main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Side by Side: The Angel & the Negotiator's Diaries(Re. Dear Diary Challenge:AU: IT) ANNOUNCEMENT

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    His line of thinking is only logical. ;)

I can't imagine Padme being any other way.

Both perhaps [face_laugh]

I don't think Obi-wan had a premonition, but thinking what would logically come about if things go according to plan.

Makes me look forward to the next ten years of raising my son. :p

[b]Year 14:[/b]

[color=purple]We recieved a small package from Bail Organa today. Obi-wan had to go to Bestine to get it. It was a holo-recording of Leia! The note Bail had included stated that she had happened to wake up and come into the room the night Luke had contacted him. She had heard Luke refer to her as his sister. Leia had insisted on making and sending the recording to us after he explained the circumstances of her birth. It took so long to get to us because Bail was careful with how he sent it... I won't go into any of the precautions he took, so as not to endanger anyone.

Anyway, Ben, Luke and I watched the recording together. I can't get over how beautiful Leia is. When I voiced that, Ben said that of course Leia was beautiful because she took after her mother. I blushed even as Luke shushed us because she was still speaking. He was transfixed by the hologram of his sister. When the recording stopped, he immediately played it again. Then he turned to me and said, "She speaks just like you, mom."

He's right, though I hadn't realized it as I watched her. I kept thinking how familiar she was, and told myself it was because she was my daughter. But Luke's statement made me realize how much like her I was when I was her age. It's almost disconcerting. Especially when she spoke against Ani so vehemently. Like Luke, she doesn't see Ani as her true father. That honor goes to Bail. But there's something more chilling. She seems to [i]hate[/i] Ani... or I guess she hates [i]Darth Vader[/i]. It makes me worried that she may not work with us to redeem Ani, but exact 'justice'.

When she spoke about justice, she reminded me so much of her father... Ani, not Bail. He too, was very passionate about bring about justice... perhaps too much so when he slaughtered the encampment of Tusken Raiders who killed his mother.

As to how she feels about me, she has mixed feelings. Bail told her stories about what I've done, and she said she admired me, and she saw herself in the things Bail said about me. However, the admiration she feels is like that of someone studying a figure in history. It's Breha she holds in her heart as her mother.

I understand that, of course.

That doesn't keep my heart from aching.

I keep telling myself I should be grateful to Bail and Breha for raising Leia to be such a strong, honest young lady. Yet there is the part of me that remembers how much I hurt when I gave her up. That pain is as strong now as it was fourteen years ago.

I did my best to hide my sorrow from Ben and Luke... especially Luke, because he was so exited to see his sister. They knew anyway. As I politely excused myself and left the room, I heard Luke whisper to Ben, "What's wrong with mom?"

He reads me as well as Ben does now, though he's not old enough to understand the heartache I feel.

Is it too much to ask he never feels this miserable?[/color]

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    ACK! I only posted Padme's part, which is the last post of page 7! :oops: I also forgot to PM everyone to tell you I updated.

[b]Year 14, Day 1 (part 2)[/b]

[color=chocolate]I went into Bestine to get a package Bail sent us. It came exactly a year after Luke contacted Bail without permission. It turned out to be quite a birthday present, even though I know Bail couldn't have planned on that timing. It was a holo-recording of Leia.

Luke and Angel were both transfixed.

Leia is remarkably like her mother... Angel, not Breha... beautiful, determined, and compassionate. Not that Breha doesn't display those same qualities, but... well never mind that. Anyway, after playing it for a second time at Luke's insistence, a melancholy overcame Angel and she excused herself. I know she tried to hide her sadness from Luke, but the lad sensed it anyway.

"What's wrong with mom?" He asked quietly.

I told him that it's hard to give up a child, even if it's for their own good. He couldn't understand why his mother would still be upset after seeing that Leia was not only okay, but doing well. He wanted to go into Angel to comfort her even thoughhe couldn't understand why she was so upset. I told him that it was best to leave her alone for now.

I couldn't take my own advice.

When Luke went to bed, I found myself standing outside Angel's door. I heard her crying, and any hesitation I had faded, and I knocked. I went in when she said to, and found her sitting against the headboard of her bed, hugging her knees to her chest. My feet must have carried me across the room of their own volition, as I don't recall deciding to sit on the bed next to her. My arms did the same thing, for they were wrapped around her as she leaned her head against my chest and wept into my tunic.

I held her the rest of the night as she slept.

Force help me, I love her!

I have much meditating to do, for I find myself unwilling to let her go when I look towards the future.

Yet, I know I will if that is what she wants.

I find myself hoping that she'll find herself no longer loving Anakin. That she would love me.

Forgive me, my brother.[/color]

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

I have much meditating to do, for I find myself unwilling to let her go when I look towards the future.

I find myself hoping that she'll find herself no longer loving Anakin. That she would love me.

Forgive me, my brother.

Ouch, that hurts. Obi's earned the right to her love, but love is strange. Should Anakin turn back to the light, can Angel and Ani "wipe out the past" and start fresh - or is the past now over and the consequences need to be faced?

Wonderful job.

4. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    I knew it! :D *squees over Obidala-ness*

k, I'm good now. Great update! [face_dancing]=D=

5. KaraJadeKim

KaraJadeKim Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2008

Forgive me, my brother.

Great update love the obidala ness its so sweet

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004

Forgive me, my brother.

These feelings have got to tear up Obi inside. He's just too damned noble for them not to. I look forward to seeing what happens next.

=D=

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely update to see Leia=D==D=

8. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I agree with Kim - poor Obi-Wan and his nobility! I think that prevents him from having a lot of happiness - or at least what happiness the Jedi allow themselves to have. :p

9. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    look at all these bloodthirsty readers looking forward to the agonizing choice obi wan will have to make.

:eek:

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Stang, I lost almost all the responses to your replies I typed out when I hit the "show recent replies" button and then quoted. :_| I hate this new version of software, even if it is nice to have bold/italicize/etc. for the PM's. [face_frustrated] Okay, end of rant.

In the interest of my sanity, I'm gonna go ahead and update. Suffice it to say, I really appreciate your feedback and thank you all for reading.

[b]Year 16, Month 8:[/b]

[color=purple]Leia has become Alderaan's senator. We... Luke, Ben and I, went out to dinner when the oven broke down. Luke says he can fix it, but will have to pick up the spare part at the junk yard tomorrow. Anyway, the restaurant had the holo-news on, and there was Leia, addressing the Imperial Senate. She has grown quite a bit since she made the holo-recording for Luke over three years ago. Seeing her state her position brought back so many memories from when I was in her shoes.

I pray Ani doesn't realize too soon who she is to him!

In just a little over a year, she will come to Tatooine on a pretext of a diplomatic mission. Then we will be able to plan with her and Luke just how we'll turn their father back to the light side.[/color]

[color=chocolate]~~~~~~~[/color]
    [color=purple]~~~~~~~~[/color]

[color=chocolate]When I took Angel and Luke out to dinner last night, we were able to see Leia on the holo-news. It's remarkable how much like her mother... Angel, not Breha... she is. It makes me worried that Anakin will somehow [i]know[/i] who she is. Force, I hope not!

I didn't tell Angel about my concern. I don't want her to worry. After all, worrying about what may not even occur doesn't do anyone any good.[/color]

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    After all, worrying about what may not even occur doesn't do anyone any good. so true for all.

Nice update seeing Leia again.

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Short but absolutely LOVELY update!

=D=

13. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Exciting... but dangerous. I can't help but wonder if Leia going back to Anakin's home planet might bring unwanted scrutiny...

14. KaraJadeKim

KaraJadeKim Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2008
    Great to see leia working intio her job as sentator well and sad once she finds out ani is not who he was.

15. VAPa

VAPa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    I love your characterization of Obi-Wan, Padme and Luke. I normally prefer Obi-Wan with Sabe, an OC or Ventress (weird, yes, I know) but you've done such a good job with Obi-Wan's introspection that I'll make a brief Obidala exception to continue reading. [face_blush]

Some posts were so touching that I got choked up. :_| May I be on the pm list if you have one?

16. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I've finally caught up!! So many things are happening but one things for sure, when all is said and done more than one heart will be broken...

Great updates, as always!

17. iluvwriting

iluvwriting Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2008
    Wonderful story, I can't wait to read the next part!

18. iluvwriting

iluvwriting Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2008
    I would love to read what happens next! I'm still looking forward to see if Anikan recognizes Leia!

19. DarthGimpy

DarthGimpy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2004
    awwwwww. I hope you continue the story! There aren't nearly enough Obi-Pad stories out there! I'm enjoying it so far!

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thanks for the kick in the pants to start writing this again. [face_laugh]

Seriously though, I've decided to continue this story in a short story format. It's starting to get awkward telling it in diary format from two perspectives. I apologize to all my readers for letting this die so abruptly. Thank you all for reading. If you want, I'll PM you when I post the first chapter of the short story I'm planning for this.

21. DarthGimpy

DarthGimpy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2004
    I was secretly wondering if you were going to be able to keep going indefinitely and eventually conclude the story in the dual-diary format. I'd love to get a PM once you get the new format running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.