main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Shrunken Jedi's Fan Art (Updated 7/27/09 Leia Sketch)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ShrunkenJedi, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Thanks, FalconFan and Wicktone! I'm glad you like my style, and as for the 'looks' you noticed the family giving each other-- I do seem to like emotion and connection in my drawings; thanks for pointing it out!

2. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Here's that drawing finished... (here)

3. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Once again, I'll say that I really enjoy the time I spend in the fanart forum here, even though I may not come here that often :D

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, that looks great ShrunkenJedi! I liked the drawing before, but the coloring really adds to it, I think! Very nice work!

FF

5. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    :D Thanks, FF

6. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Here's a new background I made...

7. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    I thought I'd share the banner I made for the fanfic resource banner contest...

Obi-Wan/Anakin banner

8. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
  9. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    :D I've finished my entry for the fanfic resource banner contest... thought I'd share it here, too, since it is a form of art ;) I did the stylesheet myself, too.

My banner

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey ShrunkenJedi, you've been quite busy lately! I love the banners you've been working on, particularly one most recently posted: the "You were my BETA, Anakin!" had me laughing pretty good! Great play on words, and especially good for Fan Fiction Resource! I also liked the Obi Wan and Anakin banner--great images, and good placement, especially with the two of them "leaning into the page" (I noticed that you used it in both banners!)--a good use of the visual suggestion there! "Dreaming Luke" is interesting, although you might want to define the bridge of his nose just a bit more--to me, it appears just a little "flat" against his face. I like the effect of the moonlight--it definitely gives that "dreamlike" feel! Which program did you use to make this image? It looks intriguing!

FF

11. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Thanks again, FF! I used the Gimp with a tablet to create it... I worked in a very small file to get a blurry idea of the face with a large, small-opacity paintbrush, then kept upping the file size and adding more detail.

12. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    This is cute stuff! I can't believe how much information about the character you can express with just a few lines. That's talent. In addition to bluring the background, there's also creating layered backgrounds by using the selection tool and drawing the shapes with the tool, pouring in some color and then making that color lighter or darker with the selection tool and gamma correction or brighten/contrast. (The sun was made by using the circle selection tool, pouring in some light yellow, increasing the size of the circle selection and adding a lens flare to it while still in the circle selection tool).

[image=http://artapprentice.net/images/tatooine.jpg]

13. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    :D Thanks, Undomiel! You do great vector work ;)

14. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    Shrunken,

Well, lol, it isn't vector, but it is. The concepts are similar technically, but legalistically-speaking, they are not the same banana. :) A real vector has very little variation in color choices, rarely employs things like lens flare, shadows and highlights are kept to a minimum and pre-made gradients are the usually the only method of shading. Facial features are limited to just a few hints here and there, which on someone like Luke or Han, would be tough to do since many of their stronger features are shared (et.al, they'd all start looking like each other).

15. SithlyShrunkenSock

SithlyShrunkenSock Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2004
    Undomiel: Yeah, I understand what a real vector is! Still, it does use the same concepts ;)

16. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    Do you have something in your eye? You keep ....winking at me in the oddest places. You'd say "You do great vector work" and then you'd wink. "Still it does use the same concepts" and then you'd wink.

17. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    No, nothing in the eye, just strage lil' me.. :p

18. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Really felt like drawing today for some reason... came up with this desktop...

19. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    I'm winkless. I'm having wink withdrawals. [face_mischief]

20. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I think you should keep working on and perfecting your style. It seems very marketable to me.
    I'm thinking shirts, stickers, n such.

21. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Undomiel: Here, have one free of charge ;) :p

WascallyDroid: I'm glad you think it's good! Art is really just a hobby for me.

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I love the vibrant colors you used here, ShrunkenJedi! It really sort of "pops" off the screen! Great shading on the face, too--sort of eerie lighting, but very cool!

FF

23. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I dig your characters expressions, nice work

24. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Thanks again, FF!

Thanks, Kenu!

25. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    I found the desktop was just a warmup :p (since my art is just a hobby, I don't get to do it as often as some...) so I tried the fanart challenge and came out with a Mara sketch...

[image=http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/4739/mara6fl.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.