Shrek Series

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Moleman1138, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I liked the Holding Out for a Hero song. It fit the Shrek and Friends to the Ball sequence quite well. Wasn't a big fan of Jennifer Saunders. She can't compare with Lithgow.
  2. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well rumor is that he got the role at Diaz's request.

There have also been rumors that he isn't so hawt at the voice over work.
  3. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    But I would have thought he would be good at voice over, doesn't he mime his songs? :p
  4. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You'd think so :p

Apparently lots of people have trouble with it. Ray Romano was just saying how it wasn't until he worked on IA:2 that he really started getting the hang of it.
  5. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I thought there was something fishy back in Shrek 2 that Timberlake would get a role. Not because of Diaz, but the Sir Justin poster hinting at what's to come. I practically forgot Timberlake and Diaz were a couple a litle while back.

6. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    I know this thread is called 'Shrek Trillogy', but I thought that had planned for 4 Shrek movies...
  7. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    There are going to be four. I'd imagine if 3 does really good they'll try for five.
  8. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well when Shrek 3 is out next year and preproduction of Shrek 4 is in order, I PM Obi in a year or and tell him to change the thread title to Shrek Quadrilogy to be correct. ;) :p
  9. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    How about just "Shrek" so that you don't have to go changing it again when they announce #5 :p
  10. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I don't think Obi minds changing the title every couple years. :p

I wonder what else is in the world of Shrek. We've been to the swamp, Duloc, Far Far Away, The Dragon's Keep.
  11. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Upping for Shrek 3 teaser.
  12. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
  13. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    There's better movies next summer without question. Shrek 1 > Shrek 2 > Shrek 3 IMO.
  14. StarWarsFreak444 Force Ghost

star 7
    I can't wait for Shrek the third to come out!!! [face_dancing]

I love the first two! The third will hopefully be the best!!!
  15. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    To me the Shrek series is like Scary Movie better executed, managing to blend in all those fairy tales. How many times can lightning strike for parody.
  16. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I love the part in the trailer where Charming tries to question Pinocchio about Shrek's whereabouts. [face_laugh]
  17. Coruscant Chosen One

star 7
    Pinocchio as a successful politician- whoever knew! :p
  18. Darth_Hydra Force Ghost

star 4
    I saw the trailer last night at/with Eragon. It looks to be really funny and I loved the first two so I'll probably love this one as well.
  19. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    The Pinocchio bit was pretty clever [face_laugh]
  20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    How can you say this so early? I mean, really, based off one teaser trailer?

Next year is a real blockbuster year and I'm not saying this will be the best at all. But Shrek 2 was enormously successful; I see no reason, as of yet, to think of the third so low.
  21. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Shrek 2 didn't win me over completely. Sure it was enjoyable, but there are still better animated films. Shrek 3 seems to be going down the same path. I don't want another adventure in FFA. I want to go back to the swamp and have the same magic the first film had.
  22. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Fair enough, although trying to recycle the swamp magic might not be a good idea. However, recycling the FFA adventure wouldn't work either, you're right.

So here's to hoping they're smart enough to create some new magic... ;)
  23. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    i can't really think of anywhere they'd go beyond the land of FFA or the swamp
  24. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well a month to go and I honestly am not excited for it. Think it'll be lost in the Spidey/Pirates juggernaut shuffle.
  25. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Still no ads for Shrek. I guess the whole Spidey thing has to die in a week or Shrek has no chance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.