main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shriner's Hospital Visit, March 29, 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    From Jeff, CO of Garrison Carida:

I am pleased to announce that the Garrison will be attending our 3rd annual Shriners Hospital Event on March 29th, 2003 at 1:00 pm.

The Address is:
    3551 North Broad Street
    Phialdelphia, Pa. 19140
    215-430-4164

More to follow as we get closer to the event.

Regards,

Jeff Romanoff
    TK-0076
    C/O Garrison Carida
    "First to Advance-Last to Retreat!"

2. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Those of you who want to attend this, please let me know so I can communicate numbers to Jeff at Garrison Carida. I'm sure they'll want a count. Thanks!
    J

3. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    If for some reason I can not attend ICON, then I will go to Shriner's instead.

4. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    I just found out Icon is 90 minutes away from where Zippy lives...so that means no 'Hotel Zippy' for Icon. That may help you make your decision since hotel rooms will be required. I may not be going b/c of that too...or I may just go up to Icon for a day.

5. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    You can count on Em and I to do Shriner's.

6. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    No Hotel Zippy!!!!
    Well hmmm....I'll have to think about that now. No extra $$ after getting my new pc.
    :(

7. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Since I don't have the money for ICON, I am now going to this event. Jenni, please let Jeff know, thanks.

8. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I will be attempting to put together a costume in time for this event. Can't promise anything yet, but I intend to be there, if I can.

9. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Reminder: Please PM or email Wendy directly to confirm your attendance at this event no later than March 20, 2003. Wendy will act as KofP group coordinator for this event since I will not be attending. Also I will be unavailable from March 18-26 since I'm going to Ireland. She will be in contact with Jeff, the CO of Garrison Carida to confirm details closer to the date of the hospital visit.

Wendy - I will be in touch with Jeff this week (and cc you) to confirm your role in my absence.

Thanks!
    Jenni

10. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Just a reminder, you don't have to have a costume to attend this event. We can always use people in "street clothes" to help take pictures for the children and pass out toys.
    This event is quickly approaching and I need to let the 501st know how many people are expected to show.

Thanks in advance! :)

11. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
  12. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I know that you all want a committment by the 20th, but I am going to need a little more time than that...

My wife is currently unemployed, so I have no clue what the future holds beyond the current day.

I was wanting to go to ICONS with the rest of my FF, but that is pretty much out...

But, if my wife doesn't have a job by then, I may have to start taking more PT jobs to try and make it.

13. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, real post this time... :D

It looks good for me to go with ya'll to the hospital visit, now unfortunately, barring a miracle, I will be sans costume.

14. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    David,
    Glad to see you back in our ranks! Of course, late congratulations on the birth of your daughter are in order! :)

I will not be at Shriner's but I look forward to seeing you at events/activities in the future. Like Wendy has said we always need non-costumed individuals at charity and hospital events to assist in different ways. :)

~J

15. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    If any of you aren't sure about going to Shriner's, email Wendy and let her know you are a 'tentative' attendee but won't know for sure til closer to the date. We gave a date b/c this visit is not our event, it's Garrison Carida's and we try to give them as much info upfront as possible when we attend with them. Also sometimes hospitals limit numbers so the Garrison likes to have a count. That's not likely this visit. Go have fun and make kids smile!

:)

16. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Just a reminder, time's running out. Please post here or pm me if you are going. I will have more info to post very soon about this event.

17. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Mal, I am still unsure of where I am going to be on Saturday.

My first priority is Icons, because it would be my first SW convention.

But, I will be interviewing with Best Buy about a PT job this week...if I am hired right away, I will be working over anything else.

I can not make a decision before I have all of my cards lined up.

Making money, is first and foremost.

However, if I can do Shriner's...I will be in Plain Clothes.

Sorry.

18. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Here are the final details for this event provided by Jeff from the 501st:

The hospital is at Broad St. & Erie Ave. It is actually attached to Temple
    Univ Hospital for Children. The driveway is to the left, just off Broad St.
    Tell Security, that you are with the Star Wars Event. Kristan McGuckin should
    be our contact. If not, just ask them to contact the Child Life Dept.
    Everything should go well. We'll see you there.

Regards,

Jeff Romanoff
    TK-0076
    C/O Garrison Carida
    "First to Advance-Last to Retreat!"

Please email or pm me if you are planning to attend or have any questions.

19. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Best to everyone doing the hospital visit tomorrow. I'm sure Wendy will give me a full report on your return. :)

~Jenni

20. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    Have fun everyone....

21. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok, if you are planning to attend and have not contacted me yet, pm me asap. I am plannning a convoy in the morning to Shriner's.
    Anyone going to ICON: Have a great time!!!

22. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Mal...I gotta go...but I know I can not make Icons...so, I am probably going to call you about showing up.

Plain clothes of course...

23. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    A big thanks to both Rick & Daivd for showing up!!!! It was great to see you both again. Everyone had a great time and I think the kids did too, walking away with arm fulls of new toys!! :)
    Next time the Jedi/Rebels need to finally out number those troopers though!! lol
    And on a final note, no one stepped on my cloak - YEAH!!

24. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, Wendy, I really don't need to be thanked for showing up since I loved being there. I enjoyed getting to know the guys from Carida and seeing the kids have fun. It was great, I look forward to doing more with the group and hope to have a costume before too long.

Though, I am now feeling the pull of the Dark Side, and may have a Imp Officer costume made like Jason's.

25. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    I had a great time as always. It really is awesome doing this for those kids.. It was good to see Wendy, Dave and everyone from Carida again. Let me know when the next one is and I'll be there. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.