main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Sick of the Profanity

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by starshidenothing, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starshidenothing

starshidenothing Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2004
    Is anyone here sick and tired of the constant profanity on these boards?

just look at this and this
    Is that really acceptable?
    Do people really need to use such foul language?
    And why aren't the mods doing anything about it?

Aren't the mods supposed to be there to protect us poor innocent people from being exposed to this despicable language? Personally I don't think any kind of reference or discussion of anything to do with our 'toilet activities' is acceptable.
    And those who would dare expose the precious 13 year old children on these boards to such words as ***p, ***t and t**d should be ashamed of themselves, do we need those words to end up in the school playground? What would happen to the world?

And before all you liberal thinkers remind me that there are far worse words that can be said and that context does have a lot to do with things let me just say, 'You are WRONG!'
    Saying "That movie is the ****" is just as bad as saying "You are a stupid **** head".

It sickens me that I have to use such words to explain my position as I don't think disguising profanity with little stars makes it all ok, I still know what you mean, what difference does it make if I can't see the last few letters?!

In the future I would ask that no-one uses any words that others might find offensive or cover obscenities up with their wicked little stars. In fact using all stars is even more offensive.
    'You are a stupid d*** head' is bad enough but saying 'You are a stupid **** head' opens it up to even more filthy possibilities letting the imagination run wild (a dangerous thing) with all the smutty possibilities that could be hidden behind those evil stars.

I'm sure some of you might think I'm a crackpot but if you could all refrain from using offensive words or sentences or offering different opinions to the moral majority we'll all be a lot happier here.

Thankyou all, I trust you will do the right thing.

2. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Congratulations, you've doubled your ban.

However you also know what words are acceptable and what aren't. I went for months just editing it, giving you a chance to quit but you didn't. Hence I started banning you.

You can read the TOS, luigi. It says clearly what you're not allowed to do. You chose to break it. You can't blame anyone for then going through on what they warned you about numerous times and banning you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.