main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shroud of the Dark Side (Completed 11/1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Here's a new fic, kind of an AU to one of my other stories, "Rising Hope, Rising Darkness". (Note: Reading this story is not really required, but I'd suggest you look at the ending, at the very least.) Hope you'll find it interesting!

The Galactic Empire

Eclepsa Jade, Empress
    Luke Skywalker, Imperial Consort
    Ben Skywalker, Dark Lord
    Admiral Vana Dorja, Captain of the Ruler's Right
    Ephin Saretti, Imperial Governor, Core Systems
    Queen Mother Tenel Ka Djo, Ruler of the Hapes Consortium
    Fyor Rodan, Proconsul of Coruscant
    Peigi Isard, Imperial Intelligence
    Jacen Solo Djo, Commander, Hapan Elite Guard
    Gara Petothel, Intelligence operative

The Rebels
    Kyp Durron, Jedi Master
    Leia Organa Solo, Jedi Master
    Lowbacca, Jedi Knight
    Tahiri Veila, Jedi Knight
    Wedge Antilles, Rogue Leader
    Iella Wesseri Antilles, Intelligence Coordinator
    Gavin Darklighter
    Garik "Face" Loran, Intelligence operative

The Chiss
    Hess'iriola'nuruodo, Syndic
    Jagged Fel, Assistant Syndic
    Jaina Solo Fel

Prologue

The lightsabers clashed, blue-white blade against red-white blade, in an eerie resemblance to Luke Skywalker's confrontation with Darth Vader in the bowels of Cloud City on Bespin. The two women had all but demolished the throne room, and the glass pane of one of the windows had been shattered, leaving a hole in the wall. Luke Skywalker and his son remained to one side, out of the way of the raging battle. The Millennium Falcon remained overhead, Han and Leia aboard, and ready to sweep in for the rescue.

The two women continued, one pressing the attack, driven by the Dark Side of the Force, while the other defended, getting in a lunge every so often. What followed would imprint itself on the history of the galaxy. Either the Republic would live, or it could find itself mortally wounded. The attacker stepped forward, and lashed out, not just with the lightsaber, which was blocked by the defender's azure blade, but with the Force as well. Her opponent, now near the gaping hole, stepped backward, off balance. Her foot caught on the sill, and she felt herself fall back. Her free hand flailed, seeking purchase on anything to keep from falling. Nothing presented itself, and she tumbled back, a look of shock and remorse on her face.

"NO!" Luke screamed, his face contorting with anguish. He rushed to the window to see her body fall, seeming to be in slow-motion. For a moment, it seemed like he would leap through the hole to follow her, but the other woman pulled him back, just before the body hit the ground.

As he watched his grief-stricken father be led away, Ben Skywalker's heart turned to ice. His father had failed to save her. The Force had betrayed his family, once again. And there could be no forgiveness for that betrayal.

Shroud of the Dark Side

"The shroud of the Dark Side has fallen." - Yoda

30 years later

"The Empress commands you to make contact," Admiral Vana Dorja said, approaching the lone figure who stood at the viewport on the bridge of the Super Star Destroyer Ruler's Right. His back was to her as he observed the small flames of explosions on the planet below, the work of the troops completing the action against the rebel traitors. Why, he wondered, couldn't they see the truth?

"Thank you, Admiral," he said, turning and fixing his gray eyes on her. Once, they had been filled with laughter. Now, they were as cold as the skies on Hoth. "I believe you can see to the completion of the mopping up here. Alert me when the Rebel ringleader is aboard."

"As you wish, my Lord," Dorja said. For a moment, she almost pitied the ringleader. Lord Skywalker was in a particularly foul mood today.

++++++++++++

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Mara! and Ben evil! Gasp!

3. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Dammit - I was gonna use this title for an upcoming TNE story!! :p Ah, well. This one gets the ol' heart pumping, though - talk about your different veins! Get in here and read, people!!!

4. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    I read. You knocked my socks off! Therefore I posted.

This is going to be as good as your Fett stories Tych-sel!

5. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Yeah, yoda, it was too bad about Mara. But you have to know that it would take something drastic to turn Ben.

Whoops! Sorry 'bout that, Sebby. But I just got an idea that might solve that problem. As for different veins, I figured it was time for a change.

Glad you liked it, PROPHET. Hope you'll continue to follow this one!

And here's the next part! Just a nice, short little post.

Ben Skywalker strode from the bridge, his black cloak billowing slightly as he retreated to his private chambers. He activated the hologram pod, an bowed his head, the light glinting slightly as it reflected off his golden hair, cropped short and even.

The image of the Empress appeared before him. She didn't favor the grandiose form of address supposedly used by the Emperor. "The suppression of the insurrection is all but over?"

"It is," Ben said. "The ringleader is being brought aboard as we speak."

"I think you will find that the Jedi are behind this." A few of the Jedi had escaped the Empress' purges of those that refused to accept her leadership. Ben thought of his own efforts in hunting down the rebellious Knights.

"Who could be leading them?" Ben asked.

"I believe you will find that the ringleader may have that information," the Empress replied. "Once he is aboard, you are to bring him to Coruscant."

"It shall be as you command," Ben said, bowing his head. The image of the Empress vanished. Ben rose, and proceeded to the commdesk. "This is Lord Skywalker. Once the ringleader is aboard, detach two squads of stormtroopers to set up the garrison."

"Yes, my Lord," Dorja said.

++++++++++++

Tomorrow we'll see some more of the Empress. And perhaps get some ideas into her plans.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

6. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    who is the ring leader I wonder...

7. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    You'll find out soon enough, yoda. Just not today.

The Empress settled back in her throne after concluding her conversation with Skywalker. He was, she realized, the one who would ultimately have to take up the throne when she died. Not that such an instance would occur soon, she hoped. But she knew that all life inevitably ended, and she would not allow her Empire to fall apart upon her death, as Palpatine's had. She reached for a control on the arm of the throne. "Open a channel to the Fountain Palace on Hapes."

The Hapan Queen appeared in holographic form before the Empress, her head bowed. Though the Empress allowed the Hapans to maintain some autonomy, the Queen Mother knew that ultimately, she served at the pleasure of the Empress. "You require something, my Empress?" Tenel Ka asked. It had, the Empress recalled, taken some time to break the warrior woman's spirit, but the threat of having her entire Consortium wiped out had brought the woman around.

"If my memory serves, shortly after your rise, you created a group of elite guards, trained in detecting Force-users."

"That is correct, Empress. My husband currently leads them."

"Of course. I will need to borrow them, temporarily."

"But Empress, that would leave Hapes vulnerable to invasion."

"I'm sure your own skills are adequate to protecting the Cluster from invasion. Or will it be necessary for me to appoint a Governor after all? I cannot risk losing Hapes, and if the Queen cannot secure her own borders..." She let the statement hang, knowing that the meaning would not be lost on the Hapan woman.

"We shall manage. My husband will report to you as soon as transport can be arranged. Will that be sufficient?"

"It will do for now. I believe everything remains stable within the Consortium?"

"There was a minor uprising on one of the outer worlds, but it was put down quickly enough. The ringleaders have been arrested, though I have not passed judgment upon them as of yet."
    "See that things remain as they are."

"I shall endeavor to do so, Empress."

The Empress cut the communication. With the Hapan team under Skywalker's command, it would be only a matter of time before the remaining Rebels were hunted down. The Empress suspected that Jaina Fel might have something to do with the uprisings, but her husband's position in the Chiss military protected her from the Empress' wrath. One of these days, the Empress knew, a confrontation would take place between her forces and those of the Chiss. On that day, the Chiss would submit, as the Hapans had, or they would be destroyed.

++++++++++++

That's all for now. More to come tomorrow!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Now I wonder who the empress is. I'm surprised at Tenel Ka.

9. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    You'll understand, I think a little more of why TK's behaving the way she is in my next post, yoda. As for who the Empress is, take a closer look at the first part. That should give you an idea.

Tenel Ka fumed. She knew that the only thing keeping her in control of the Consortium, the only reason that the Consortium still existed, was that the Empress wished it to be so. Tenel Ka often wondered what had happened to her independent spirit, the one that allowed her to defy Hapan custom and train as a Jedi.

"Another Imperial demand?" Jacen Solo asked, coming up behind her and kneading her shoulders with the tips of his fingers. He knew what was going on in his wife's mind, he himself regretting the loss of Tenel Ka's independence. But he knew that it was better to live temporarily as a servant, and to look towards perhaps one day being able to become an ally, and not simply a tool in the hands of the Empress.

"I think she's planning a Jedi hunt," Tenel Ka said, sighing as Jacen's fingers worked at the knot of muscles that had bunched up during her conversation with the Empress. "She's requested your presence on Coruscant."

"Not entirely a surprise," Jacen said, coming around to sit beside his wife. The right side of his face still bore some light scars from the torture he had endured while the Empress sought to break Tenel Ka's spirit. Perhaps it is for such reasons, he thought on more than one occasion, that the old Jedi were not allowed to love. "I'll alert the Guard to prepare for departure."

"Not yet, my husband," Tenel Ka said. "The transport will not be ready until the morning. We shall have at least one more night."

++++++++++++

You'll get to see the Rebels for the first time in tomorrow's post.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

10. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Our empress is obviously the one who killed Mara. Is it {highlight please in case of spoiler) Eclepsa?Simple yes or know will do.

11. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Yech - Jacen/TK. :p I was wondering the same thing as Yodaminch, meself.

Another thing I was wondering is, what's Ben's Sith name? Is he a Darth yet? ;)

12. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    The Empress is indeed who you guessed it is, yoda.

I know you don't really care for TK, Sebby. Maybe I can find an excuse in this fic to kill her off. ;) As far as Ben's name goes, he hasn't changed it. Perhaps at the urging of his father???

The Rebels, there were still too few of them to really call themselves an Alliance, heard the report from Kashyyyk with horror. Not only had the Wookiees failed in their attempts to wrest control of their tree-covered homeworld from the Empress' grasp, but the leader sent to organize the attempt had been captured. Even now, he was being brought up to the flagship to undergo interrogation.

The Rebels realized that they probably wouldn't see the Wookiee again. Some had reported that the Empress had means of utterly destroying those who rose up against her. Others reported that once captured, suicide would be better than facing her wrath.

"We can't simply abandon him," Leia Organa Solo argued. Her hair, once brown, was now all but totally white. Some wondered just how much more this woman would have to sacrifice for the galaxy. Her homeworld of Alderaan had been destroyed, her brother was now bound to the Empress, and her nephew now served the Dark Side as the right hand of the Empress.

"The Dark Lord has apparently been summoned back to Coruscant," Iella Antilles added, after perusing the information on a datapad handed to her by Garik "Face" Loran, onetime child actor turned intelligence operative. "Apparently, our source on Coruscant must be more highly placed than the initial reports indicated."

"Or else they're onto him," Kyp Durron said, his face half hidden in the shadows of the dimply lit room on Ryloth. Kyp always seemed to tend towards caution, a trait he hadn't been known for in the old days of the New Republic. The room had been swept thrice by Iella's people, then the adjoining rooms scanned as well, both for listening devices, and, through the Force, listeners as well. "I wouldn't put it past Isard."

Peigi Isard was, perhaps, an even more formidable force against the Rebels than the Empress herself. While the Empress may be the ultimate enemy, Isard was the one the Rebels were more afraid of. She was the illegitimate granddaughter of former Imperial Intelligence head Armand Isard, through an illegitimate son. The Rebels also knew that she was just as relentless as Isard's daughter, Ysanne, had been.

"I think this message is probably genuine," Face said. "The question is, just how much can we get from him without blowing his cover?"

"Are we sure it's a him, even?" Leia asked.

"Does it really matter?" Wedge Antilles asked. Now too old to fly in even his own opinion, Wedge's mind was still as sharp as ever. His tactics had, on at least a half-dozen occasions, gotten Rebels out from the jaws of Imperial traps. "If they're calling the Dark Lord back, something big is in the works."

"Which means we're going to have to lie lower than normal," Kyp said, the debacle in the Hapes Cluster still fresh in his mind, when Jysella Horn had been caught on an espionage mission and executed. "My guess is that they think Jedi are involved."

The meeting broke up soon afterward, the various leaders departing separately to avoid attracting attention. Each had their assignments. missions which would lay the foundation for the campaign to come. Eventually, they would make their presence known. And then the tyrant Empress would find herself on the other side of the credit.

++++++++++++

I have to say, the post for tomorrow isn't one that I enjoyed writing. But I promise, it has its purpose.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

13. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I am enjoying this darkness. And Jysella was excecuted? Excellent. Was she shot? Tortured? Thrown of a building? Other?

Look forward to tomorrow's post.

14. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Great stuff, Tych. Just wanted to drop by to let you know that you have another reader. :)

JMA

15. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Yup, yoda, Jysella was executed. I'll leave it up to each reader, however, to decide the manner.

Glad to see you here, JMA. I hope you'll stick around for the rest of the ride!

It really was an impressive decision on the part of the Empress, Fyor Rodan thought as he considered the most recent shipment. As the Proconsul, he was required to look over each shipment before it could be put on display in the various sector markets of Coruscant. While he rarely let this duty affect him, others would consider it repulsive.

Slavery was something that no government had been able to truly stamp out. The Old Republic had tried, and the Old Empire, the Empire of Palpatine, had actually endorsed it in certain situations. The New Republic had almost succeeded in eliminating the trade, but like the Old Republic, had failed to completely destroy it. Placing leaders of Rebel cells into bondage kept them from becoming martyrs, Rodan knew. This way, they could be put to work serving the Empire.

Rodan looked over the current lot, and came upon one individual who attracted his attention. The lieutenant in an uprising on Chandrila, she had been caught in a sweep by Imperial Intelligence. The fact that she had actually survived interrogation by Isard spoke volumes of her. She would, Rodan, thought, be an interesting challenge. Keying his comm, Rodan contacted the supplier and requested that she be delivered to the Dark Lord as soon as he arrived on Coruscant.

It never hurt, Rodan thought, to have friends in high places. And Ben Skywalker, as the son of the Imperial Consort, seemed to be the next in line for the Imperial throne. Perhaps, Rodan thought, Skywalker could offer the suggestion that Rodan be promoted to Governor. Not here in the Core, since that district was still firmly in Saretti's control, but perhaps in one of the outlying sectors...

++++++++++++

More with the Empress coming tomorrow, and we'll get a brief glimpse of Luke. Yup, ol' Master Skywalker is still around.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

16. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Man, I can't wait to see what Luke is like in this. Keep up the quality work, Tych! :cool:

JMA

17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I swore I replied to this. Anyways now there is a second chance. For Rodan's Death.

18. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Well, you'll get your wish then, JMA. Though this primarily focuses on the Empress, you'll get a brief glimpse of Luke tonight.

Yup, yoda, you get to start the cries for Rodan's death all over again. Maybe I'll actually listen this time! :D

The Empress left the throne room, making her way to one of the upper levels of the palace. The further one went up, the more private the rooms became. One of these upper levels contained a set of large empty rooms that the Empress used for practice. Today, she had requested that three of the dueling droids be prepared. Based on a design used by Darth Vader, each droid was as lethal as could be expected from a machine. She shrugged off the dark cape, giving her a bit more freedom to move.

She ignited her lightsaber, and which in turn caused the three droids to activate. The walls of the room contained enough weaponry to arm a squadron of stormtroopers, and the droids didn't waste any time in making for those weapons. One pulled an old-style electropole from the wall, while grabbing a virbro-ax in the other hand. A second pulled a pair of vibroblades from the wall. The third took up a lightsaber.

The three droids began circling the Empress, attempting to determine just where to strike. The one with the vibroblades hung back, knowing that the reach of its weapons was far inferior to that of the others. The electropole was jabbed in towards the Empress, but she pivoted on one heel, and brought her lightsaber around, severing the pole. As she did so, the lightsaber-bearing droid advanced, swinging the energy blade as if to disembowel the Empress. She flung the blade around to block it, but the power of the droid's blow sent it flying from her hand.

She slid between its legs, already calling the hilt back to her hand, while her right foot kicked out, sending the first of the two vibroblades flying. She used the leg of that droid as a pivot point, while at the same time jabbing upward with the lightsaber, short-circuiting the droid's power systems. She rose in time to avoid an attack from the first droid, who charged in, swinging the ax with all its considerable might. The Empress leapt over the blade and stabbed down, the red blade searing through the cranium of the droid. She then turned to find that the final droid had been removed from the playing field. The second of the vibroblades picked up by the second droid had gone flying upon that machine's failure. It had, by an unlucky twist of fate, ended up imbedded in the neck of the last droid. The Empress reached out, and shoved it backwards. The droid clattered to the floor.

"A fine performance," a voice said from behind, and the Empress turned to find Luke Skywalker standing there. His hair had gone almost white, with only a few hints of blond left. This was in direct conflict with the clothes he wore, a tunic of black, black pants, and high black boots. The Empress had learned to put up with this sort of dress, especially when no appearances were scheduled. She knew that Luke still mourned the death of his wife, and that he would likely do so for the rest of his life.

"It sufficed," the Empress said, brushing a strand of reddish hair from her now sweaty face. "It's getting too easy."

"You're never going to find a droid that can match a live opponent," Luke said. "I hear you summoned my son."

"That's right. This kriffing rebellion has gone on long enough."

"They want the freedom that they used to have, Empress."

"Formal today, are we?" the Empress said. Yet another thing she had grown used to about Luke. No matter how many years passed, he would never accept her as a wife. That role was for Mara Jade alone, and even the Empress could do nothing about it. He remained as her Consort, but there was no true love between them. "This rebellion will be crushed. Once the rebels have been eliminated, I can begin to allow the sectors more freedom." She then slipped from the room, leaving the Imperial Consort alone with the wreckage of the droids.

"A promise they

19. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Luke You wimp! Fight back. Actually I hope Ben kills him.

20. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    You want to see Ben kill Luke, yoda? Are you nuts? Trust me, there's more to Luke here than there appears to be, I promise. And now, off to check in on Jaina and Jag.

"The Empire's rattling the saber again," said Syndic Jagged Fel as he entered the small house on Csillia that he shared with his wife and their daughter, Mara.

"Another strike on Niraun?" Jaina asked, judging from the tone of Jag's voice that there was more to this than mere "saber-rattling."

"Not what I'd call a strike," Jag replied, heading over to the cooler and pulling out a bottle. He took a look at the label, shook his head, and Jaina thought she heard him mutter, "too new."

"You realize that she's not going to stop. One of these days," Jaina said, turning to face her husband, "she's going to launch an all-out attack."

"Not if we don't provoke her," Jag said, finally pulling a bottle out and grabbing a pair of glasses. He jerked his head back towards the apartment's two bedrooms. "She's asleep, right?" he asked as he sat, or flopped rather, onto the couch beside his wife.

"Why do you ask?" Jaina replied, trading Jag a question rather than directly responding. "Youi wouldn't be thinking of something...romantic?" A glint of mischief sparkled in Jaina's brown eyes, and she enjoyed her husband's momentary discomfiture. It wasn't often that she was able to catch jag off guard.

"That depends, Jag said, leaning in and giving her a quick kiss, "on what you call romantic."

Jaina couldn't stop a slight giggle from escaping as the hair of Jag's goatee tickled her cheek. "She's at your sister's, if you must know. She left early this afternoon, saying something about a party."

"Good," Jag said. "Wyn ought to be able to keep her busy. At least, long enough for us to have one night of peace and quiet." He popped the cork on the bottle, and poured the wine into the glasses. "Alderaanian wine," he said. "It was not small feat to acquire it, believe me."

"Don't tell me. It's one of the last bottles shipped offworld before Tarkin's toy blew up the planet."

"Well," Jag said, then decided to just leave it at that. This was one night that he wasn't going to let intergalactic politics play with his relatively small amount of spare time. Like his father, the legendary Soontir Fel, Jag was kept busy trying to head off probes by the forces of the Empire as well as keeping the dangers of the so-called Unknown Territories from escaping into the galaxy proper. He remembered one argument with Jaina, when she had suggested that it might be better to let them sweep in and take out the Empire. Jag had laid all out then, including the fact that it even one of these races ever amassed enough firepower to knock out the Empire, it would mean the end for the Chiss as well.

"You're right," Jaina sighed. I suppose that this means either something very special is going to be going on, or you're taking off again."

"Or both," Jag said, grinning as his right hand toyed with a lock of Jaina's brown hair. A few traces of gray had slipped in over the years, but Jag didn't really care. He wouldn't have wanted her any other way.

"Iriola's growing a little tired of these assaults on our space," Jag said. "The Council has decided to send an official envoy to Coruscant. They just received word confirming that any envoy would be welcomed. Meanwhile," and here his green eyes glittered like emeralds, "they want somebody to try and make contact with the Rebels."

"You're going to be part of that envoy," Jaina guessed.

"You got it in one," Jag said. "But that's not all. Iriola's decided that one Fel isn't going to be enough."

"You know what she'll do if I..."

"I know," Jag said, holding up a hand before Jaina could finish. "She's decided that Mara should accompany us."

"There is no way you're taking my daughter into that nest of vipers!" Jaina shouted, nearly overturning the table as she jumped up. Jag stood more slowly after his hand shot out to grab the bottle.

"I was in command of a fighter s

21. Lord_Darth_Yodaminch

Lord_Darth_Yodaminch Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2003
    How fitting naming the child Mara.

22. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    I thought it seemed appropriate, yoda. It'll be interesting to see Luke's reaction when she shows up.

The shuttle landed outside the Imperial Palace. It wasn't the old one - that had been obliterated by the Rebels in their retreat from Coruscant. The Empress had ordered construction of a new palace, one that was softer in its outward appearance, but just as strong as the palace Palpatine had constructed. Ranks of stormtroopers stood outside, but the Dark Lord passed them by without a glance. He entered a private turbolift, which took him to the upper floor of the public section of the palace.

His destination was the throne room, and at least one tourist threw himself out of the way of the oncoming Dark Jedi. He preferred the use of that title, rather than "Sith." To call himself a Sith would be to firmly cast himself as the heir apparent, and perhaps even appear to be a threat to the Empress. The Jedi had been crushed, and keeping that in his title made it clear that she still held power firmly.

The Dark Lord passed ranks of stormtroopers within the throne room as well, all standing at rigid attention. Beyond them were the usual courtiers and sycophants, each hoping to get a word with the Empress. He also passed them without a second thought. Beyond them stood the Governor, Ephin Saretti, and Coruscant?s proconsul, Fyor Rodan.

Ben paused a moment to speak with the Governor, and made sure to ignore Rodan. he had never liked the man, especially after he heard of the attempt on his uncle that Rodan had arranged. His father had stopped that, but Ben had never liked Rodan. The man seemed to be a weasel. Finally, Ben reached the open space at the end, kept clear by the threat of the Royal Guard, three on either side of the dais. And seated in a pair of thrones on the dais were the Imperial Consort, Ben?s father, and the Empress.

?My Empress,? Ben said, dropping to his knee and bowing his head.
    ?Rise, Lord Skywalker. What word of the rebellion on Kashyyk??

?The Rebels have been defeated. Kashyyyk is once again within the fold of the Empire, where she belongs.?

?Excellent,? the Empress said, standing, and stepping forward, half blocking Ben?s view of his father. ?Dismissed,? she said, her voice soft, yet echoing through the entire room. An old Force trick, Ben knew, but it had the desired effect. Rodan looked as though he wanted to say something to Ben, but thought better upon seeing the look in the Empress? eye. The room quickly cleared, leaving them alone, except for the six guards.

?Leave us,? the Empress said to the guards, who silently left the room, their red robes not even a whisper on the stone floor. ?I presume you questioned the leader of the Rebels yourself??

?I did. His name is Lowbacca, and he considers himself a Jedi Knight.?

?Rather an odd claim to make so proudly,? the Empress said. ?I thought that I had rounded up most of your father?s students,? she said, almost ignoring the reaction from Luke. Ben, however, caught the reaction, the slight bunching of muscles around his father?s jaw. ?Where is he now??

?He remains under guard aboard Ruler?s Right. I can have him brought down here.?

?No. I shall accompany you up to the Destroyer. You will conduct the next interrogation there, in my presence.?

That means he won?t be shown any mercy, Luke thought. Something has to be done here, and soon.

++++++++++++

Next post should be up tomorrow.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

23. Lord_Darth_Yodaminch

Jul 11, 2003
    Poor Lowie. Die Empress die. Actually no Die Rodan Die!

24. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    You just get more violent all the time, yoda. What's up with that?

He had long ceased to struggle against the chains that bound him. Instead, the Rebel ringleader had slipped into a deep meditation, so deep that the guard had summoned a medic, just to make sure that he was still alive. After all, it wouldn't do for him to die before he gave up the information he held secret. The Empress, the guard knew, was coming aboard to complete the interrogation.

Inside the cell, the Wookiee hung, large shackles encircling his massive wrists. His weapons had been taken from him when he was captured, and he had no doubt that the primary weapon had long since been destroyed. That, however, didn't tear hope from him. In fact, he chose rather to consider other matters. When he escaped, he would have valuable information for the Rebellion. Moreover, he would have confronted the tyrant face to face, something no Rebel had done and walked away from.

Some of his fur littered the floor, falling as one of the guards had used an energy whip to try and pry the information from him. They wanted to know where the Rebel base was located, something that even Lowbacca, as the leader of a cell, couldn't tell them. It wasn't because he didn't know, but rather due to the fact that there was no organized center for the Rebellion. This new Empire thought that it was dealing with a new Rebel Alliance. In reality, it was a loose confederation of cells, whose leaders shared common goals.

He wondered, at this moment, what the Empress had in store for him. He had, so far, been put through sonic disruption, which really irritated his sensitive hearing, and through physical punishment. Lord Skywalker, who was merely a shadow of his father and mother's greatness, had tested him using the Force, but had, apparently, not gotten what he wanted. Now, Lowie knew that the Empress herself would be arriving for the next interrogation.

Lowie slipped within himself, using the Force gather his strength. The shackles around his wrists were there for a reason. the charge they carried should be enough to stun him and stop him from escaping, a feat which he had already attempted. His will to live would be his only solution now, he knew. His will, and his trust in the Force.

++++++++++++

A certain spy will make an appearance tomorrow.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

25. Lord_Darth_Yodaminch

Jul 11, 2003
    My anger is not real just playing along in phantom. Plus I am in the dark parts of all my fics and it helps my writing.

Poor lowie. Die Rodan. Die

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.