main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Side Characters that become cult favorites are needed in ST

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by clone3131, Apr 2, 2013.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I watched that. Brilliant.

2. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Let's also not forget the modicum of respect he gets from Darth Vader. When Fett voices concern that a dead Solo would be worthless to him Vader tells him he will be compensated--contrast that to the door-mat treatment Vader gave to Lando.

3. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I think a character that Wooo's would be good.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Cult favorite? Evil Dead Sith?

5. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm under the impression you follow the EU? ;)

Maybe it was because she was a preview figure? Again, one of these ;)

Ah but does he swear? He says in one part that Anakin is "bantha poodoo". The subtitle beneath clearly says "bantha fodder". So later in the film when he crashes his podracer, he slams his fist down and shouts "poodoo", is he really swearing or just saying "fodder" because he is annoyed?

I like Watto more than I like some of the ST leads. And thrice ;)

I think the fear we had for Vader combined with him telling Boba "No disintegration's" had loads to do with Fett's cool factor. Followed by the fact Boba caught his prey.

gregvader123 likes this.
  6. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    It seems like the definitions of side characters differs. Aside from Boba Fett, the other bounty hunters were just extras, same with the majority of non-speaking Jedi. That's not to say they're irrelevant; they help create the Star Wars universe by standing there and looking cool. That being said, the OT isn't better than the PT. They both have memorable "side characters" who create a visual presence for themselves, but don't distract from the film. I immediately think of the strange beings on the streets of Mos Espa in the Phantom Menace.

But the other definition being thrown around seems to be secondary characters, which is a big difference from extras. Either way, the OT still has no significant lead. There's no facts in the matter, only opinions.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    We defiantly need to see more of Bossk! I'd also love for money monkey lizards to appear in the ST.

8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm kinda hoping a "Jack Sparrow" doesn't occur. Which is when a supporting character becomes incredibly popular, so the studio then decides to basicly make that supporting character the MAIN character *or just shove him in our face 24/7* that after a while it gets realy annoying and kinda loses his first appeal.

9. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Or secondary character saturation like the Boba/Jango shoe-horning in Eps II and IV.

10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

11. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Side or background characters that become cult favorites happens by accident.

If you try to make that happen it won't work.

It happens naturally.

Jcuk likes this.
  12. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Basically, this thread is saying "I want more extras who'd make cool action figures".

Because let's face it, that's where most of these OT side character cults began.