main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sideshow sneaks "Ralph McQuarrie" Collection

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Dec 30, 2013.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Over the holiday Sideshow announced that they're going to be producing Ralph McQuarrie inspired collectibles.

View the sneak HERE!

I'm guessing there will be statues of all sorts for this. I can't see them making 1/6 scale figures. Although, man, I'd love 1/6 scale figs of these.

2. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    OK, that's pretty awesome. I've always loved these designs and am pretty excited to see what Sideshow does.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll have to see what they do and how much. I have a couple of the 'Concept' action figures that came out awhile back (Stormie and Fett).

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I love the Hasbro McQuarrie concept figures, but whenever I hear the word "Sideshow" my wallet starts sobbing, so I'll play a wait and see with this one.

5. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Been a fan of the RM production paintings/artwork ever since I was a kid back in the day.

I liked the Ralph McQuarrie concept figures that Hasbro came out with a while back. However, any Sideshow 1/6 scale figures would be too expensive for me.

6. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    Yeah, that is the difficulty with the 1/6th stuff. It isn't cheap. I don't know how the folks that collect that stuff do it!

7. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Cool. Ralph McQuarrie was an phenomenal artist, and Sideshow makes some incredibly detailed collectibles. These sound like they'll be awesome (but probably too expensive for me, I'll have to see).