still the most intense so far.

Watch it anyway. I got spoiled as well, but that doesn't take away the pleasure of watching it.

15. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    If you were avoiding spoilers and thought there was news, shouldn't you have been cautious and done at least a rudimentary google search for Dexter DVD release info before entering the thread, rather than relying on others for the info and risking spoilers??

16. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    Yes, but I was thinking about that and saw the upped thread. Seriously, all of the other posts were HTR - I wasn't expecting a question about a major plot point out of the blue.

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm sorry Quix, but the season ended 3 months ago. Nothing from the season should have to be HTR anymore. I am sorry you were spoiled, though. That is obviously a major spoiler :(

Anyway, I'm just letting you know, if we're going to continue to discuss the show in this thread, I'm not going to highlight things from season 4. So maybe you should head out now before you hear more...

So yeah, I don't know if this will be the last season or not. They haven't decided contract stuff beyond this year. I could see it going either way. Honestly, I think part of that might depend on how Michael C. Hall is feeling. My impression is that he's doing okay, but you never know. Storywise, though, I think the show could actually benefit now from at least a season 6. I think 5 might wind up being a season where Dexter kind of goes off the deep end. And I think Deb is going to find out, too. Those are both just things I gather from how last season went, hints and stuff.

As to Trinity having time to kill Rita... I see no problem with this. He left his house and probably headed straight to Dexter's. He didn't head out of town until that night, which is when Dexter went after him. She'd probably been dead for 4-5 hours by the time Dexter found her.

I hope this next season starts up at most a couple days later (funeral?) But personally, I would start it with the police responding on scene. I don't know that I've ever been as excited about the next season as I am now. I think this show could conceivably have more years left in it. We'll see how Showtime feels.

-sj loves kevin spacey

18. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    Season 3 and 4 were cool and all, I still think the best way to end the show would have been for him to get caught or turn himself in at the end of Season 2.

19. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Why do you hate art?

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    The end of season 2 is one of the most awesomely darkly poetic endings to a season of television ever. He gets off the hook, but at a horrible and huge price to others. Dexter's never really had big consequences for himself, though. That's why the season 4 ending is so brilliant. It's finally hit home.

I think he'll come unhinged. We already saw him kill an innocent man by accident. Could that lead to more? I think the other option would be for him to do a 180 on that and become totally closed off. Worse than where he was at the beginning of season 1.

-sj loves kevin spacey

21. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    I was thinking he may try to fight the Dark passenger. Not win maybe, just try. And if he did suceed, he can't change his past. Deb may search around for something there.

22. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    i just got caught up on this show it is neat

23. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    I am also a fan of Dexter. Admittedly, my fav character was the Ice Truck Killer, besides Dexter himself.

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm so stoked for the season to begin. I'm also about to start writing a Dexter spec script for my TV Drama writing class. So I have a great excuse to rewatch and study the show :p I just rewatched season 4 and I think it might be my favorite. Which would be saying a lot because I am a huge fan of season 2.

I don't read spoilers, but I have seen the trailer for this season and wow... I really can't wait to see how this first episode goes to see how this shakes out.

Still no word on if they will go for more seasons. At Comic Con they seemed to just presume they would. Considering its popularity I think Showtime will keep it around a while longer. I think they still have a few great years left, especially with how everything has suddenly changed.

My big bet for the season is that Deb finds out.

-sj loves kevin spacey

25. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    `My big bet for the season is that Deb finds out.'

I'm hoping that's going to be a long tease for this season. :D
    Her finding out would be great. And discovering her Dads part in this too.