main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Siblings, First Posted Jan 25th. Updated Jan 27th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kahley, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahley

Kahley Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2004
    This is only my second post and attempt at writting a fic on this board. I had this one posted before on Fanfiction.net under my pen name. But I thought I'd bring it over here for everyone else too read if they wanted too. It is still a work in progress and on going so please bare with me. And I hope you enjoy it. :) Comment, reviews welcome!

Title: Siblings
    Author(s): Kahley
    Timeframe: Sorta AUish
    Characters: A little bit of everyone.
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:

Chapter 1: The Dream

Jaina sat up in her bed breathing heavily clutching the thin sheet to her lithe body. Looking around it took her a few minutes too make sure she was still in her own quarters on her ship "Free Spirit" heading home to visit her family on Courscant.

"The same dream.." she muttered quietly into the darkness of the room glance quickly at the wall crono in her cabin. She had thought this vacation home away from her Squadron would do her some good. But for some reason it seemed to be stirring up old forgotten nightmares. She missed her parents and brother terribly. Her thoughts back too her dream.

"For blaster bolts sake, why now?" she ask knowing there was no one around too answer her.

These dreams hadn?t come to her since she was a child. They had stop as soon as she begun her training as a Jedi Knight. Her life had been going relatively will lately she knew there was something coming?she should have senses it.

In the dream:

She could see herself standing in a large audience chamber that reminds her of the Great Hall in the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4, only in this place she felt cold, unwelcome. Nearly suffocating from the darkness that enveloped the chamber. At one end of the room sits a woman cloaked in black sitting on a stone throne, she has never seen her before and her face is mostly hidden by the hood of her robe she wears. Below the mysterious woman and eye level to Jaina stands her brother Jacen. Her twin and best friend, also clad in black, his lightsabre clipped to his belt. She shoots her brother a confused look, but he only seems to sneer at her. What bother Jaina the most was the look in her brother?s eye?they looked so full of hatred and contempt. Almost empty of the normal light and spark she knew them too have.

"What have you done to him?" she questions the woman on the throne, glaring daggers at her while trying to keep her anger in check.

'Anger was the path to the dark side..' Jaina could hear her uncle's teaching in her mind, she took another calming breath and stared up at the woman waiting for an answer.

The mysterious figure did not answer, instead she only rises from her throne, her long ebony satin robes swishing around her legs . She points a graceful slender finger at Jaina and looks down at Jacen.

"Kill her, my apprentice." her voice hisses in a voice and accent Jaina had never heard before.

Almost like a puppet on command, Jacen obeys walking towards his sister with an evil gleam in his eyes, reaching to his belt he unclips and ignites his lightsabre. Jaina backs away from him, not wanting too fight her brother, but if she must?she reaches for her own lightsabre...but it wasn't there. Blinking in confusion and slight panick she looks back up at her brother as he starts to get closer to her.

"Why are you doing this?" she screams at the woman on the dais, then she tries to reason with her brother.

"Jasa?don?t do this, please!" calling him be his nickname she has used since they were children but it is no use. She tries to use the Force to push him back but it?s no use she can?t something is stopping her.

"It?s me Jaina, your sister. Stop please! Why are you doing this??"

"You want to know why, sis?" He finally speaks his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I. Hate. You. You were always everyone's favorite. Mom and dad?s favorite..Uncle Luke's. Jaina can?t do anything wrong, she?s so perfect. It was always about you and I'm sick of it. Well I'm going to end it now!"

He growls at her through clenched teeth. He raised the saber high above his head as Jaina cro

2. Kahley

Kahley Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2004
    Chapter 2

She stepped down the boarding ramp of her ship, shielding the sun's bright rays from her eyes with her hand as she scanned the landing platform for her family. Spotting them, all of them too be exact.

Her parents Leia and Han Solo, her youngest brother Anakin, her favorite and only Uncle Luke Skywalker and his wife, Aunt Mara. Behind them all stood the person Jaina had been most looking forward too but also worried about seeing, her twin brother Jacen. She was five minutes older then him and loved him dearly; she always felt she could talk to him about anything until just recently when things started to change between them.

With the dream still fresh in her mind she approached the smiling group of people and greeted them with opened arms. After man tearful hellos, peppered with caring hugs from her parents and little brother, Jaina step towards Jacen.

"Hey Jasa, it?s been a long time, huh?" she smiles warmly at him trying to shield her mind from him, not wanting him to know about the dream she had been having.

Jacen knew she was hiding something, he could sense it through the Force and the bound they had as twins.

"Welcome home, sis!" he smiled at her and step forward too give her a hug

As she hugged her brother, Jaina?s eyes caught a glance from her Uncle. It was a look that seemed to ask questions through the Force. He knew something was bothering her and was certain he would find out soon.

"You must be tired from the trip, sweetie." Her mother came forward putting her arm around her daughter and leading her towards the house. "Your father and brother will get your bags; your room is all ready for you too rest before supper."

She smiled at her mother, leaning her head on the older woman?s

"Hey, why do we get all the work?" complained her father jokingly

Both wife and daughter smiles at the former scoundrel.

"Actually I?m not that tired, mom. I kind of wanted to talk to Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara about something." She looked over at the couple. All three of them waited for Leia?s response.

"Alright, but make sure all three of you are back in time for dinner." she chided kindly

3. Kahley

Kahley Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2004
    Chapter 3: Luke and Mara?s apartment.

"And that?s what happens." Jaina finishes explaining the dream

Mara looked worriedly at her niece and former Jedi pupil that she sat beside on the couch. She gently placed a hand on her Jaina?s shoulder.

"How long have you been having these dreams. Jaina?" her voice filled with concern.

"They started when I was younger, but they weren?t as clear until just recently. The last one seemed so real and frightening." she looked up at her uncle sitting across from her on the love seat. He hadn?t said anything yet, he had just listened quietly and contemplated the information his niece had told him about her dream. Finally he spoke.

"Have you mentioned anything about your dream to Jacen yet?"

"No, I haven?t. But I know he knows I?m hiding something from him."

"And you say you couldn?t recognize the woman?s voice or accent?"

"I?m not sure, I was sure I had heard it before but I can?t place it." Jaina sighed tiredly as she leaned back against the couch running her hands through her long chestnut brown hair. No one spook for a bit, then finally Mara looked up at her husband

"You know, I have been noticing Jacen acting differently lately. He?s been avoiding you to no end, and keeps his mental barriers up all the time. Maybe there?s something he?s not telling us. I think you should talk to him."

"I have been sensing Jacen?s barriers and I was planning on talking to him later on this evening, after dinner even. Jaina, perhaps you should be there when I talk to him. He may need your support." Her uncle suggested as he stood up and walked over to perch himself on the arm of the couch beside Mara.

"I?ll be there. I want to know what?s going on and get rid of these dreams once and for all."

The three of them got ready to leave for dinner at Jaina?s parent apartment. When they arrived the found that the table was set for seven rather then six like it normally would be.

"Company for dinner? I thought mom wanted a family night?" Jaina asked her father as he came out of his study.

"Well, Jacen?s bringing his new lady friend to meet everyone at dinner. Your mother thought it would be nice if she stayed for dinner and we all got to know her better. You brother?s been seeing her for a long time now but no one else has met her." He places a soft hand on his only daughter?s shoulder and smiled. "Don?t worry tomorrow it?s you and me out there working on the Falcon."

"What did you break this time?" she asked jokingly

"Me? Hey, I never break anything; I only try to "improve" on a good thing." Their little father, daughter bantering was cut short by the door chimes which Jacen came quickly from his room to answer. In all the holo vid conversation with her parents and family, no one had mention Jacen was involved with someone. Jaina always though Jacen would end up with Tenel Ka, their good friend and the love of his life. Apparently, she was mistaken.

The way Jacen was dressed surprised Jaina as he came from his room to answer the door. He wore one of his best outfits consisting of a pair of black pants and knee high boots, a white long sleeves shirt with a collar and gold buttons and black vest with the gold embroidering on it. Suddenly Jaina felt under dressed for this dinner in her casual short sleeve T-shirt (too hide the tattoo her squadron buddies had dared her into getting from her mother), flight pants and boots.

Jacen keyed open the door and it slide back to reveal a beautiful petite woman with long blonde hair flowing freely in waves over her shoulder and too her waist. Her eyes were like emeralds. She wore a very stylish dress and sandals that had to cost a fortune considering they were by some of the best designers in the galaxy. She moved with a grace beyond her years as she stepped forward into Jacen?s embrace and quietly whisper something into his ear. He smiled down at almost beaming with happiness. So were here parents as she glanced over at them smiling happily at the eldest son and his new "friend".

Jaina groaned quietly to herself and

4. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Oooh, I like this...Who's the girl? Do we know her? Have we seen her before?

Nice job.

Jes

5. Kahley

Kahley Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2004
    Chapter 4: Surprise!

Jacen turned from embracing the woman, glancing quickly at his sister, catching an almost astonished look on her face. He smirk inwardly but kept his thoughts hidden from her and especially his mother, uncle and aunt.

"Everyone, I?d like you too meet Kara Corvus." He led Kara over to his mother and uncle who greeted her kindly.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you all." Kara voice was soft and elegant, very much like her looks. She shook Leia?s and Luke?s and was then ushered over by Jacen to meet his father, aunt and younger brother. Anakin looked as though his eyes wouldn?t go back into his head from the moment he laid eyes on Kara. He almost fell over every word except hello. Finally it was Jaina?s turned to be introduced.

"And this is twin sister Jaina, the guest of honor tonight." Jaina shoot her brother a questionable glance at being called a "guest of honor" in her own parent?s home. "Jaina has just returned home from serving a few years with the famous Rogue Squadron."

"Nice too meet you, Kara." She extended her hand to the woman. Kara accepted it and shook it quickly and smiled at her as if she knew something Jaina didn?t. That was when something glittering on Kara?s hand caught her eye. It was a ring; she didn?t really pay attention to see what finger it was on, only that is must be expensive and well crafted to give out that kind of shine.

Something about the ring bothered her. It gave off a presence of it?s own. She tried to sense Kara?s motive quietly with the Force but got nothing, either Kara was a Jedi or something was defiantly up.

Once everyone was seated in the dinning room dinner began. It was a regularly normal dinner that Jaina was used to, not too formal, casual small talk and delicious food. Once dessert was served everything seemed too be going better. Jaina?s worry had eased a bit, but her mind still kept drifting back to her dream, her brother and this "new girlfriend". That was when Jacen stood up.

"Everyone, I?d like to propose a toast." He raised his glass slightly and smiled at the rest of the table. "To the whole family finally getting together for a chance. To good friends and siblings." He glanced at Anakin, Jaina and then at Kara he smiled lovingly. "And too the future with them." They all took a sip of their drinks.

"Oh and I have one more thing too say, sort of an announcement really."

Jaina?s eyes widen sudden realization hitting her like a brick wall. The ring on Kara?s hand, her left hand?her ring finger!

"I have asked Kara to marry me, and she?s accepted. Surprise!" Jacen stated proudly beaming with happiness as the rest of his family gasped in shock.

Chapter 5 Anger

There are not many things that could surprise Han Solo. He was after all the famous general of the Rebellion, respected pilot of the Millennium Falcon and loving father. But all of that didn?t prepare him for the news his son had just told them. He nearly choked to death on his drink as he heard the word "engaged".

"What? Jacen are you serious???" still trying to recover by clearing his throat

"Don?t you two think you are rushing into things?" his mother asked concern dripping in her voice. ?Married? Her son was too young to get married!? she thought to herself.

"No mother, Kara and I have made up our minds. We love each other and feel we have made the right decision and stand by it." Jacen sat himself back down in his seat meeting the glance that his uncle was giving him.

Jaina looked across the table at her brother?s so-called fiancée, Kara hadn?t said anything about this yet, and neither defending nor protesting anything Jacen had said. She just sat there looking proudly over at him and smiling.

?What a way to end dinner, Jasa.? She thought to herself hoping her brother heard her through their Force connection. Instead of her brother acknowledging her, Kara glanced over at her and glared quickly at her. Ignoring her, Jaina spoke up.

"Jasa, I was wondering if I could talk to you alone for a minute, please." She asked him standing up from

6. Kahley

Kahley Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2004
    Chapter 6 Love or Seduction?

Courscant, the political planet that never sleeps, even in the very early hours of the morning little dots of light could be seen dancing through the night sky. Jacen stood there in the darkness, gazing out into it from his bedroom window, his arms folded over his chest deep in thought. He heard movement behind him and turned to see Kara get up from they?re bed and covering herself with a silk robe as she made her over to him. She encircled her arms about his waist and rested her cheek against his bare shoulder blades.

"Are you ever going to come too bed, my love?" she almost purred, with more then just sleep on her mind. Her hand softly traced the lines of his stomach muscles.

"I?m not tired." he muttered still thinking. He knew she wasn?t wearing anything under that robe but tired to push that thought to the back of his mind; he grasped her hand and then turned around to face her.

"Well I really wasn?t thinking of sleeping." she whispered looking into his eyes as a seductive smile crossed her lips. Then she frowned when she saw he wasn?t exactly in the mood.

"Still thinking about what your sister said too you?" He nodded frowning slightly, knowing she was looking into his mind. She sighed then smiled with a twinkle of evil in her eyes.

"Don?t worry, my love. Remember what I told you, this is your time. Your sister has been the favorite twin for far too long. Give me time and I will make sure she gets what she deserves." Kara brought her hand up to his cheek.

"But, she?s my sister, I don?t want anything to happen to her?" his voice trailed off as Kara used her strong will and hidden Dark Jedi powers to push the thought of Jaina out of his mind.

"What about you Jacen? Think about yourself, you are more important then her! She has always had you parent?s love. She?s always the hero! Your Uncle?s favorite! And your little brother isn?t any better. They love him more then you as well. Aren?t you tried of being second best? When you decided to contemplate the Force and it?s meaning, what happened? They turned their backs on you! All of them questioned you reasons for not using the Force." she brought his hand to her lips and kissed his knuckles

"I can feel the jealousy and anger consuming you heart. That?s why I chose you. Don?t worry, my love." She began to draw him back over to their bed. She felt a small feeling of fear escape his thoughts. It made her smiles even more.

"Never fear me, Jacen. You and I are meant for each other and soon we will be more powerful then your sister and family can ever imagine. And then we?ll settle the score and make sure no one is ever better then you again." She grinned wickedly as her plan was going so well. Jacen smiled back at her, she could feel the thoughts of darkness and revenge starting to creep into his mind. Kara pulled him into bed with her and pulled the covers over them both as the sun scarcely began to peek over the buildings of the city.

Not too far away, someone else was still awake. Jaina lay in her bed, in her old room at her parent?s house, thinking of her dream, her brother and his new fiancée Kara Corvus. She knew something was definitely not right about her and was worried that her brother really gotten into something he may not be able to get out of this time.

The memories from the dream came crashing back into her mind. She feared that she would have to relive the dream again. Jaina had finally told her parents and younger brother about the dreams she?s been having, after consulting with her aunt and uncle first. The three of them decided it was wise that Leia, Han and Anakin be prepared should anything happen. She could tell her mother was now extremely worried for both her eldest children. When her father tried to contact Jacen at his apartment, he got no answer. Luke informed them that he had not left the planet and advised everyone to get some sleep. They would try and talk to Jacen, alone without Kara in the morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.