Shrek Series

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Moleman1138, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Shrek 3 is going to tank I think. it's not going to stop Spider-Man 3 since Spidey has a good 2 weekends and weeks before Shrek comes on the scene. then Shrek 3 has to deal with POTC: AWE a week later.
  2. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The reason why Shrek 2 did so well in 04 was because it was a babysitting tool. Drop kids off to see Shrek for the afternoon.

3. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    i've never seen any of the Shrek movies in theaters. i've waited till the dvd came out. will probably do the same w/ the 3rd unless someone pays for my ticket
  4. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I saw 2 in the theaters twice. I can say that the second time I saw it was a very uncomfortable experience. And I'll leave it that. Not because of the movie either.
  5. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    now I want to hear this story :p
  6. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    Yeah really, we need to know now.
  7. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    we're still waiting on that story... [face_whistling]

i'm starting to see more TV spots for Shrek The Third
  8. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Old guy - dark theater. Need I say more. (I am not joking either) [face_monkey] Luckily before the situation worsened I moved to the other side of the packed dollar theater.
  9. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    i think i might be seeing this with a friend who wants to see it. although i'll be more excited about the new transformers trailer that is supposed to be shown with it
  10. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    42% at RT. Looks like the box office war will come down to Spidey and Jack.
  11. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have a feeling Shrek will be overlooked. It'll have better legs than Spidey but the total should equal or under it.
  12. Sn4tcH Force Ghost

star 4
    Shrek 3 was pretty okay. I chuckled a couple times, but overall it was pretty mediocre. If I had kids though, this would be sitting in the DVD player quite often. It's definitely not as good as 1 or 2 though.
  13. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well early estimates are saying 39-40 OD
  14. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ouch.
  15. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That's actually good. NO Spidey 3 knock off, but respectable.
  16. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    This one was enjoyable, not as good as the 2nd film, and probably not as good as the first, but sill fun.

However, I demand they bring back the evil trees and Sleeping Beauty for Shrek 4.
  17. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm debating to see it now or wait a while. Thank you work for forcing me there 6-days.
  18. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Saw it Friday. It was decent, but I think Shrek 2 is still the best of the three, IMO. It really could have done with more action and craziness, like the first two, and toned down on the "message."
  19. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    57m - 3 days. Like Pirates i see it finishing better than the first, but substantially lower than the second.
  20. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    I'll just go ahead and say that I was very disappointed in this movie.

What made the previous two movies thoroughly enjoyable were there numerous jabs at not only the fairy tale genre, but pop culture as well. That was sorely lacking in the movie, even though they had ample opportunity. I mean, they could've had a field day with Fiona leading the other princesses and making some references to Cameron Diaz's role in Charlie's Angels, and that's just one example. Although I will say that Eric Idle as Merlin was some inspired casting.

Heck, they could've based an entire movie on Shrek's apprehension about parenthood! Instead, it comes across as a blatant "toy ploy."

All-in-all, I give it a [face_plain]
  21. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    IMDB just confirmed 4 and 5 and luckily that's it. Not including the Puss in Boots Spinoff
  22. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    After seeing PotC (the third film in the trilogy), I'm scared to see this. Does this one ruin the trilogy as well or is it worth seeing?
  23. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm seeing this and Pirates back to back on Friday. I heard it trashes the franchise.
  24. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    See my commentary, a couple of posts above.
  25. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Shrek 2 was torture enough, especially considering the circumstances last time. The first time around wasn't so bad. I'll see it but have low expectations.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.