main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Shy hello

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by tovey, Mar 31, 2016.

1. tovey

tovey Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2016
    Well, much like the new kid at school I'll scuffle my feet and give the awkward half wave here.

New kid on the block, just now reading my way through some of the EU books (rogue squadron at the moment which are surprisingly good!), dress up for the odd con, have the obligatory girl-crush on Rey, and am completely unashamed to head to the lego section of the store when I visit!!

Nice to be a part of the world here I have to say :)
    x

Jag4Me likes this.
  2. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    Hello, tovey! Welcome to the boards :) We've got an entire forum dedicated to the EU if you're interested :)

Darth Dreadwar and tovey like this.
  3. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome to the boards tovey !

Who is your favourite character from the EU? Or even just Rogue Squadron? (I'm a Ysanne fan. :p )
    I'm sure you'll fit in very well! We have a costuming section, a sequel trilogy section, and a toys/collecting section! And more! Social threads, games, discussion - it's great.

If you have any questions or need any recommendations, feel free to ask. Otherwise, enjoy! :)

tovey likes this.
  4. tovey

tovey Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2016

Oh dear lord, the costuming will be my downfall. I've lessened my obsession somewhat the last year or so, but that's still a forum I'll be finding hard to resist!!
    It's a cliché, but I loooooove Tennel Ka Djo...I mean that Solo romance is just the stuff of a telenovela :p

Thanks for the freedom to ask questions, that's something I'm sure you'll rue in no time at all!!!!!
    x

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
  6. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    Meh, I still anticipate it being an April Fools prank. Even if not, it's not been disintegrated yet ;)

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Lit forum is still there though - no rule's been introduced banning new Legends threads there (or reviving old ones) - as far as I know. And of course EU TV can still be discussed in the TV forum.

Emperor Ferus and Shira A'dola like this.
  8. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Welcome to our boards. :)

9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome aboard! :D

You got the two best hints already: The EU board and Lit board! :D

Just let me add, that - in most cases - you don't need to quote one when the user you replay to is on the same page as your post. If you like to create a notification for the user, just tag him/her by adding @ infront of the username (like tovey). That helps to keep threads readable, especially on small screens.

With this knowledge... Have fun and see you around! :)

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  10. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Sorry for my late welcome... but Welcome!
    I'm a big fan of EU novels but I've never check out the Rogue Squadron books (I'll add them to my never ending list of books...).
    As many have told you above, there is a EU forum which I haunt frequently... In other forums, there are excellent fanclubs (some still looking for more activity and members (hint hint)) and also Jedi and Sith factions in the EU...
    See ya 'round!

11. tovey

tovey Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2016
    It's been a full week of dedicated fandom here for me.
    I've been straight back into the frustration of the Metal Earth kits (by the third x-wing this time around I have to say it almost becomes second nature!), I'm re-reading the Thrawn trilogy (well, kinda, I just found the graphic novel workup of it for the kindle, so it's a whole new way to enjoy it!), and I'm all about that foot-stomping impatience waiting for The Making of Star Wars : The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film to be delivered! Cracked ane bought an X-Box One just for Battlefront, too.

Whew, right?!

And now? Heading straight to the EU forum here. Thanks all, for the super kind welcome and all that jazz :)
    ( Halle Dray they're definitely worth a read. The first is the best to me, but they keep it up pretty well!)

12. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! I enjoy the EU novels too, even the bad ones. :)

Halle Dray and tovey like this.
  13. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    welcome to the boards Tovey

any questions please feel free to ask :)

tovey likes this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'd return the X-Box then.

Welcome to the Boards; hope you have a great time with us, and please, let me know later if Battlefront was worth that purchase.

tovey likes this.
  15. tovey

tovey Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2016

Yeahhhhhh, look visually it's an absolutely pretty extravaganza, it's frenzied and thank God it nails the Universe...but it's not really the most fulfilling game besides short bursts. I've got the fixed up Legendary version of Destiny on it's way now instead to give me my sci-fi (and speeder bike) fix.
    So you were hit it and quit it with Battlefront?

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    My steps were

Get excited about Battlefront pre-launch.

Play Battlefront II on my PS2 as a stop gap.

Check the Youtube reviews for the new game, particularly any single player campaign - my usual jurisdiction - and come to the conclusion that my PS2 version is far superior.