main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shrouded by Darkness (JA - Obi-torture, Qui-angst, mystery)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Firedrake88, Sep 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Nice descriptions on Obi-wan's injuries.

I just love Obi torture. Who cares if it's sick; I'm proud of it.

2. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Someone beat him? Was it the guy who escaped? Cause when Qui finds him there's gonna be a butt kicking...............

3. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    [face_shocked] [face_shocked]
    OH MY GOD POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR OBI-WAN
    PLEASEE POST SOON :_|

4. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Oooo! That was beautiful! Yes, we are very sick, but life is good when reading Obi-torture! ;)

Great post! :)

More soon please! :D

5. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    UP! :)

6. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Who is this mystery man that did this to Obi.Maybe a different storyline,and its his father.Great post.Will be checking tomorrow for another.THANX PEACE Ewen

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    I can't BELIEVE I missed all those posts! eek! And they were SOOOOO good! What happened? Nice, detailed and GORY descriptions! :D

8. Firedrake88

Firedrake88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Okay, this post is kinda boring, but don't worry, it gets better! Thanks for all the FB!

The waiting area was designed to calm people but the soothing colors did little to ease my mind. I couldn't get Obi-Wan's face out my head. His small, blood-covered and tear-stained face floated in front of my eyes like a vengeful apparition. I couldn't rid myself of the horrible image.

I let myself slump down into one of the many comfortable chairs the waiting room had to offer and covered my face with my hands. Force, I had never felt so helpless in my life. Obi-Wan's life hung in the balance, I was sure of it. I was halfway glad that I couldn't use our bond to judge the extent of his injuries. What I had seen was enough to almost terrify me. Obi-Wan had been beaten?tortured?

Tortured by who? The question rang loudly in my mind. Who would do this to my Padawan? He had only been on a handful of missions and we had only left the Temple once since returning from Telos. He didn't have any enemies. Of course he had his rivals at the Temple but no Jedi would ever do this to a child. It had to have been someone from outside the Temple. But who? And how did this person break into the Temple unnoticed?

There were so many unanswered questions. An investigation had to be started, I knew. I didn't want to leave the healers though. I couldn't leave. I wouldn't leave until Obi-Wan was well enough to leave with me.

My mind felt so empty without Obi-Wan there. I wanted so badly to do something to help him but all I could do was wait. I hated being this helpless. I needed to be doing *something* to save my Padawan. I was no healer though, and I would not leave to perform an investigation. No one would pry me from this room.

?Master Jinn?? An inquisitive young voice reached my ears and momentarily pushed away my thoughts.

I looked up. A young girl, probably only a few years older than my Padawan, stood before me. She was reasonably tall, very skinny and had long black hair that she wore up in a bun. I knew I should have recognized her but my mind was too troubled to figure out who she was. ?Yes?? I asked softly.

?I'm Jewel, a friend of Obi-Wan's. Are you feeling ill? Do you want me to go find one of the healers to take a look at you? I can examine you myself, if you want,? the girl offered, obviously not aware of the reason I was here. She thought *I* was sick.

Jewel. The named clicked in my mind. Jewel was the friend Obi-Wan had told me about shortly after I had recovered from my ordeal. She had decided to become a healer when she realized that no one was going to take her as a Padawan Learner. ?No, Jewel, I'm fine thank you. I am here because of Obi-Wan.?

?Obi-Wan?? Jewel exclaimed, extremely concerned, ?What is wrong with him? Isn't he feeling well??

Oh, if only it were something so simple as my Padawan not feeling well. ?No, Jewel, he's not feeling well,? I said softly, ?he?? how much should I tell the girl? ?He was attacked.? I said simply. That would have to be enough. I wouldn't go into detail about his?condition.

?Attacked?? she said incredulously, ?at the Temple? By who??

?I don't know.?

?Is there anything I can do?? she asked hopefully, obviously wanting to help Obi-Wan as much as I did.

?Yes,? I said, nodding wearily, ?please go and inform the Council that an investigation needs to be started regarding the identity of Obi-Wan's attacker. Tell them that Obi-Wan was attacked in his meditation garden, Yoda will know what I am talking about.?

Jewel nodded and gave me a small bow before rushing off to do as I had bid her.

I rubbed my eyes tiredly and let out a long sigh. Worry and fear were battling for supremacy in my tired mind. What if Obi-Wan didn't survive this? What if I lost him? Force, I couldn't bear to lose another Padawan, not Obi-Wan, not my precious Obi-Wan. We had been through so much in such a short amount of time and we were so close. I couldn't lose him now, not before seeing how far our bond would progress, how clos

9. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Awwww... Poor Qui! I think the big guy needs a hug!

That was sooo sad! :_|

10. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    I think they're both need a hug by the time this fics over!!

11. _Cerasi_

_Cerasi_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    I think *I* need a hug. OR more of this story. I'll take more story, please. :)

12. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Just wanted to say that if anyone is interested in MAJOR spoilers for JA16, it's up here, on the force.net, in the book section.

Next post will be up tomorrow.

13. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Hi! Here's the next part! You're right, Qui does need a hug!

?Qui-Gon?? I recognized Tahl's and looked around to find that she was sitting next to me on another one of the chairs in the waiting room.

I nodded to her but then caught myself and said, ?Yes??

?I ran into Jewel, or rather *she* ran into me, and she told me that Obi-Wan was attacked. What happened?? The concern in her voice was evident and I was immensely grateful to have the comfort of my best friend at this difficult time.

?I don't know what happened,? I said sadly, ?I returned to our quarters, ready to apologize for my coldness, and he wasn't there. When I tried to reach him through our bond I found it closed at his end. The last thing he felt before closing the bond was?pain.?

Tahl was clearly surprised at what I told her for her eyes widened and it took her a few moments to gather her thoughts enough to speak, ?He *closed* the bond between you two? Why would he do that??

I shook my head helplessly before again realizing she couldn't see me. ?I don't know, Tahl. I have no idea. Why *would* he do that? I think it has something to do with the attack but there's no way to be sure. I sent Jewel to tell the Council so they can start an investigation. I found Obi-Wan in his favorite meditation garden?covered in slashes, cuts, welts, and?blood. I don't know if he's going to make it or not.?

Tahl reached forward and groped for my hand. Once she found it she held it tightly and whispered to me in a gentle, reassuring tone, ?Don't say that, Qui-Gon. You can't let yourself think that way. Obi-Wan *will* be all right and we will find whoever did this to him.?

?Thank you, dear friend,? I said, smiling despite me worry and fear.

?Who would want to hurt Obi-Wan?? Tahl asked softly.

?Obi-Wan doesn't have any enemies! I don't know who would want to hurt him. All I know is that it can't be a Jedi because *no* Jedi would do to any boy what Obi-Wan's attacker did to him. At least no Jedi that hasn't turned to the darkside.?

?How about you, Qui-Gon? Do you have any enemies that might seek revenge on you by hurting Obi-Wan??

?Xanatos is dead,? I said flatly, ?and there is no one else I know of that would hold such a thirst for revenge that he would beat Obi-Wan to within an inch of his life.?

?Are you so certain that we're not looking for a Jedi, Qui-Gon? I hate to think it just as much as you do but if we're not looking for a Jedi than someone would have had to sneak into the Temple unnoticed. We both know how hard it is to do that.?

?You haven't seen Obi-Wan,? I said almost angrily, ?his chest was covered in thick, deep gashes, his arms were all cut and scratched up, and his eyes, nose, and mouth were bleeding. I know of no Jedi that could do that to any living being.?

?Just because you don't know of any Jedi doesn't mean that one doesn't exist. We need to investigate *all* possibilities. Jedi and non-Jedi alike. Let's go over all the evidence we have.?

?*What* evidence??

Tahl ignored me and continued on, ?Obi-Wan was attacked inside the Temple in or near a meditation garden sometime after your training session together. The last thing you received through the bond was pain ? physical pain. That means that Obi-Wan closed off the bond *after* the attack began. Since the bond only exists between the two of you in stands to reason that either he didn't want you to know about the attack or the attacker. Now, who would attack him that he wouldn't want you to know about or come rescue him from??

I sighed wearily. ?I already told you, I *don't* know.?

?Qui-Gon,? Tahl snapped severely, ?I know you're worried but not cooperating with me isn't going to help. Obi-Wan *has* to know *someone* with a good enough reason to do this to him or you do. If Obi-Wan closed the bond it means he didn't want you to know something. I think that means he knows who the attacker is. Why else would he close the bond? Now think. *Anyone* who holds some sort of grudge against Obi-Wan might have done this. It mig

14. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    OMG! :eek: Obi...might...you mean... NOOOOO!

Qui needs a hug? WHAT ABOUT ME?!?

Cool posting Erika! PLEASE post more soon! :)

15. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Great story. Please keep posting.

JediCandy

16. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more

18. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Wonderful cliffhanger! Obi-Torture is the best. ;)

19. TrianaJinn

TrianaJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2001
    Wonderful Obi torture and Qui angst you have going here. Please post more soon. :D

20. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
  21. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Actually, I think everyone needs a hug...

GROUP HUG! :_|

God Bless and Stay Safe! :(

22. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    This is a wonderful story. I loved your last series (you write great angst and mush) and I'm eager read this mystery. I'm stumped by Obi-Wan's secret. What could that boy be hiding THIS time?

I hope that your absence from the boards is not directly related to the tragedy in NYC. Please come online and let us know that you are okay.

Hannah

23. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Hi everyone, sorry for the extended absence but with everything's that's been going on here, I'm sure you understand. I'm fine, Hannah, thanks so much for asking. I, thank goodness, have not been DIRECTLY affected (that's not to say I haven't been affected - everyone has been). I actually live in California...all the way on the other side of the country from where this happened. The reason I haven't posted is 'cause it just didn't really feel right to me...I can't really explain why. I mean after what happened to all those people I just didn't seem like it really mattered.

As for what Obi's hiding, it's funny, I thought just about the same thing when I first started reading "...Unspoken" (which is wonderful, I might add! I just read the last post and I can't wait for more!). Thanks, you write wonderful angst and...well, I'm waiting for the mush but I'm sure that if/when it comes, it'll be great too!

Anyway, I've gotta go keep studying for my bio/anatomy test tomorrow, you can except a post when I get back home from school.

Thanks for the FB.

I hope that none of you has suffered the loss of a loved one but if you have, I am very sorry and you have all my sympathies - and those of almost everyone else aswell.

24. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Hi again! Here's the promised part and you can expect another part tomorrow.

I swallowed hard and Tahl's hand tightened around mine in silent support. My heart leapt up into my throat and the room seemed to spin around me. My throat constricted tightly. No! No, no, no! This couldn't be happening. Obi-Wan could *not* *die*. Not now. He was so young, *too* young, for this to happen to him! This was my fault?if I hadn't been so hard on him, if I had only gone with him after our training session, then he never would have been attacked. My Padawan?*my* Padawan was dying? There had been so much blood? Force, so much blood on his frail body?too much blood?

Alida's all-too-calm voice interrupted my thoughts, ?We should know within a few hours whether or not the bacta is having any affect or not.?

I took a very deep breath and reached out to the Force with the few tendrils of control that I had left. I had to believe in Obi-Wan. I would *not* lose my Padawan. He *would* make it. He was strong. He would fight. He would survive the bacta treatment. ?Thank you,? I said tightly.

Alida nodded and turned to disappear back into my apprentice's room.

?Qui-Gon,? Tahl started, her voice soft and understanding, ?Obi-Wan is strong, he *will* get through this.?

And if he didn't? My mind asked harshly. What would happen if he didn't? Would I survive the loss of another Padawan, this one dearer to me than life itself? ?He has to, Tahl, he has to.?

?I'm going to talk to Yoda,? Tahl said suddenly, ?you need to meditate now. This isn't like you Qui-Gon, usually your able to control your emotions and remain focused but I can sense the turmoil in you. Meditate.?

The Force flowed through and around me, beautiful and brilliant. Letting go of all of my troubles I let the light of its peace cascade over me. The Force was all around me and it illuminated my being and comforted my hurting soul. Despite my worries I felt at peace with myself and everything that surrounded me. I would not let my worry and fear dominate and control my actions. That would not help Obi-Wan and I longed to do something for my Padawan, even if I couldn't be with him as he hung to life by rapidly thinning threads.

A strange sensation filled my body, a tingling, prickling, feeling that set my nerves on edge and caused my breath to quicken.

// ?I have failed my Master again,? my Padawan spoke softly into the stillness of the garden, ?I performed shamefully today during a training exercise. I was distracted. I couldn't focus or find my center. I disappointed Qui-Gon,? the last words were torn from Obi-Wan's throat with such great sadness and hurt that it sent a knife straight through my heart.

Obi-Wan was kneeling before the small colorful flowers in front of the miniature Merelia tree in the mediation garden. His head was bent and his shoulders were slumped forward. The small tremors that ran through my Padawan's shoulders told me he was crying even though I couldn't see his face.

?What's wrong, Obi-Wan?? a haggard voice sneered, taking my Padawan by surprise.

I man had entered the garden. He was standing a few feet in back of Obi-Wan and was wearing a thick dark black robe and had a hood pulled down over his face so that I could not see his features. ?Did your precious Master Qui-Gon Jinn hurt you again??

My Padawan answered without turning around, ?How did you get here?? he demanded. I did not miss the edge of despair in his voice and neither did the dark man. ?You're supposed to be on? Perelious Prime.?

?I escaped,? the voice said, sounding hauntingly familiar. Where had I heard that voice before? Who was the cloaked man? Obi-Wan obviously knew him.

?What do you want from me??

The man laughed an evil cackling laugh that chilled the air of the garden and sent a streak of terror through me. ?I don't want anything *from* you, Padawan,? the man said gruffly, pulling a long black whip out from under his black robe. ?You already know why I'm here.?

?I won't let you h

25. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    What the.......... [face_shocked] POST, NOW!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.