main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shrouded by Darkness (JA - Obi-torture, Qui-angst, mystery)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Firedrake88, Sep 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firedrake88

Firedrake88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Hi! Here's the next post for you all to enjoy (I hope!)

An uncomfortable silence fell between us for several long minutes before Tahl finally answered, ?Child abuse and is a serious charge but not so serious that he would end up in one of the highest security prisons in the galaxy. Why was he sent there??

I shook my head helplessly, ?I don't know Tahl.? I skimmed the rest of the document. ?That's odd,? I murmured, ?There are no records of where the trial took place. It's as if his case never went to court.?

?Well, there goes are last chance of figuring out who this man is,? Tahl said with a sigh.

?Not quite,? I said, a small wave of excitement rolling through me, ?It says that his homeworld is Messos. That should give us something to work with. After all, how many people could have possibly been sent to the Methos Prison Center on the 17th of January two years ago??

?That'll only help us if the Messos government was somehow involved. He could have been accused and convicted of his crimes on any planet.?

I smiled, but it was a smile of little mirth, ?Not necessarily. Every planet is required to keep records on everyone born on its soil. We should be able to find this man's record by looking for all people sent to prison on that day. As I said, there should not be that many. The computer should be able to find all possible matches in just a few minutes.?

?We make a good team,? Tahl said, ?we should work together more often.?

?Yes,? I said dryly, ?too bad we only work together when something is seriously wrong.?

I approached the computer panel in the waiting room and said, ?I'm going to start the search.? Messos and the Jedi Order were on very good terms and due to that fact it was very easy for me to access their computer center and soon I had initiated a search that would go through all of the planet's natives and give me a list of everyone who had been sent to prison on January 17th, two years ago.

?It's searching,? I called over my shoulder to Tahl, who was still sitting.

We spent the next few minutes in silence, waiting for the computer to finish. I knew that there couldn't possibly be very many people from Messos that had gone to prison on the same day and therefore the search would not take very long.

Beep, beep, beep! The computer sounded as it finished the search.

As I expected, the list was very short and consisted of only three names:

Rosoai Drollos
    Mekoy Seil
    Ram-Cead

I quickly read the names off to Tahl, ?By opening their files we should be able to eliminate the two who aren't the one we're looking for,? I said. I opened Rosoai Drollos' file. ?Rosoai Drollos was accused of murder in the first degree and was sent to a prison on Quiaos, he cannot be the man we're looking for.? I opened the next file, ?Mekoy Seil was accused of assassinating an important duke and his wife. He was sent to a prison on Rotai, where he died two months later. Obviously he's not the one we're looking for.?

A surge of excitement and hope ran through me. In a few moments we'd have the identity of the man who had attacked Obi-Wan! I touched my finger to Ram-Cead's name and waited for the computer to open his file.

A shrill alarm sounded sharply in the air, surprising me as well as Tahl. On the screen a message in bold red letters flashed. The words read:

Access denied, information classified

~ Part Five: An Uninformative Conversation ~

?What is it?? Tahl demanded, coming to stand behind me, ?what's wrong??

?Ram-Cead's file is classified, I can't get access,? I said, frustrated.

?Why is it classified?? Tahl asked.

?I don't know, but I think it's past time that I speak with Yoda.?

?Wish to see me you do?? Yoda said as he entered the waiting room and seated himself on one of the cushions on the floor.

?Yes, Master Yoda. Thank you for coming,? I said, kneeling before Yoda so that we would be more equal in height.

?Humph! Came I did because leave this room I know you will not.?

?Thank you, Master Yoda,? I said aga

2. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    That was great! Poor Qui! He's feeling so helpless...

More soon please! :D

3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!I don't know long I will be able to wait for another post.Great writing!!PEACE Ewen

4. _Cerasi_

_Cerasi_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Great post! I want more!

5. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    More, I want! More!!!!

6. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Yoda always knows something and won't tell Qui-Gon, huh? (That's aimed at people who read: For All That Is Unspoken - A Great Fic) Well, i think it is up to us to hunt down this Prime guy, what do ya say? (BTW, are all Obi lovers short? I'm 5 foot 3 inches.) WE CAN TAKE HIM, NO PROBLEMS! I'll just grab my trusty lightsaber that's hanging off my belt... TALLY HO!

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

P.S. ONWARDS AND EVER UPWARDS! TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!

7. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    Lets go Littlejedi! I'm short 5 foot 2

8. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Comes out of lurking to say....Great Post!!!

Not all of Obi Lovers are short. I'm 5'11. (Bummer trying to find a guy to date that's
    taller than me :) )

Blade :cool:

9. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    :eek:

Yoda's being all secretive... In the wise words of our fav Jedi:

I have a bad feeling about this...

:p

Cool post Erika! :D

10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    ok i hate yoda now more then ever and i think he is a !@#$%^&*&^%$#@!!@#$%^&* and i think he should die too.
    now that i've said that i hope quigon finds out who this man is and soon, and i hope obiwan will help him out...........
    :mad: :D

11. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Great story. More!
    I'm not short. 5'8. I'll help you take down the guy that did this to my poor Obi. Course fisrt we have to figure out who that is....

I really don't care for Yoda much one way or the other. But I guess there has to be a 'bad' guy sometimes other then the Bad Guy. Understand? So Yoda's ok to be that.

~Swede :p

Um, what does BTW mean?

12. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    by the way

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    See!!Two of the best JA stories are one and two on the first page of the boards.Thats because we are checking for posts,hopefully we will get one!!!!!!PEACE Ewen

14. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    5'1 here! Hehe, I'm so short! I can run really fast though! :)

More soon please! :D

15. Obi_Wanna_Cracker

Obi_Wanna_Cracker Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2001
  16. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    One of my friends has been 6 foot 1 inch since she was twelve, and she likes Obi-Wan, but she not Obi-sessed like us. Well, i'm not that short, but anyway.

LittleJedi: It's okay, Obi! We'll get him for you!

Obi: Thanks guys.

LittleJedi: That's quite alright, Obi. Brownie?

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

17. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Hi! Thanks for all the FB! Hmm...well, I'm 5'6, but that's still probably pretty short compared to Qui :)

Did Yoda mean that the man was after me? Was that why the man had mentioned me with such hate in my vision? If the man was after me than I had to know him from somewhere. Who could he be that both my Padawan and I would know him?

A Jedi. It was the only possibility. A Jedi who had trained at the Temple and later turned to the darkside. Something in my mind finally clicked. Mace Windu and Yoda had looked uncomfortable when I asked them to name a single Jedi, not including Xanatos, who had turned to the darkside in the past century. Was it possible that there was another Jedi and that I simply hadn't heard of the incident? That was highly unlikely. A Jedi turning to the darkside was information that flew through the Order at remarkable speed. It had when Xanatos had turned.

The Council was keeping something from me. Something related to why Obi-Wan had left the Temple for a week and about the man who had attacked him. If the Council, for some reason, wanted to keep it a secret that a Jedi had turned they would have had to classify *all* information relating to that Jedi. Was it possible that Obi-Wan, during the week he had left the Temple, had somehow been involved in the incident where this Jedi had turned? That would explain why the Jedi was sent to the Methos Prison Center when his crime was not considered serious enough to warrant going there. That would also explain why his file was classified.

I clenched my fists tightly. I was left with the same two questions: who was this man and how did Obi-Wan know him?

/I don't want anything *from* you, Padawan./ I heard the man's voice again in my head. He had called Obi-Wan Padawan? A feeling of dread washed through my veins. Was it possible that this man had been Obi-Wan's Master? That Obi-Wan had left the Temple for a week because someone had chosen him as a Padawan?

According to Bant, Obi-Wan had left the temple two years ago, which coincided with the fact that the man had been accused of child abuse and thrown in prison two years ago. Was it possible that Obi-Wan was the child the man had abused?

I shuddered. Poor Obi-Wan. If this man had taken him as his Padawan and then abused him?it was a wonder that Obi-Wan could ever trust another Master again. From the very first time that I had bet Obi-Wan it was my trust that had been questioned, not the boy's. If this was true, and Obi-Wan had been this man's Padawan and had suffered abuse, it showed how much purer his character was than mine. It would mean that Obi-Wan had been hurt also and yet was willing to trust me.

I picked up my comlink and contacted Bant.

?Bant,? I spoke before the girl even had time to say 'hello'. ?This is Qui-Gon.?

?Do you have news of Obi-Wan? No one will tell us anything. Reeft and I are worried.? She sounded weary and tired. She had probably waiting for information ever since our interview.

?No,? I said softly, gently, ?I am sorry, Bant, I know nothing more. I have another question for you.?

?Yes? What is it??

?You said that Obi-Wan left the Temple for a week, two years ago. Do you remember the date he left and the date he came back??

Bant was silent for a very long time before answering, ?I am sorry, Qui-Gon, I only remember that it was near the beginning of the year. I've kept a journal for some time now and I remember that I wrote about it when he left. Would you like me to look through it and tell you what day it was when I wrote??

I smiled at the girl's offer, ?Yes, Bant, I would appreciate that greatly.?

?I will contact you when I find the journal entry,? the girl promised.

I cut off the communication.

Bant remembered that Obi-Wan had left near the beginning of the year. The man, Ram-Cead, had been convicted on January 17th. So far the dates matched.

I pensively ran through a hypothetical scenario in my head. At age eleven Obi-Wan would have been honored and delighted to ha

18. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Access denied Info classified........i'm starting to hate that phase!!

19. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    Same here M! But I bet Qui hates it more

20. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    But hate leads to the darkside so he can't hate it too much :p

Cool post and I can't wait for more! We're slowly getting closer to the answers...

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    The only comment I have is "When's the next post to this wonderful story" SOOOOOOOON,I hope.PEACE Ewen

22. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I just got finished reading this and I must say that I am EXTREMELY impressed. Really!!! :D This is a wonderful story, you've had me in suspense the whole time, and you still do :) I hope that you post the next part very soon. Till then, MtFbwy :D

23. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Hi!!! I'm here with another post for ya all!!! (Can you tell that I'm in a great mood???) Please tell me what you think and I'm so glad that you're enjoying this!

?Not again,? I grated, resting the urge to pound the consul with my fist, ?it's classified.?

?Well I'll give them this much, the Council sure is thorough,? Tahl said with a touch of humor.

?How can you joke at a time like this??

?Qui-Gon, you yourself have said not to focus on your anxieties. You should take your own advice; it might do you some good.?

I ignored Tahl's remark, even though I knew it was true. ?Now what??

Tahl didn't answer.

?That's what I thought,? I grumbled.

I returned to my seat and held my head in my hands. I was so worried about Obi-Wan. No matter what I did I couldn't rid the feeling of deep dread that had implanted itself in me. I also couldn't erase the guilt.

Obi-Wan had obviously been scared this morning and I hadn't done anything about it. I was his Master. It was my duty to help and guide him. If I had talked to him then perhaps he would have told me about?his old Master and maybe the attack could have been prevented. Then, after our training session, I had been too hard on him. A proper Master would have told Obi-Wan that he hadn't performed to the best of his abilities and offered to meditate with him and help him find his center. I had told him that a third year initiate could have done better. What if he died and I never got the chance to apologize?

?Has Alida given you any news?? Tahl asked softly.

?No, she hasn't told me anything since she put him in the bacta tank.?

?That's just like the healers. You'd think they'd be a little more sympathetic and tell you what's going on. You're worried out of your mind and they haven't even come out to say that his condition hasn't changed.?

?His condition hasn't changed,? I argued wearily, ?that's *why* they haven't come out. If he had taken a turn for the better or worse, she would have told me.?

A vision of Obi-Wan's tear glazed eyes filled my mind. He had looked so stricken and I had made him look like that. I had hurt him. I had been too hard. I was worried about being too coddling and because of my worry I had gone to the other extreme and wounded the boy. Now he was floating in a bacta tact and there was no way I could tell him I was sorry. I couldn't even comfort him through our bond for he had shut himself off from me.

?That's why he shut off the bond,? I said as the realization dawned on me.

?Why?? Tahl asked.

?Because he didn't want me to know that he had another Master before me. He didn't want me to know he had been abused. He was afraid I would think less of him for it.? My voice held a dejected weariness that I hadn't heard in myself for a long time?since just after Xanatos turned?

?Qui-Gon,? her voice was assertive and sharp, ?you'll get a chance to talk to him and make everything right between you. You moved on past Melida/Daan, you'll make it through this too. He trusts you, Qui-Gon. You'll be able to get through to him and help him heal.?

?If he lives?? I let my voice trail off into silence.

?He *will* live. You *can't* give up on him. Obi-Wan is a fighter, Qui-Gon. You know that.? My friend let out a long deep sigh, ?You need to get some rest, Qui-Gon. It's almost midnight. Go to sleep. Everything will seem brighter when you wake up tomorrow morning.?

Sleep? Tahl thought I could sleep with Obi-Wan's life hanging in the balance? ?I'm not leaving this room,? I stated determinedly. No force on heaven or earth could pry me away from where I belonged.

?I never suggested that you would,? Tahl countered curtly, ?I meant that you should sleep here.?

?Here??

Tahl laughed suddenly. The sound of mirth sounded so strange to my ears. I had only been in here for less than half a day and already I felt more like an eternity. ?Last time I checked, which was before the mission I was blinded on, there were many comfortable reclining chairs and cushions that you could use to

24. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Qui's not the only one asking why.....Care to give us some answer's Firedrake? Pretty please? :D

25. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    :eek:

More... need more...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.