main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Side by Side: The Angel & the Negotiator's Diaries(Re. Dear Diary Challenge:AU: IT) ANNOUNCEMENT

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Yup, pretty much :D

I'm not sure about "soon"... it's a subjective term. :p

I wonder how she feels too. [face_thinking] [face_mischief] We'll find out in time I suppose.

Luke is up to something, and you'll find out what, very soon. ;)

Actually, it wasn't as easy as Ben lets on... he tends to understate things. :p When I write the full story, as opposed to what Angel and Ben choose to reveal in their telling, you'll see what I mean.

Usually. :D

Don't forget, Padme had her difficult side, too... just ask Panaka and Typho. [face_laugh]

So am I, and I'm sure it's gonna be much sooner than Ben suspects. [face_mischief]

[b]Year 13, Day 2, 3AM[/b]

[color=purple]Why does Luke always do things he isn't supposed to do in the wee hours of the morning? Can't he misbehave at a decent hour? I woke up to both him and Ben arguing. I never saw Ben raise his voice in anger before, but considering the seriousness of what Luke did, I can't blame him. He... Luke... actually [i]called[/i] Bail... how he managed this is complicated, but suffice it to say, it was a very dangerous thing to do. If the communication was spied on by any imperial agencies, we? not only Luke, Ben and I, but Bail and Leia as well? could be in danger.

Ben is talking about moving off Tatooine. I pray this won't be necessary, but Luke and I are packing... just in case... while

2. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    :eek: OMG, I wonder what will happen now?

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    oh, my. Poor Luke. He only wanted to do a very innocent thing yet ended up risking all of them. Great update. :)

4. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    aw, poor Luke. :( Obi-Wan wouldn't get angry unless it's something very, very dangerous or serious.

5. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    :eek: Luke! That's very, very bad! Are they going to have to move? Is Vader going to find them?

And on an only vaguely remotely related topic, how exactly is Obi-Wan going to figure out if they're in danger on one trip to Bestine?

The poor Kenobis. :(

6. KaraJadeKim

KaraJadeKim Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2008
    uh Luke being a very bad boy but he was worried about his sister at least Luke learns from them

Great update Alexis

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Why does Luke always do things he isn't supposed to do in the wee hours of the morning? Can't he misbehave at a decent hour?

Because that would be WAY too convenient! :p

Great update. I wonder if there is a reunion between the siblings in the near future? [face_thinking]

=D=

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    The last is what separates him from his father. Anakin, though he had a good heart, he was always hardheaded and very resistant to admit his mistakes let alone learn from them. He was always looking for ways to get around the rules.

And that's so true. I hope they don't have to move. On the run they have more ways to run into Imperials.

Interesting update with many possibilities =D=

9. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
  10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm sorry for not responding to everyone's feedback. I'm having trouble with the internet and am not sure if this post will even work, as everything I've posted today I've had to resend at least twice... even my PM's have been freaky. So, here goes.

[b]Year 13, Day 2, 11:45 am[/b]

[color=purple]Luke and I finished packing within an hour of Ben leaving for Bestine. It's not like we had alot that we [i]needed[/i] to take with us. The worst part was waiting to hear from Ben. I kept envisioning him getting killed and stormtroopers invading our home. I kept checking the charge on my blaster as though it could be drained spontaneously without being used.

I tried to remain calm for Luke, but he wound up being my rock. The first few minutes after we finished packing, was spent with him apologizing once again for what he did. I held him close, assuring him that I forgave him. I even told him some of the naughty things I did when I was young and headstrong. That cheered him up some.

Later, he calmed me down as I started pacing, worring about Ben. He was so calm, and when I asked if he was worried at all, he admitted that he was concerned, but he had faith in dad... Ben.

Then he asked me if Ben had ever been disobedient. I found I couldn't answer. I didn't know. I was sure there were times Ben had to have gotten in trouble as a youngling and a padawan... no one is perfect, after all... but when I met him, he seemed to me the ideal Jedi... still is. I never saw any rebellious streak or defiance of rules in him... like Ani had. I told Luke he should ask Ben himself.

"Yeah, I'm sure he'll tell me everything he's ever done wrong." Luke rolled his eyes as he added, "Like poop in his diaper and whiz on the poor soul who changed it."

I just looked at him in shock for a moment. Then I started laughing. I couldn't stop. Luke laughed with me. It was a good release, and made the wait easier to bear. I think he knew I needed that, which is why he said it.

Anyway, to both Luke's and my relief, Ben arrived back home a few minutes ago. I'm going to make lunch, and as we eat, perhaps [i]I'll[/i] ask Ben if he's ever broken the rules. Luke's question made me curious.[/color]

[color=chocolate]~~~~~~~~[/color]
    [color=purple]~~~~~~~[/color]

[color=chocolate]Well, I'm back from Bestine. The reason I went there because that is where the Imperials have set up their headquarters, so is the best place to find out what is going on. To make a long story short, we don't have to move.

When Luke and Angel greeted me with hugs at the same time, I felt... good. I was home.

That may sound strange, but it just occured to me that sometime over the past thirteen years Tatooine has gone from being a place of self-banishment to being home. I just realized this after almost losing it.

I'm happy here with Luke and Angel.

I know things will change. Angel is dedicated to Anakin. In a few years, if we are able to bring Anakin back from the dark side, she will be with him. And I will be happy for them.

For now, we are a family, and I am content with that.

Luke asked a strange question over lunch though. He asked if I'd ever disobeyed when I was growing up. Well, of course I did! It's part of growing up. Jedi or not, no one is perfect. The strangest thing is, Angel and Luke both cracked up laughing before I even finished my reply. I don't understand why using a hose in the fountain room to squirt Qui-gon is that funny.[/color]

11. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    I love Obi's last remark...I can totally see him doing that! :D

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I connected the dots!

"Yeah, I'm sure he'll tell me everything he's ever done wrong." Luke rolled his eyes as he added, "Like poop in his diaper and whiz on the poor soul who changed it." leading into:

The strangest thing is, Angel and Luke both cracked up laughing before I even finished my reply. I don't understand why using a hose in the fountain room to squirt Qui-gon is that funny.

[face_laugh] Great update.

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    That was a great update. :p Thank you for the PM. :)

14. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    I sure hope they are still as safe as 'Ben' thinks they are ...

That may sound strange, but it just occured to me that sometime over the past thirteen years Tatooine has gone from being a place of self-banishment to being home. I just realized this after almost losing it.

I'm happy here with Luke and Angel.

I know things will change. Angel is dedicated to Anakin. In a few years, if we are able to bring Anakin back from the dark side, she will be with him. And I will be happy for them.

Still so self-sacrificing. It doesn't occur to him that he and 'Angel' have been together over four times as many years as Padme and Anakin had, and they have raised Luke together, lived in the same household, had so much more real commonality over that time, compared to the episodic married life of the Chosen One and the Senator ...

Not meaning to vote for Padme choosing Obi-Wan over Anakin, but, seriously, this is one thorny problem. No wonder Uncle George just killed her off. So much neater and simpler ... :oops:

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    You've captured Obi-Wan's voice perfectly!

=D=

16. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Qui probably deserved it. :p You have their voices so well! Loved it. :D

Though still waiting for Padme to come to her senses...

17. KaraJadeKim

Mar 5, 2008
    I can here both obi wan and padme saying that i love your response and how Ben thinks of tatotinne as home instead of banishment.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely update and I can see Obi-Wan doing that as a Padawan.[face_laugh]

19. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    I will be happy for them

only on the outside....

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Yeah, young Obi was a little squirt. :p

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed that. :D

You're welcome, and thank you. :)

Yeah, leave it to me to choose to tell a more complicated story. [face_laugh]

Thank you, I've tried to keep both their voices true to character. It isn't easy since this is so AU.

[face_whistling]

I'm glad you're enjoying this. :)

So can I. :D

Ah, but I do believe he will be truly happy for them if he sees Padme is truly happy with Anakin. Obi-wan is as selfless as Anakin was selfish.

[b]Year 13, Month 7:[/b]

[color=purple]Luke was made captain of his bolo ball team today! I am so proud of him. Another thing to celebrate is Akee was also elected captain of the school's dejarik team. We went out to dinner with the Lars family to celebrate the boys' accomplishments.

I don't know which to feel sorry for: Akee's little sister, Coolanna, because Luke doesn't notice how infatuated she is with him; or Luke, because he doesn't realize how much little Coolanna likes him.

It'll be interesting to see how this goes as they grow older. Right now, Luke still has his eyes on Camie. I don't think Camie is right for him. She's content to stay on Tatooine, while my son is destined to leave. I'm not putting the girl down for that. Beru is content to stay on Tatooine, too, and she's one of the wisest women I've ever known. Still, I feel that if Luke is tied to Tatooine, he won't be able to fulfill his destiny. Coolanna, on the other hand, seems to be quite the adventurer... which is surprising seeing how grounded both her parents are.

Somehow, I think Coolanna will catch Luke quite by surprise.[/c

21. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Gee, Obi-Wan's line of thinking sounds rather familiar. :p Wonder how that conversation with Yoda will go. And ah, the joys of young, angsty love! [face_laugh] I wish it went away...

22. KaraJadeKim

Mar 5, 2008
    that is obi wan for you always thinking ahead and i love how padme is such a good mom and watched out for luke

23. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    May the Force be with him.

Is Obi-wan saying this to reference to the girls or the future of the Jedi

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Obi-Wan seeing the future?
    and Padme seeing a love developing?

Great post

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Yes, mothers of boys worry just as much, if not MORE, than mothers of girls about "the right one." :D

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.