main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shrek Series

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Moleman1138, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I dunno how they will do two more of these movies.

2. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I just saw part three this weekend, and I have to say that this was pretty much the final nail in the "Shrek Franchise" coffin. I enjoyed being at the movies with my wife and my little girl (who's a huge Shrek fan) but it wasn't until half way through that I realized that the movie itself just wasn't all that good. The battling princesses was great, but the rest of the film was only mediocre. I expected more laughs, and more adventure and this film had neither. Who would have though that you could condense King Arthur's story down to almost nothing and then make it boring to boot?

3. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I enjoyed it well enough, but part 2 is still, by far, my favorite of the three films. For seem reason, the animation looked a lot more crisp, and a little more next-gen to me, for Shrek 3.

4. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    The movie was so general. Shrek 1 was all fantasy. Shrek 2 was just a pop culture commercial. Shrek 3 had neither and was just boring.

5. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Shrek will pass 300 tomorrow. Still doing great surprisingly.

6. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Shrek is now over 300 and is still going strong. How? The movie sucked and it's not like 2 where you can go the theater and have it babysit your kids.

7. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.