main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Sidious Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SateleNovelist11, May 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I might as well make this. Darth Sidious Palpatine has a lot of respect from the fan base. We all know he's immeasurably evil and sadistic. He's definitely not someone we would like in the real world. But we know evil tends to intrigue people. Sidious is intriguing because of his ingenious mind, his successes, and the way he is. As interesting as I found Darth Plagueis, I mainly read the novel to learn more about Palpatine. I regard Sidious Palpatine as the primary antagonist not just of the Star Wars films but of the EU. It's like every Sith before him was a foundation leading up to him, particularly the Banite line. He's the culmination of a warlords, sorcerers, tempers, and corrupters, as well as the worst dynasty of such people. Many Sith who come after him, including Caedus and Krayt, struggle to catch up to his level of success, and whether they admit it or not, they were influenced by him. In many respects, he is the dark side like he boasted in Dark Empire. He compared his essence to the blackness of space, but he should have compared it to the abyss of a black hole. If Darth Nihilus is interested in destruction, Sidious is primarily interested in torture. That's what makes him terrifying. Well, you know, in a horror story sense. We're all scared of him, but don't ya admit that ya couldn't wait to see him fight Darth Maul and Savage Opress in TCW? Also, his duel with Yoda and Anakin in the Sith sorcery dream was pretty much how it would have gone down. I love Yoda and admire him as a character, but I see Sidious as the anti-Yoda. The stories of Sidious during the Dark Times are interesting, as well. His relationship with Vader is probably the most important aspect of his characterization.

This thread is for anyone to share why Sidious Palpatine intrigues her or him. The Dark Lord of the Sith is one overwhelming, lethal motherfornicator fo sho. I think that Ian McDiarmid, Ian Abercrombie, and Tim Curry were magnificent performers who helped bring him to life. I know Curry got some hate a while back as not being as good as Abercrombie, but I think he delivers his lines as Sidious very well. I can't decide whether I like McDiarmid or Abercrombie better in terms of performance. I am aware that other people have voiced him, too, but those are the three that come to mind when I think of him. Feel free to share which actor you feel did the best.

On a minor note, the man has great fashion. Lol. I like his Sith robes in TCW. I also like his brown and gold Chancellor outfit. Let's face it. Sidious makes Maul, Tyranus, and Vader afraid. He'd give Exar Kun, Darth Caedus, Naga Sadow, Darth Bane, and Vitiate runs for their money. Feel free to share if you feel that he could defeat any of them. I personally think he could, though it would be harder for him to beat Caedus or Vitiate, and he'd probably come out with some severe injuries.

The Sith Camp likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder what would happen if Sheev got his hands on some ancient Sith artifacts. For example, what could he achieve with a meditation sphere or with the Corsair? What if he wore some amulets?

The Sith Camp likes this.
  3. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    He would be devastating. Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history. If he amplified his power via Sith artifacts, I imagine that his Force storms and other powers would be even worse.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015

Do you think that Darth Krayt could have defeated pre-Dark Empire Sidious, Darklordoftech?

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Noooooo!!!!!!!!!

Krayt was nothing more than a Maul cosplayer who took advantage of the chaos and destruction caused by combination by the combination of Sidious, the Imperial remnants, the Vong, Caedus, the Lost Tribe, and Abeloth. Sidious devoted a lifetime to studying the dark side and scheming.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  6. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    -) Darth Sidious did possess some Sith artefacts. I like to compare such artefacts to substances and methods prohibited in sports. They might increase your strenght, but the strenght itself already has to be there otherwise they are no use at all.

-) Since Ian McDiarmid played Sidious in the movies, he cannot be compared to voice actors. That does not mean the voice actors cannot be compared with each other.

-) Just like many characters in the SW universe, Palpatine can be seen as an instance of an archetype.

-) Palpatine did not appear in ANH. So, the importance of Palpatine as a character has changed over time.

-) I myself think Exar Kun was more powerful than Sidious, but that is just my view.

7. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    It would have been boring if he had remained the dullard who was used by the Imperial bureaucrats and military leaders in ANH. Good thing Lucas changed his mind by TESB and made him a Force-user.

What artifacts did he possess? I know he's used sorcery to conceal his true face and to do some weird things with monsters. I must have missed that.

I agree, Dark Lord of Tech. I think Krayt couldn't have beaten Sidious at any stage.

8. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015

WELL SAID the both of youse :) I like your comments - AH darklordoftech - well in the Darth Plagueis novel Palpatine already was - well in the form of Ancient Sith Tomes; consider already even probably before he met Darth Plagueis and knew more about the aspects of the Sith yet he was already taking advantage of his family's wealth to gather a treasure trove of Sith Tomes as they intrigued him with Dark Side Powers ... ALSO - consider how Palpatine would have in the EU - well in Dark Empire he would have visited Korriban himself - he remarked how he visited at times and how it was place reeking with Dark Side Power - and he no doubt would have taken some holocrons or tried to no doubt ... I mean he did compile up the Book of Sith ... PLUS also notice in the Clone Wars that nasty arcane Sith Ritual he conducted with Count Dooku ... coincidence? I think not and clearly it is not counterintuitive to think that Palpatine clearly must have really known quite abit about aspects of the Sith and being trained to a high standard by Darth Plagueis ... also it was explained how Darth Plagueis in the EU allowed Palpatine to study Ancient Sith history and by letting him have access to some arcane Sith holocrons; it was thought by the Jedi Order they had all the Sith holocrons confiscated and hidden safely in the vaults of the Jedi Temple BUT they were really just clever imitations of the Sith holocrons ... no doubt Palpatine would have had been MORE POWERFUL then ... but with amulets eh? That would be interesting ... probably something like a Marka Ragnos II? Or probably the SHEEV HOLOCRON or the SHEEV DEVICE? Similar to the Muur Talisman perhaps? Who knows?

Now SateleNovelist11 interesting pick on the Sith Lords whom Palpatine could give them a 'run for their Power' particularly Exar Kun, Darth Caedus, Naga Sadow, Darth Bane, and Vitiate runs for their money. Feel free to share if you feel that he could defeat any of them. I personally think he could, though it would be harder for him to beat Caedus or Vitiate, and he'd probably come out with some severe injuries as you state ... but perhaps what about MARKA RAGNOS? The Revanchist? Or Freedon Nadd? Or of all the Sith ... his very own Master ... Darth Plagueis the Wise - noneother than the Powerful Sith Scholar of the Midichlorians? Given the fact how Darth Plagueis himself trained Palpatine to a high standard (he remarked at times to Papatine on Mygeeto along the lines 'If you're to succeed in this (his Sith Training) - the Profane World and that of the Sith Sidious, you will have to learn how to use guile to your advantage and also note how others are employing it...' or where when Palpatine tried to 'use the Force to help him' negotiate a slope and Darth Plaguies admonished him by saying 'FOOL! SUCCESS DOES NOT COME UPON CALLING THE FORCE FOR HELP BUT FROM TAKING CONTROL OF IT AND USING THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!' and the fact all the whilst laying the groundwork for the Sith Grand Scheme ...

But I always also thought Palpatine was practically one of those if not the only one character in Star Wars who was irredeemable and beyond help ... given if in the Darth Plagueis novel - where Palpatine remarked casually that he at a young age he already was responsible for the deaths of 2 pedestrians when he crashed his speeder - and Cosinga Palpatine's 'accredited' interventions kept Palpatine from trouble and only fueled his sense of entitlement and where Darth Plagueis later thought when he was amused and intrigued by Palpatine's ambition for politics and Power in the Galaxy 'does this young human have the Force?' and where when Darth Plagueis gave Palpatine a look over after Palpatine remarked 'I BECAME A STORM MAGISTER! STRONG ENOUGH TO WARP BULK HEADS AND HURL BODIES ACROSS CABIN-SPACES ... I WAS DEATH ITSELF!' and Darth Plagueis thought 'what an ally he would make ... WHAT AN ALLY HE WOULD MAKE!' and how he envisioned Palpatine even though he was still young and inexperienced how he was practically an ideal embodiment of the Dark Side of the Force; where Palpatine up until the age of 17 he had 'bottled up his anger, his fear and his Powers' and the fact the murder of House Palpatine tore away the emotional walls that Palpatine tried to keep in his Powers and rage in check but by then his raw potential was but unleashed ... and the fact how Darth Plagueis even explained to Palpatine and 'offered' him the choice whether to join the Sith or to simply live in guilt and come to grips with what he had done but the fact he should and could join the Sith as the 'shortest and quickest route between today and tomorrow' and which he did do ... and yet the fact how Darth Plagueis emphasized the importance of emotions BUT also at the same time it was useless to have emotions unleashed and uncontrolled and that the Dark Side of the Force was important and it was vital to keep them in check or atleast harness them as to taming a wild beast and to subdue it ... given Darth Plaguies also remarked how 'Sith embrace the Dark Side FROM THE START and from the Self and Outwards ... how they stalk the Force like hunters ... rather than surrender to it like prey on enigmatic whims...' or simply even where Darth Plagueis when he 'encouraged' Palpatine to kill his family - Palpatine was somewhat desperate and Darth Plagueis remarked 'you must do what must be done ... whatever it takes' to avoid the separation from him ... and look at Palpatine where he tends to give sick encouragement by remarking 'DO WHAT MUST BE DONE! SHOW NO MERCY...' I wonder if there's a connection to this from Darth Plagueis ...

Given also where Darth Plagueis coldly demanded (pun intended) on Mygeeto to Palpatine who would have been SHEEV-ERING in the frigid naked cold 'tell me again AND IN GREATER DETAIL APPRENTICE ... HOW DID YOU KILL YOUR FAMILY...' and how he kept doing it again and again and again and taunting Palpatine as well as claiming how he would be Palpatine's 'torturer' to appease him ... BUT I think where when Darth Plagueis remarked 'I cannot have your will tempered by feelings of regret or compassion...' and how Palpatine must regard every living thing as 'a tool to guide him and elevate him to a higher place' ... I also wonder if that also in the EU fueled and emphasized the fact WHY Palpatine practically didn't 'give a Force' about anyone - and not even loyal ones - well those loyal to him given he was willing to discard those no longer of use to him ...

With Palpatine also - it was stated when he murdered Darth Plagueis in cold cold blood by 'charging him with the utmost agony' via Sith Lightning - he also felt a Powerful aura bursting from him as if there were a demonic beast or creature inside of him just waiting to be unleashed then ... and the fact how Darth Plagueis at one time coldly remarked to Palpatine '"You have the Force, apprentice, and the talent to lead. More, you have the bloodlust of a serial killer, though we need to hold that in reserve unless violence serves some extraordinary purpose. We are not butchers, Sidious, like some past Sith Lords. We are architects of the future." clearly explaining to Palpatine whilst he may and would be destined for great Powers - the same time he needed to exercise control over his Powers and not be some butcher or feral beast like Ancient Sith Lords whom were thugs and arrogant selfish (even by Sith standards at least around the time of Darth Bane otherwise why'd he bother killing Darth Kaan and the Brotherhood of Darkness eh?)

And I think you noticed that I mention Darth Plagueis a bit here given if he was Palpatine's Sith Master and mentor, teacher and great benefactor as well as a Powerful Sith Scholar of the Midichlorians given in the EU a favorite quote I like from him included: "Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you." - given it seems this implicates the high level and standard of training Darth Plagueis subjected Palpatine to regardless of how traumatic it was ...

Though I wonder again IF Palpatine didn't have Darth Plagueis as a mentor and such ... how successful then would he have been eh?

9. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    That's a good question. Bankers can be dangerous people. Plagueis feared death because he viewed life as cheap and he didn't want his death to be cheap. He wanted to be above everyone else. It could be argued that Plagueis couldn't see the difference between saving the galaxy and mutilating it. Sidious could see the difference, but he didn't care. He convincingly acted as though he couldn't, and that's part of why he is scary and irredeemable.

10. Huttslime

Huttslime Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 1, 2015
    He'd handily slaughter Exar, Krayt, Malgus, Vader, Bane.

Caedus is probably the closest to him in sheer dueling skill, and Plagueis is strong enough to hold his own. But yeah apart from being an interesting political manipulator, he's the most powerful Sith to have existed.

11. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I think it is wrong to say Sidious did not care about chaos or order, SateleNovelist11.
    ---
    Sidious would perhaps be able to outsmart Exar Kun, but in a straight duel I think Sidious would loose.

12. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I do admit that Kun is the poster boy for aggressive Niman and Caedus is more of a representative of diplomat's Niman. Sidious seems to prefer a mix of Juyo, Niman, and Shii-Cho. I still believe he could defeat both of them with Force powers. He could defeat them with dueling skills, but not easily.

13. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    Well - in the Darth Plagueis novel - when Darth Plagueis visited Naboo and later met Palpatine in the famous 'I know more than just your name...' after Palpatine was startled in the fact how Darth Plagueis knew his name when he called 'young human ... a moment of your time please...' and where later Darth Plagueis saw Palpatine as a potential ally and spy and later Sith Apprentice given Palpatine was young then and had ambition and fondness for art but was at that time a little shy to admit it - as he had not fully understood nor discovered aspects of his Rage and Anger and Power then - until only after Darth Plagueis goaded him into murdering his family somewhat and the fact how Palpatine had long hated Cosinga Palpatine for lacking ambition and being weak .... and wasn't Darth Plagueis more of a Magister and well a business magnate - entrepreneur rather than a banker? He did train San Hill though ... and Darth Plagueis explained to Palpatine how the Sith the ones whom are the 'necessary saviors' of the Galaxy and to regain control of the Galaxy and Power in the legacy and the name of the Sith ... and as with Palpatine 'not giving a Force' but in the EU perspective you could say surely it was also due to Darth Plagueis's tutelage and training that also influenced him eh? Given Darth Plagueis remarked how a Sith is willing to be selfish and has self-preservation in mind and cannot be restricted by compassion and selflessness ... considering he 'Forced' Palpatine to murder his family indirectly in a sense ... and the fact Bon Tapalo would then gain favor in Naboo given Cosinga Palpatine was opposed to his plans to sell Plasma from Naboo...

Yup - I can agree with that - although I'd still say a ROTS version of Palpatine would have to be cautious against Darth Plagueis given Darth Plagueis surely isn't just some academic or Sith Scholar - I mean if Palpatine grinned and acknowledged his Power and such ... and given when Darth Plagueis at one time coldly told Palpatine 'CAREFUL BOY ... YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE IN THIS ROOM WITH THE POWER TO KILL' shortly after the revelation that Darth Plagueis manipulated Palpatine into murdering House Palpatine ...

But in the Darth Plagueis novel - in one of the chapters Darth Plagueis explained the need to appreciate and understand weapons and explosives and that Palpatine would 'sometimes need to learn more of the aspects of the weapon rather than its wielder' as 'every weapon and explosive has its own make and design and peculiarities'... and hence Palpatine would have a working knowledge of more than just the Lightsaber and the Lightsaber forms eh?

14. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    I know it has been already established Darth Plagueis as Palpatine's Sith Mentor and Sith Master BUT I was always wondering now and then - given atleast in ROTS Palpatine merely gave the 'Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise' - and in the film we don't exactly have him DIRECTLY admitting Darth Plagueis was his Sith Mentor; rather he just stated how Powerful Darth Plagueis was AND how Darth Plagueis taught Palpatine 'everything about the Force ... even the nature of the Dark Side' to Anakin and whilst in the ROTS novel he remarked 'Darth Plagueis was my mentor' BUT in the films for the matter he never did - only telling 'the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise' ... I mean surely then he could have 'fabricated' or even claimed Ancient Sith Lords like Darth Bane himself, Darth Andeddu, Freedon Nadd, The Revanchist!, Darth Malgus, Darth Vitiate or Marka Ragnos or Naga Sadow were his Sith Mentors or 'the Tragedy ... the Rise and Fall of Marka Ragnos in the Golden Age of the Sith Empire' to Anakin or anything else ... I was just wondering then - of the Ancient Sith Lords to the generation of Palpatine/Darth Plagueis - who else may have honestly been a potential Sith Mentor to Palpatine? I mean I can imagine him studying and learning Sith Arts and Sith History and Sith Dark Side knowledge via a spirit/hologram of Marka Ragnos for instant or perhaps Freedon Nadd - given both Sith Lords did train Sith Apprentices and future Sith Lords themselves being Exar Kun respectively to name a few ... or honestly in the end it was really most likely to be Darth Bane other than Darth Plagueis the Wise given Darth Bane did cook up the Rule of Two Sith Grand Scheme ... whereas Marka Ragnos, Freedon Nadd, The Revanchist, Darth Vitiate, Naga Sadow, Darth Andeddu to name a few I mentioned did not ...

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Moving to the Sidious fanclub.

16. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I think a lot of us should be honest that we read Darth Plagueis because we were interested in old Palpatine's origin. Evil is like that. You may not identify with it, but you're still curious, as you wish to know more about it. Plagueis himself would have made a better emperor. He was very wise, logical, and crafty like Darth Bane, which was rather ironic, given how he wanted to change the Rule of Two Sith into something different. Sidious was more of a sadist who was interested in power for power's sake. He ruled through fear, but managing a weak galaxy in the aftermath of his galaxy-crippling Clone Wars was a task that was hard even for him. He enjoyed the manipulation, pain, and suffering he caused, but he also preferred to sit on his throne and take pride over ruling people rather than do the heavy workload. I mean, I find people like this in history repugnant, but I understand the concept of a totalitarian ruler being required to be as paranoid and ruthless as possible to maintain his power. As evil as Sidious was, he grew overconfident and he thought he could manage the Rebellion and people like Luke. He failed to realize that things were slipping beyond his grasp even before the Rebellion. Dealing with the anti-Sith conspiracy and other things was not something he put sufficient enough effort into. This is where Vader and Imperial figures like Tarkin come in. To make a totalitarian system work, the system has to totalize every brutal figure in the chain of command to desire order and uniformity at all costs. Palpatine was aware of the intrigue and the desires to topple him from his most capable servants, including Tarkin, Vader, and many, many lofty moffs and admirals. But he also used it to his advantage, and his Force powers gave him an edge mentally, intellectually, and even politically. Having his somewhat ambiguous hierarchy below him gave him the advantage of them turning their fangs and claws toward each other while he could...um...watch. But we all know this. It seems like Thrawn was the most mature about them. Thrawn honestly comes off like he believed in order in a more mature, astute, and I daresay noble fashion. Tarkin, Vader, and Sidious himself all had their vices and their own rationalizations for why they thought they were bringing about justice. They were damaged and vile for different reasons. Thrawn, by contrast, genuinely believed the Empire's order was essential and he foresaw that it would help when faced with the extra-galactic Yuuzhan Vong. I don't think Sidious thought about that enough. He was aware he would have to be prepared, some source say, and we all know that the Empire stood a better chance against the Yuuzhan Vong than the later New Republic and even the great Jedi of Luke's new order. By that logic, one could argue that the evil, speciesist Empire, however gloomy and cruel, was the best system to combat the Vong, and the heroics of the Alliance and Jedi made the Republic ill prepared for an an extra-galactic force. Therefore, in spite of Palpatine being not the best dictator, the irony is that his New Order (Imperial and Sith style) was the best system equipped to handle the Far Outsiders. Hmmm... something to think about. It makes you wonder why the Force works the way it does in this story. (Different authors with different ideas being a big reason.)

Thanks for your analysis, Sith Camp. I'm sure Sidious had a thorough analysis of different weapons. He might have been willing to use knives and poisons like Caedus would. I'm sure Sidious, being the snake he is, would look for any advantage in any fight. A weapon, figurative or literal, is something he as a master politician and powerful sorcerer was something he would enjoy studying.

The thing that creeps me out about Sidious is that he came off like he was trying to portray himself as a spoiled teenager with some good idealism mixed in with his implied desire for power. But his father really encouraged the darkness in him to bloom in a very terrifying way. Sidious didn't really seem to resent Plagueis for manipulating him to kill his whole family for moral reasons. He resented it because he felt that, even though he despised his family, he felt like he lost potentially useful tools of some sort. I mean, it's really twisted. He hated Plagueis for one-upping him in the beginning. He admired his teachings and knowledge, since the Sith values melded well with his latent sociopathy. Sidious definitely earned his name by becoming patient, crafty, and adept at manipulating both sides during the Clone Wars before he struck his final plan. But I think Lucas himself doesn't understand how scary Sidious is. He wanted to make him this master manipulator and dark side incarnate figure for his films. But the Expanded Universe took this notion and made it even more terrifying. I mean, Sidious is the type of villain who makes Heath Ledger's Joker look like a small timer, of course. Joker is the nihilist anarchist who loves to prove how frail, hypocritical, and shallow many people are. Sidious Palpatine has those nihilistic tendencies, but instead I believe he just enjoys laughing at people in the galaxy far more than the Joker would. He enjoys cultivating life-forms for the purpose of humiliating and killing them someday. As ruthless and bloody as Maul, Tyranus, and Vader all are, albeit in different ways, one can even feel a smidge of sympathy for them. It's like Sidious is harming his apprentices and not only the heroes. As depraved as Imperial officers like Piett and others can be, you gotta admit that Sidious enjoyed bringing some of those guys down and proving how base they could be. I mean, regarding Dooku and Anakin/Vader, Sidious was using and abusing an older man and the latter from his teens to his middle age. But with Maul, that really creeps some fans out. It's like Sidious enjoyed...abusing a child and molding him into this raging Zabrack/Nightbrother killer. That's among the sickest things Sidious has ever done, and that was even before he became the fearsome Chancellor/dictator. I mean, I never thought I'd say I feel kinda sorry for Darth Maul of all people, but you get what I mean. I have said that sometimes over the years. The notion of Sidious taking a kid and doing all that to him from infancy to adulthood is out there and among the lowest things a criminal can do.

BarrissCoffee and I were mentioning some of this, and we found that the aformentioned issues are part of the gothic/dark side of Star Wars that is similar to some old 19th century novels and even our modern graphic novels. As twisted as it is, it does say something about some people in society. And I think it was one of Lucas's better ideas because he was basically warning about how dysfunctional societies/republics turn to the wrong person to "get things done." The galaxy definitely got the worst man to "get things done": Sidious Palpatine. And he ripped the galaxy apart before turning it into his dictatorship. But a universalist Force adherent would say that the galaxy had to be divided and went through all this suffering in order for it to become whole again after Sidious's downfall. Ehh. Sounds like real life religious people who say that good comes out of evil. I do believe that good people and, relatively speaking, less morally ambiguous people can make change in society after it declines. I wish that happened more often. Therein you see some my perceptions of the post-ROTJ Star Wars stories. It's sad how people couldn't agree and try to put differences aside. From that arose Darth Caedus, who wished to unite the galaxy and force it to be a better world. And sometimes the darkest people have the best intentions. We can't say that about Sidious. He may have seen himself as something like a savior, but in the end, I see him as not really changing that much from how we first saw him in Darth Plagueis. He is spoiled and he wants everything for himself. He just learned how to manipulate situations and act differently in order to make it look like he was doing it in acceptable adult terms. Kinda...antisocial personality disorder, eh?

Gosh, the things I think about after going to a party. Lol. Hope I didn't make myself too numb.

Silas Nightstalker likes this.
  17. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015

Hello again! A Party?! LOL I'm due for a dinner party tomorrow night ... minus drinking HAHA XD

Well - in the Clone Wars Palpatine goes as far as using Sith Alchemy and that nasty arcane ritual he attempted with Count Dooku in a sick twisted attempt to play on a mental and emotional attack on Master Yoda ... and even Count Dooku was for a moment hesitant on what Palpatine was going to conduct ... and yes indeed from what Palpatine had done to Darth Maul and who knows what could have happened IF he learned of Luke and Leia SOONER in the events of ROTS eh?

Also the fact Darth Maul, Count Dooku and Anakin have all been also betrayed by Palpatine in a cold way ... where he simply either replaced them or had a potential candidate to attempt to 'get rid of them' ...

But wasn't Palpatine also one whom saw himself as a 'savior' rather than a monster and that he felt the Sith were the ones entitled and necessary to govern the Galaxy? But then again with tyranny and the fact Palpatine never 'gave a Force' about anyone or anything ...

But wasn't it in the Darth Plagueis novel where Darth Plagueis after he gave Palpatine a look over he realized the potential hence 'WHAT AN ALLY HE WOULD MAKE! WHAT AN ALLY HE WOULD MAKE!' and where Palpatine was then claiming he felt as if he were 'BUT A STORM' and 'DEATH ITSELF!' and all that Darth Plagueis did was simply 'further develop it' and the fact how indeed when Palpatine was already cruel and selfish BUT he was trying to keep his Powers in check BUT the moment he murders House Palpatine - its like practically undeniable Palpatine is headed for the road to utmost violence and well ... being irredeemable ...

18. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Lol. I never really liked drinking per se. I'll do it to keep my mouth fresh when water ain't around. Lol. I have friends who invite me to big time Asian parties in Dallas, TX. Good times.

Oh, I know that Sidious has used alchemy. I heard about him doing it a few times prior to TCW. But that scene where he does it is really creepy. Tim Curry delivers the line well. Agreed. Dooku was always fearful and even a bit reluctant to go along with Sidious's more extreme measures. That's because Dooku isn't a complete psycho, as I'm sure you know. He was a political idealist who gave into some nasty temptations to "right" wrongs and fix the galaxy. Maul definitely had a nightmare of an upbringing. Good point. It would have been just wrong and horrible if Sidious got his hands on Leia and Luke as babies or children. Ugh. I hate to imagine. Don't think anyone ever mentioned that to me. That would make an interesting fanfic, but a scary one.

You're right. Maul, Dooku, and Anakin/Vader were all tools for Vader, and he seemed to enjoy getting rid of them or harming them more than anything else. But would you say that he viewed Vader as a wimp for not trying to overthrow him until the TESB/ROTJ time period? I've heard that before. The Sith masters tend to enjoy the challenge of a worthy opponent/apprentice, and Vader didn't fulfill that function until much later. I know Sidious had tried to abolish Bane's Rule of Two with his own Rule of One. But, still, he seemed to look down on Vader for waiting until Luke came along. I'd be interested to hear your take.

Never gave "a Force." Lol. Nice. I'll have to use that. Well, I think Palpatine viewed himself as a savior, but it's partly due to ego. He viewed the sentients of the galaxy as bereft of intellect and majesty. He saw himself as the most worthy being to rule the galaxy and bring order to it. He was, after all, a man who liked to fancy himself an enlightened ruler. I think he expanded upon this in his writings. He basically saw Force-sensitives as more self-aware and certainly god-like compared to other beings. I don't recall the name of it, but I remember how he put it.

I agree. I think that Palpatine would have become a violent person and certainly a murderer even if Plagueis had not come along. Plagueis gave him a push and encouragement to act on his feelings, much like Palpatine himself would give Anakin a push to do something similar. Encouraging Palpatine to join the Sith and training him further enhanced his darkness. It's kinda like the argument I heard that Anakin was headed down the path to becoming a darksider on his own. He would have fallen either way. Palpatine just gave him a push and entrapped him in the Sith way, and then Anakin was enthralled to the notion of having the power to save his wife and having the power to do whatever he wanted without constraints. Basically, I think Palpatine learned quite a bit about manipulation and the appeal of hedonism from Plagueis. He encouraged Dooku with promises of political reform and the quick and easy path to using anger and hate to exact revenge on opponents. Similarly, he enticed Anakin with similar promises. I'd like to think Anakin's desires were, while dark, a little more sophisticated and similar to some of Dooku's goals than we saw portrayed in ROTS. I can't believe Anakin became Vader solely out of a desire to preserve and possess his wife. I imagine he was angry over Ahsoka leaving him, angry over not being able to save people, angry at the Jedi, angry for knowledge, and angry for more violence and bloodshed. Anakin is a very damaged warrior and former slave, and I can see why Sidious regarded him as his "masterpiece." He relished creating Vader, and he said he would do it again if he could. Lol. What a guy. He's KRAAAAZY.

I guess I've been studying Star Wars a lot for the past decade. Lol. Well, you gotta admit he is probably the best primary antagonist SW could have. He's very nuanced for an "evil" dude. Well, I swear that as I was listening to this, the band's lead singer was screaming, "Deal with me!" as Yoda and Sidious were fighting. Sounds like what Sidious would say.

19. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Anyone think that Yoda or Luke could beat Sidious with Force powers?

I think Yoda could if Yoda was a darksider.

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Movie Luke couldn't, but EU Luke could.

21. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
  22. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015

Well - look at how he applied Tutaminis against Palpatine' FULL RAW Barrage of Sith Lightning ... well - he could given notice the look of Fear - even if it was momentual on Palpatine's face ... - clearly he knows that despite his Powers and such - like any Sith - he is full of Fear ... and the Fear of Death - the Fear of Losing his Power ..

However - I doubt Master Yoda would win so easily - he could suffer severe injuries and he could be extremely exhausted - given Tutaminis is not something that is easily put upon ... AND also Palpatine wouldn't go down so easily - not saying Master Yoda won't be losing if he won BUT consider if we put in EU feats - Palpatine knows Essence Transfer, he probably had some Ancient Sith Magic or Trick up his 'SHEEV' that Darth Plagueis taught him but we hadn't seen it yet AND the struggle he put up with Anakin just prior to being hurled hundreds of feet down the Death Star Reactor AND the fact there's the nasty Force Storm if Palpatine got super super worked up ...

Or Palpatine might just try to resort to a last-ditch effort and 'POSSESS' Master Yoda ...

EU Luke? Are we referring to a later older version of Luke that is? So the time of Dark Empire? Given Luke could - BUT not so easily and the fact in a fresh young clone body - Palpatine was momentarily able to defeat Luke and it took Leia's encouragement and help to draw him back to the Light Side of the Force AND to best Palpatine now and then ... even so Palpatine worked up a Force Storm which was nasty ...

Actually - with Palpatine - remember the reason he 'never gave a Force' about anyone - you have to consider he sort of VIOLATED the Baneite Rule of Two - where he took multiple Sith Apprentices AND he never intended to DIE AT ALL by any Apprentices hand ... even though previous Baneite Sith Lords understood one day they will die in a way by their Sith Apprentice's hand ... Palpatine never had such intentions in his book anyhows ...

Also - I beg to differ slightly where you say Palpatine would have become a violent person and murderer; true he already was responsible for the deaths of 2 civilians in his flash prototype speeder at a young age BUT notice as long as Cosinga Palpatine was around and until Darth Plagueis came - Palpatine more or less basically 'did enough to get into trouble but just enough to stay out of severe nasty repercussions' until the slaughter of House Palpatine - and you gotta consider Palpatine was still young and abit 'shy' that is to admit his love for art and well interest in Galactic Politics AND the fact he was desperate when Cosinga Palpatine threatened his working relationship with Darth Plagueis ... AND he was only 17 years old ...AND Darth Plagueis when he gave Palpatine a lookover and summarized 17 years of bottled up repressed anger and fear and such ... AND Palpatine tried to keep it in check by building a wall - BUT the moment he committed Patricide and Matricide that was where the walls were broken like a dam ... and that was it - no turning back ... AND the fact look at how Palpatine was 'FORCED' to endure the 'SHEEV-ERING' cold of the unforgiving naked frigid wastes of Mygeeto all the whilst being 'FORCED' to listen to Darth Plagueis's taunts and stern lectures and without respite, food or rest for days ...AND where Darth Plagueis DEMANDED over and over again early on the training on Mygeeto 'NOW...TELL ME AGAIN AND IN GREATER DETAIL APPRENTICE ...HOW DID YOU KILL YOUR FAMILY?!' and it was so that Palpatine finally could erase the images of confusion, guilt and shame until he was molded then into a cold-hearted Sith Lord ... AND the fact Darth Plagueis explained how 'he could not afford to let emotions of compassion' intervene with Palpatine's training ...

And hence I also wrote and posted a Palpatine Dark Side poem in the Fan Fiction ;)

Yes - notice in EU - The Dark Empire Palpatine angrily commented 'THE REAL VADER WAS ALREADY NOTHING MORE THAN A WEAK OLD MAN IN A ROBOTIC SUIT!' and remember - even in ROTS he already was frustrated when Anakin stupidly and arrogantly got baked alive on Mustafar and he considered abandoning Anakin BUT that would have nearly and severely weakened his plans and the Sith Grand Scheme more or less ...

Sophisticated? I always saw Anakin as a brute and impulsive and angry ... honestly ... I even would question Shmi Skywalker - did she even KNOW Anakin at times was already like this long before Qui-Gon Jinn crash landed on Tatooine? And I always wondered why is it for Anakin for a hero - he ends up being the impulsive, angry and arrogant idiot at times ... and he clearly was too emotionally attached ... it literally 'served him right' to be baked well on Mustafar ...

Oh and btw - nice - you say Dallas - Texas eh? You must reside in Texas eh? Hmm ... my father's visited Texas before - well more than 20 years earlier - if not 30 years earlier - he enjoyed the steaks and cowboy dances ...

Haha ... I reside in Melbourne ... and you say big time Asian Parties - hmm ... I'm Taiwanese Australia - well Asian-Australia haha :)

23. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Interesting. I'll have to read your fanfic poem.

24. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    Hello again!

I see you changed your DP to that of - if I'm not mistaken Sailor Neptune was it? I could be wrong ...

As with the poems? Here are the links:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/emperor-palpatine-d.50028226/

Oh and just recently I wrote of this one:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...c-cocktail…-enter-the-indominus-rex.50031155/

For this one - the Indominus Rex Poem - so DEVOUR - Prehistoric Cocktail? I recommend viewing Jurassic World FIRST and THEN reading my poem >:D

25. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    My profile pic is Sailor Neptune, Michiru. I actually chose Michiru as my middle name after my sex-change. I love her character.

Thank you, Sith Camp. I'll be sure to read them soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.