main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious and Pals.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by MySaberStings, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MySaberStings

MySaberStings Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    Does Sidious have any actual freinds not counting Anakin whom he can confide in and discuss life in general? Maybe the guy he was hanging out with in the theater whom he asked to leave?

2. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    [face_thinking] Maybe some of the senators were his freinds but I am not sure.:confused:

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I don't think that the Sith see people like that. I think the description of how Dooku files everyone as either assets or threats can be applied to Sidious, and after Mustafar, Anakin, as well.

4. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

If you go by EU, he had plenty of "Friends". Chancellor Valorum considered him a friend and trusted adviser. Palpatine saw Valorum as a friend that would be handing him the galaxy on a silver platter. I guess it depends on how you see "Friends".

Carnage

5. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I don't think he had real "friends," just people that he kept close to him to do his bidding.

6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Agreed. As I said the insights that we're given into Dooku's psychological make up in the Ep.III novel can probably be applied to all the Sith seen in the Star Wars Saga.

7. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    He was very popular in the Senate so he probably had tons of friends, but not close ones. None that he could confide with that he was a Sith.

8. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    The Emperor dosen't have friends. He only utilizes those around him who can assist him in gaining more power or for the sheer amusement of their prescence.

Sure, some may have considered Palpatine a friend but that dosen't mean he shared the same sentiment.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    No real friends. Just servents and allies. In the films he had Mas Amedda and Sly Moore, who were apparently in on everything. He publically befriended Valorum, but was going to betray him. In the eu, he has several that make up his inner circle. Sate Pestage, Kinman Doriana, Vos Parck, Armand Isard, Ysanne Isard, Mara Jade and several others. Plus all of his Apprentices and the members of the Emperor's Hand.

Everyone was just a means to an end to him. Even those who served as his Apprentice were kept close, but he always kept an eye on them for signs of betrayal.

10. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    Quoted For Truth

11. ChestRockwell

ChestRockwell Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    He would have to have some sort of best freund person who is basically harmless that he kind of got a kick out of. What if he has a little sister who is dear to him?

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Kill the sister, kill the family. Familes are for the weak. Only thing that matters is...

[image=http://library.thinkquest.org/3890/EMPEROR3.JPG]

POWER, UNLIMITED POWER!

13. Darth_Manic

Darth_Manic Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    I don't think the Sith have friends,they are not the friendly type.

14. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    With all that power, who needs friends?

15. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    I think Sidious' closest friends were Darth Maul, Vader, and maybe Plaguous. Sometimes when he talked to Vader and Maul, there seemed some sympathy and pride in his words.

16. Wrongway

Wrongway Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I think, after the events of ROTS, Palpatine just secluded himself in a very large room for years with a hologram of the universe laughing uncontrollably. [face_skull]

17. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    To go by _Dark Lord_, a true Sith has allies (people he is using), but he never trusts anyone enough to consider him a true friend.

Which is not to say they don't sometimes have one. Count Dooku gives up an easy chance to become master in _Labyrinth_ in order to save Sidious's life, but then Sidious callously uses him and orders him killed.

So, you could say that Dooku was Sidious's friend, but Sidious wasn't able to be Dooku's.

18. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    damn SINISTER that's the best freakin' post you've ever made.

19. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I just realized the title of this thread is not "Sidious and Palps". When I first saw it I was like "God, not another clone thread..."

20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

[image=http://www.carawilliams.com.au/_images/word.jpg]

21. Sidious_T

Sidious_T Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    An island unto himself.

22. Darth_Ogawa

Darth_Ogawa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    I think Palpatine looks to R2 for courage and strength during the crash landing of the Invisible Hand.

23. ChestRockwell

ChestRockwell Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    I bet his bestest buddie was Cliegg Lars... can anyone find a pic of them together? If not its only because they kept their friendship very secret.

24. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    LOL!

Either that or some droid action on his way "down"

25. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000

I know thats who I look to when things arent goin so well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.