main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious' fighting style

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by r8hitman, May 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm not sure if this has been talked about yet, but can I get some opinions on what you think sidious' fighting style will be in ep.3?

will it be a slow type of style where he doesnt use a lot of energy and calculates his opponents every move, or an acrobatic, martial arts type of style like maul or does he just go off on people and get wild and crazy with no technique and just use anger and aggresion to wear people down? (like luke did to vader in ROTJ)

2. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    I would think that if he used a saber it would be like a style full of "Coup de gras"es. Quick finishes. Hes not really the acrobatic type, I don't think.

And yes, it has been discussed. Many times. Many times. But, there is nothing new under the sun.

3. The_Dark_Lord1

The_Dark_Lord1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2004
    While I haven't read any of the books, sadly I've heard that Sidious is suppose to be so quick with the saber that it's just a blurr. Personally I'd rather not see that, just doesn't seem to fit the bill. I don't mind seeing him fight with a saber, just as long as it's done realistically.

4. NoCloneTheories

NoCloneTheories Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2003
    My feeling is he will be incredibly slow in a weird way. I think that Yoda's quickness last time is going to be undermined by evil. That is why in the OT we don't see the focus on acrobatics. The focus then is on purity of soul.

5. JBRO13

JBRO13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm thinking like Vader in ANH. Slow, plodding, but meticulous and surgical.

6. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    If you play the "jedi power battles" video game you will see that Adi Gallia holds her saber upside down, so that is also another possibility for a new style we might see from sidious.

7. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Sidious fighting style is supposed to be BEASTLY! [face_devil]
    It is supposed to something that we have never seen before. It sounds cool.

MP

8. sithmonkey75

sithmonkey75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2004
    Dooku doesn't have much age difference on him, does he? Then again Sidious could be a 1000 years old. Anyways, I think he moves very little, uses quick jabs, slashes and waves(remember, it's all in the wrist) and the entire time crap is flying around the room and he has electricity radiating from him at will. To me, that would be ultimate Sith power. Everything at once with a smile...

9. Theory55

Theory55 Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 3, 2004
    I'm still saddened after hearing that he will fight with a lightsaber.. but there is one way I believe it could be pulled off..

Yoda is on the offensive, sidious just standing there blocking all of his attempts to hit him, and then yoda, tired, stands there unsure of what to do next. Then, with one fell swoop, Sidious swings at yoda, yoda blocks, but is pushed across the room by the sheer power of his swing onto the floor a good 10 feet away. By then Yoda knows it's useless, and retreats.

Edit : it was confirmed that he would be fighting YODA, right?

10. UberP

UberP Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    He won't fight like Maul or Ani, thats for sure...

However, you cant rely on Star Wars books and games either... LucusFilms have already render many old books and comics about Boba Fett useless and wrong. But if Paulpy is to fight, he will fight like a tired old man, yet something about the way he fights will keep faster, more abled-bodies on guard... dont forget his Forcelighting either.... methinks Yoda would have a tough time making it into a little ball.

11. cygnusjedi1

cygnusjedi1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2003
    Sidious looks like the kind of villan who likes to toy with his opponent, but thats my own personal opinion. i mean hell...he's got dooku and anakin fighting and also luke and vader fighting in ROTJ partialy to corrupt one of them, and also for his own ammusement.

12. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    If anyone's seen Kill Bill Vol. 2, Uma Thurman becomes a student of Pai Mei, an old kung fu master, and totally gets her butt kicked when fighting him. I envision Sideous vs. Yoda will be portrayed in a similar fashion.

13. Theory55

Apr 3, 2004
    LOL kill bill vol 2, something funny about picturing Sidious standing on top of yoda's saber blade

14. pika122689

pika122689 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2003
    I think he'll be slow, as in walking and agility, but his lightsaber swings will be FAST.

15. KAKAMAN

KAKAMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    I think his fighting technique is going to be awesome. Like MasterP said, I thought, it is supposed to be something absolutely wicked!!

16. Dark_Jedi_D

Dark_Jedi_D Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Quick and powerful. Yoda won't know what hit him.

17. jollydwarf

jollydwarf Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Pertaining to saber technique, it'll probably be very economical and very definitive. I would also expect it to be appear effortless.

Still, given that he's old (or even ancient) and can deceive multiple Jedi right in their faces, I think that a good fighting style would be to 'cloud' Jedi's minds with images of Katie Holmes enjoying a frozen custard cone and then driving his blade right through their heart while they're disoriented and drooling.

There's still reshoots in August, George and Nick! Think it over!

18. Wrath_Of_Windu

Wrath_Of_Windu Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2003
    That's if Yoda even fights Sidious, though we'll definently see it used against Mace.

19. Theory55

Apr 3, 2004
    i believe it is confirmed yoda fights sidious.. right?

i've been sick for a few days so my mind might be playing tricks on me, but i think i remember reading this.

20. Moojieba

Moojieba Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    I bet he throws the saber into one Jedi, then uses the force to make it fly around the room, cutting heads off.

Its not a fighting style per say, but it is something we've never seen before.

21. Psychotic_Sith

Psychotic_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 9, 2004
    I really hope he's not acrobatic. Maybe when he was a Sith Apprentice to whoever his master was, sure, but he's much older now, and his power with the Force is so great that it almost makes a lightsaber obsolete.

I think he should stand still, in one place, and not jump around; but be able to block with great ease, and with speed we've never seen before. I, too, want him to throw things around with the Force, like Vader did in TESB; while he's fighting. I also think it would be a good idea for him to somehow incorporate Sith Lightning in his attacks, maybe use it to distract Yoda, then while Yoda is trying to block it, attack him.

I think it would look very cool if he just stood still, but his arms moving so fast with the lightsaber in his hands that it looks like one big red blur.

22. cygnusjedi1

cygnusjedi1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2003
    as long as he toy's with yoda before wipeing the floor with him, ide be happy :D.

23. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    I like the idea that was posted about him moving slowly but having fast swings, that seems like it would fit him.

24. Dissembler

Dissembler Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    I expect "in a way we've never seen before" means more than just a different fencing technique.

Whatever though, expect Sidious to employ a great deal of psychology in his duels.

25. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    One of the spoilers that was listed last week (then taken down) stated that Sidious fights Yoda first with sabers, then force powers. I think that must mean that Sidious blocks a barage of Yoda's attacks, then he knows that he can't even think about using his saber.

Sidious being wicked defensive against a huge attack by Yoda (set up in AotC) will be amazing to see.
    Then..

The force power battle...oh the possibilities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.